motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
A further note on B1 v1.6.7d: In an earlier post I noted that the sprite for Daemon Knight was not showing in the poker battle screen. Actually, there was no sprite for any Daemon's... Until... The Snowdrop quest at a shrine. There was a sprite for an unarmed Daemon in the poker battle screen for that fight. Subsequently, that same unarmed sprite now appears for all Daemons you fight. Hopefully this helps track down the discrepancy if you haven't already.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
LoveOfMagic-Bundle
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
A further note on B1 v1.6.7d: In an earlier post I noted that the sprite for Daemon Knight was not showing in the poker battle screen. Actually, there was no sprite for any Daemon's... Until... The Snowdrop quest at a shrine. There was a sprite for an unarmed Daemon in the poker battle screen for that fight. Subsequently, that same unarmed sprite now appears for all Daemons you fight. Hopefully this helps track down the discrepancy if you haven't already.
This bug has been fixed in the Steam beta version at this time.
If I read right once it is stable it will go live and maybe uploaded here soon after.

Reactions: motseer

potens1

Mar 9, 2020
Hello, I'm discovering the game right now (okay, I'm almost at the end of book 1), and it's quite fun (even if sometime a bit difficult for non-native English speaker) but I have several "technical" issues with it.

I play the native Linux version (did not tried though proton/wine) and playing on different computer (main computer + steam deck connected to TV).
I seems each time I switch (my savegames are on a SD card I move between the computers), the system.ngp1 file is more or less reset, so, I loose every achievements, card backgrounds and I _think_ some of the "spankbank" are also lost (maybe not related, but I know every one of them are not kept).
When I say reset, what it means is, I copy the file (or a backup of it), start the game, and then the file goes from i.e. 40kB to less than 3kB. Does anyone have seen the same, and better, know how to avoid it ? (bonus point to get back what I lost, but I guess I will have finished soon)

I don't know if it is related, but I never have seen anything in the "Memories" on the laptop, I can't even say if book1 as some content for it.

The other problem is more directed to Droid Productions directly (if you see this). I guess you will not touch book1 and book2 anymore, but just to let you know, there is something not right with the sound initialization under Linux with it (I did not tried other builds). When the games are started, it does not use the "default" sound output, but the first in the list of devices, you must have changed something in book 3 because it looks like it works the way it is meant to be, there.

What it means is, i.e. if you connect the Steam Deck to a TV, the sound goes in the Deck speakers instead of the HDMI output (if/for those that have the same problem a workaround is to go in the Deck settings, change the sound output to "internal speaker" and then back to "default", but you have to do that each time the game is started. I've tried to find a config file somewhere to force it, the FMOD init but I'm unsuccessful right now). For the records, it is not limited to the Deck since my main computer does the same (but opposite, the HDMI output is first in list so it takes it instead of the sound card).

Also. just to let you know, the game is not verified (yet?) on the Deck, but it works wonderfully (the only other problem is the onscreen keyboard does not appear (for the few names input), but I can't say if the steam version does it). It could be better with gamepad input, but still very playable with mouse emulation (and I understand it way more work to add it, so no complains here)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hello, I'm discovering the game right now (okay, I'm almost at the end of book 1), and it's quite fun (even if sometime a bit difficult for non-native English speaker) but I have several "technical" issues with it.

I play the native Linux version (did not tried though proton/wine) and playing on different computer (main computer + steam deck connected to TV).
I seems each time I switch (my savegames are on a SD card I move between the computers), the system.ngp1 file is more or less reset, so, I loose every achievements, card backgrounds and I _think_ some of the "spankbank" are also lost (maybe not related, but I know every one of them are not kept).
When I say reset, what it means is, I copy the file (or a backup of it), start the game, and then the file goes from i.e. 40kB to less than 3kB. Does anyone have seen the same, and better, know how to avoid it ? (bonus point to get back what I lost, but I guess I will have finished soon)

I don't know if it is related, but I never have seen anything in the "Memories" on the laptop, I can't even say if book1 as some content for it.

The other problem is more directed to Droid Productions directly (if you see this). I guess you will not touch book1 and book2 anymore, but just to let you know, there is something not right with the sound initialization under Linux with it (I did not tried other builds). When the games are started, it does not use the "default" sound output, but the first in the list of devices, you must have changed something in book 3 because it looks like it works the way it is meant to be, there.

What it means is, i.e. if you connect the Steam Deck to a TV, the sound goes in the Deck speakers instead of the HDMI output (if/for those that have the same problem a workaround is to go in the Deck settings, change the sound output to "internal speaker" and then back to "default", but you have to do that each time the game is started. I've tried to find a config file somewhere to force it, the FMOD init but I'm unsuccessful right now). For the records, it is not limited to the Deck since my main computer does the same (but opposite, the HDMI output is first in list so it takes it instead of the sound card).

Also. just to let you know, the game is not verified (yet?) on the Deck, but it works wonderfully (the only other problem is the onscreen keyboard does not appear (for the few names input), but I can't say if the steam version does it). It could be better with gamepad input, but still very playable with mouse emulation (and I understand it way more work to add it, so no complains here)
Obviously Linux doesn't get the most testing on this game, though I try to support it.

Your savegame issues; I'd make sure you don't have Steam Cloud on... especially with copying saves around manually I'd assume Steam would screw up on that.

I'm finishing testing on NG+ of Book 1, so now's not a bad time for any bug reports; you can also jump over on Discord for quicker feedback cycle. In plans for when I have some time, better Steamdeck support (the inscreen KB, especially, as well as support for keys inside conversations). I had deeper support for Morningstar, but I ended up disabling it as being too invasive for all the people who didn't use it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: potens1

potens1

Mar 9, 2020
Obviously Linux doesn't get the most testing on this game, though I try to support it.
Yes, I understand that, and that's already very nice of you to have done a Linux build !

Your savegame issues; I'd make sure you don't have Steam Cloud on... especially with copying saves around manually I'd assume Steam would screw up on that.
It should not be a problem since on the Deck, it was added as a "non-steam" game, so the cloud sync is disabled. And on my main computer, it is not in steam at all. The thing is I really see the game resetting the file on first launch (the game takes longer to start and is see the size of the file going down)

I'm finishing testing on NG+ of Book 1, so now's not a bad time for any bug reports; you can also jump over on Discord for quicker feedback cycle. In plans for when I have some time, better Steamdeck support (the inscreen KB, especially, as well as support for keys inside conversations). I had deeper support for Morningstar, but I ended up disabling it as being too invasive for all the people who didn't use it.
I will do, so you there then.

And, thanks a lot for all the work that has been poured into this !

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Droid Productions, you may have already found and fixed this but, just in case... In a first play through of B1 v1.6.7d; after Bella becomes a chosen and after talking to her on the paths; her passive damage reduction does not increase but remains at 10%.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Droid Productions

Except for more story that should come in book 2 and 3 I wish Emily's belly was bigger.
As it is she looks about 5 months pregnant in the 7th month, at the end of the first trimester I wish she would show a slight belly bump and the 2nd showing bigger as the time moves on and even larger at 7 months.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions

Except for more story that should come in book 2 and 3 I wish Emily's belly was bigger.
As it is she looks about 5 months pregnant in the 7th month, at the end of the first trimester I wish she would show a slight belly bump and the 2nd showing bigger as the time moves on and even larger at 7 months.
The work involved in redoing all her sprites etc is already a shitton of effort :) If you're doing a straight VN with no side-content and no sprites it's one thing, but for a sandbox this was already far far more work than you can easily imagine :)

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
The work involved in redoing all her sprites etc is already a shitton of effort :) If you're doing a straight VN with no side-content and no sprites it's one thing, but for a sandbox this was already far far more work than you can easily imagine :)
There are hints that you maybe going to do a sequel or something or the other, Hel.

Well now that the 3rd play through is done there is minor continuity issues in book 3 if you don't complete research before going back to Emily it says tomcat instead of my heart. Also when MC goes back until you shut down the game and log back in Emily's bedroom does not have the quick menu.
This is the 2 that stands out the most.

Jun 13, 2018
ummmm....not a personal issue (i find this kind of weird error pretty funny myself.....i mean a Minotaur Knight DRESSED as a weak-ass Defiler?!?) but figured you might want a heads up- this is whatever one is currently on steam for the NG+ branch..... screenshot book 1- 001.png

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
No, it should be fine; it knows what events it's not allowed to re-run. Having said that, I usually recommend until later before you start doing that; if you want more spare time, waiting until day 110 or so, jumping to 120, doing whatever, then jumping back to 110 to finish the book is less likely to break stuff for you.
Changing the day does not change the date and will reset it self after passing 1 day.

15 days change to 5 the next day its back to 16.
This cheat does not work and may need to be removed or fixed.

Or I am not using it right.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Changing the day does not change the date and will reset it self after passing 1 day.

15 days change to 5 the next day its back to 16.
This cheat does not work and may need to be removed or fixed.

Or I am not using it right.
The jump recommended to you was to day 120. This only works because it is after day 115 which is the last day of Book 1. You can play more or less indefinitely and then jump back to the last day you played before day 115 and carry on from there to the end of Book 1.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
The jump recommended to you was to day 120. This only works because it is after day 115 which is the last day of Book 1. You can play more or less indefinitely and then jump back to the last day you played before day 115 and carry on from there to the end of Book 1.
Okay I will try that then and see but dev said you could do it at any time, will try it out and thanks for the reminder.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Okay I will try that then and see but dev said you could do it at any time, will try it out and thanks for the reminder.
Yes. You could jump from day 10 to day 120. But, that wouldn't be too smart since there would be no way your MC was ready to handle the opponents from day 120. The problem was that you misunderstood the meaning of "any time". You can jump "from any day" but the day you "jump to" has to be after day 115.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Yes. You could jump from day 10 to day 120. But, that wouldn't be too smart since there would be no way your MC was ready to handle the opponents from day 120. The problem was that you misunderstood the meaning of "any time". You can jump "from any day" but the day you "jump to" has to be after day 115.
Still did not work, waited till day 110 and changed it to 120 and once you go to bed it reverts back to day 111.
The cheat is useless as it is.

Droid Productions

A book 2 problem bug, we have not gone to the US yet but it says we have in this convo.
Love of Magic 2024-04-15 09-22-25-30.jpg

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Still did not work, waited till day 110 and changed it to 120 and once you go to bed it reverts back to day 111.
The cheat is useless as it is.
At a guess you're just editing the variable in the debug menu, rather than using force start day.
1713221114024.png

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Ok will try that and yes I was only changing the day on the stats page, thanks for taking your time on this.
Yeah, the stats page is just the engine echoing out the variable to make it easier for the scripting system to interact with. Under the hood day/time is stored separately.

Reactions: Warscared
4.60 star(s) 249 Votes