TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
How it started:

Love of Magic Book 1: Act 1 (One of the most fascinatingly terrible games I've ever played, PC)

Act 1:

Genuinely good things first:

*It's probably got one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a game.

*The game looks beautiful. I've never seen backgrounds like this in a VN before, and I love them.

*It's a fantasy Visual novel set in modern day (2019 and 2020) in, I think Scotland.

Things that make it fascinatingly terrible:

*The way everyone talks is just so freaking bad, but it's so damn entertaining. I can't get enough of it.

*You fight by playing solitaire, it just feels so bizarre! and yet again, it's not boring.

How it ended:

Holy wow, this game got a LOT better. It's like the author decided to try a lot harder, and they nailed things after the first couple hours or so, this is genuninately great, and I'm now loving this unironically.

As for what this is about: it's sorta an arthurian tale where Camelot existed, but he existed in another dimension over 15k years ago, and you find out that your main love interest is a descendent.

Thank you so much for making this Droid Productions!

cbsx

May 4, 2020
The author tried a lot harder? :HideThePain: LOL, ok. I don't know of many devs that update more consistently, or would have completed essentially a 3 AVN trilogy with actual game mechanics in about as many years, whilst also coding two others for another group at the same time, in Unity. Glad you approve. :KEK:

Everyone talks so freaking bad? They're Scots... there's really nothin' for it... :sneaky:

You fight by playing solitaire? Um... it's poker... :unsure:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions

Here book 1 is version 1.6.5f
On Steam book 1 is version 1.4.0 (Yes I bought the steam version yesterday, all 3 books.)

Which version has the most content??
Short answer, since I'm testing on Steam, the latest update is always there.

I'm way more conservative on Steam's default branch, though, since people there don't want surprises. The 1.6.5f version had an issue with loading saves that were made from before I started the new game+ run; that's fixed in 1.6.7c, which is hopefully the one I'm promoting to the default branch once and for all.

For Book 2/3, latest is always development branch.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions so did you figure out what was causing my issue? If you're rolling the fix into the next update I don't mind waiting, would just like to know.
Yeah; it was the old save's conversation tracker being of a different file structure than the new one.

Fixed in the update; I'll push it later today.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions so did you figure out what was causing my issue? If you're rolling the fix into the next update I don't mind waiting, would just like to know.
Try this one:

Book 1: 1.6.7d
Win64: - - - -
Win32: - - - -
OSX: - - - -
Linux: - - - -

Note, this is a pure bug-fix release.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Try this one:

Book 1: 1.6.7d
Win64:MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN -
Win32: MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN -
OSX: MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN -
Linux: MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN -

Note, this is a pure bug-fix release.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Using Steam version book 1 [ngplus] end game save then Steam version book 2 [development branch] I lost 6 class 9 gems.
Book 1 Love of Magic 2024-04-06 02-46-06-63.jpg Book 2 Love of Magic 2024-04-06 02-44-59-40.jpg

I don't know if its the end game save not allowing it to be rewritten on a new playthrough or what.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Using Steam version book 1 [ngplus] end game save then Steam version book 2 [development branch] I lost 6 class 9 gems.
Book 1 View attachment 3515670 Book 2 View attachment 3515672

I don't know if its the end game save not allowing it to be rewritten on a new playthrough or what.
Those gems don't exist in Book 2 yet; they'll pop back once I start porting Book 2 to NG+

Reactions: a1fox3

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Notes on 1.6.7d - When playing a new game (first time through). Minotaur on day 1 is fixed but the Defiler does not show up in first DGN1 lesson. (Same issue I'm sure) Black information box that pops up on left side for about 3 or 4 seconds and the one that pops up from the bottom - both have default character names rather than player assigned names. MMA match with Katie: The sprites for MC and Katie are there but they stay out in front of the ring. MC is in a fighters stance but Katie is still in the same pose as the start of the conversation. Katie finally changes pose after 1st KO when she loses her shirt. They don't get up in the ring until after Katie proposes the mat work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid Productions

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
1.6.7d first playthrough (new game) note: Daemon Knight sprite does not appear in poker battle screen.

1egn

Sep 23, 2019
I don't know if I should bother others with this but there is no harm in asking maybe someone has a fix
I downloaded book 1 1_1_6_5d version and text to speech isn't working like no sound is coming out and when I press configure botton nothing happens when tts is on dialogue turns into gibberish when I turn it on and off and press jump to start of conversation botton, text fixes but still no sound and also dialogue gets stuck in the same thing but conversation is progressing
is there a way to fix this like downloading additional voices or allowing access or something or is it a bug
I'm playing on pc

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I don't know if I should bother others with this but there is no harm in asking maybe someone has a fix
I downloaded book 1 1_1_6_5d version and text to speech isn't working like no sound is coming out and when I press configure botton nothing happens when tts is on dialogue turns into gibberish when I turn it on and off and press jump to start of conversation botton, text fixes but still no sound and also dialogue gets stuck in the same thing but conversation is progressing
is there a way to fix this like downloading additional voices or allowing access or something or is it a bug
I'm playing on pc
Hmm... interesting. I haven't done a lot of testing on it, but if you pass me the player.log file I'll have a look.
%USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm playing on pc
Okay, found it. I'm pushing a fixed build to Steam's NG+ branch now.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Droid Productions

I would like to do a run using the cheat to lower down the number of days, will this screw up the quests or the game???

Say I am on day 30 and lower it to day 10.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions

I would like to do a run using the cheat to lower down the number of days, will this screw up the quests or the game???

Say I am on day 30 and lower it to day 10.
No, it should be fine; it knows what events it's not allowed to re-run. Having said that, I usually recommend until later before you start doing that; if you want more spare time, waiting until day 110 or so, jumping to 120, doing whatever, then jumping back to 110 to finish the book is less likely to break stuff for you.

Reactions: Warscared

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
No, it should be fine; it knows what events it's not allowed to re-run. Having said that, I usually recommend until later before you start doing that; if you want more spare time, waiting until day 110 or so, jumping to 120, doing whatever, then jumping back to 110 to finish the book is less likely to break stuff for you.
Thanks for the info.

Now for a minor bug, Emily does not show her armor until going through the portal the first time in book 1 day 20.
Love of Magic 2024-04-08 08-21-55-24.jpg

4.60 star(s) 249 Votes