VN Ren'Py Lyla's Curse [v0.1.52] [Voodoo Monkey]

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes

GoGom

May 13, 2019
Played this game back in 2018. Now I look, and the version of the game does not correspond to the time elapsed :). Please tell me, has the developer abandoned this project? Why?

Angel Cake

Aug 14, 2023
Major props for putting this masterpiece on my radar. The artwork is straight-up mind-blowing – it's like they poured creativity into every pixel. And you know what's the cherry on top? That whole school vibe mixed with the mysterious twist. It's like they took two killer ingredients and cooked up something seriously amazing. Much love for sharing this find, and a big shoutout to Voodoo Monkey for working their magic! :cool:

Waskare

Aug 21, 2020
From Patreon:

Hey Everyone! It's been a minute.
I apologize the for extremely long absence since my last post. I'm still working on the new update but not gonna lie, development has been slow. I've been having some issues but I think they're finally resolved.
Man, you have no idea how appreciative I am of everyone who kept sticking around, and checking in on my discord server (which I've been absent from there too). Actually I've been kind of absent from everything. -_- All of you guys are amazing, the ones that stuck around and kept interacting, holding the fort down and believing in me still. I really want to pay you guys back with excellent work coming up. Now that I've got my mind back, I feel the invigoration flowing again like it used to.
Here's the long explanation if you're interested:
I'm not gonna lie, I've been struggling a lot on being able to focus on this project. I think I've finally figured out the root cause too. The previous released update back on October was also a struggle and I thought it was primarily due to the 1.5 hour commute I used to have to work. I was put on this medicine a year ago and didn't realize that one of the possible side effects is some form or cognitive impairment. Like it gave me this brain fog that made it really difficult to focus on really creative tasks and very technical problem solving. Like I can only play video games for like 30 minutes before I just couldn't focus on it anymore. I was just attributing this to burnout or something. But recently, within the past month and a half I got off the medicine and within a week, all of a sudden I feel like my mind is back. I work in a very technical field and luckily I was good enough at my job to run on autopilot but it was a struggle performing at the level I normally do, and same with development on this game. That's why the artwork has waned as well. I wasn't able to actually focus on anything for too long and I was getting really worried that I just couldn't do it anymore. And it's not for lack of trying, I've been steadily trying to work on the game with progress coming along at a snails pace, and the content I was developing is not up to the normal standard I hold myself to. Even the last update, I wasn't quite happy with the quality of the writing. The effects were just so subtle that I didn't think it was coming from the medicine, I just thought I was severely burning out or something.
Other News:
I've got some animations to share in separate posts that I've been working on as well!
Also looks like is getting closer to end of his development cycle for his latest game! I'm very excited for it :)
Also who's playing Baldur's Gate 3?

Jan 7, 2022
I really liked this game & its premise.... even though the dev responded recently on patreon, I have a feeling that this game will most probably join the long list of abandoned games.

This game had so much potential, such a pity. Hope I'm wrong.....

Not_Sure

Mar 13, 2018
I really liked this game & its premise.... even though the dev responded recently on patreon, I have a feeling that this game will most probably join the long list of abandoned games.

This game had so much potential, such a pity. Hope I'm wrong.....
I hear ya

I really hope we get a surprise update out of nowhere at some point.

The dev has always been upfront about doing this as a side thing, as long as we don't expect anything we won't be disappointed :p

But who knows, the last update came after a year long break, we might just see more of Lyla at some point!

Reactions: ReShadowDancer

Waskare

Aug 21, 2020
The dev seems to be active on Patreon. He's posting things like every three days or so. I just hope he's as productive when in comes to content for the game.

• Haha
Reactions: reallybadman
4.10 star(s) 20 Votes