VN Ren'Py Onhold Lost Memories: The Incubus Awakens [Prologue] [Pi3D]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
Makes sense... i wish OTHER people would do that (and not leave fucking one star reviews on us after a short prologue, forever messing with our average score).

Pain.
yeah i hate it too but there's no rules/system for that. not to mention the 1 star review is based on anticipation (from something you said in the thread - very specifically one thing ) and less on the current game :ROFLMAO:

AVA writer

Oct 18, 2021
Goryah seemed like an interesting character appearance wise. first time i see an elf-orc character in any VN....but apparently she's fucking her dad so she's useless...Oh wait! it doesn't matter cause apparently MC is gonna be forced to bang her if she ends up meeting him cause apparently we get no choice in the matter.

i mean the game seemed interesting but with so little choice on what we can make MC do...seems boring. might as well be a kinetic novel. and at the moment it sort of is. sure you have two choices but they honestly dont change anything and seem mostly like place holders.
how do you already know the direction the entire game is going to go? I didn't realise you had read all our future scripts! there aren't "two choices", this is poor wording on your part which makes the game sound smaller than it is when an enormous amount of work has already been put into choices, and i feel that statement minimises our work... there are two PATHS, dark and light, which will lead to wildly different scenes and interactions and eventually affect your overall game experience. There isn't a set definition on whether something is a 'game' or a 'kinetic novel', but i think writing off our entire game as a kinetic novel just based on you not wanting to fuck one character you saw in the prologue is a bit silly. i dont know why Goryah is "useless" to you just because she fucks her dad, but the game is advertised as something with lots of taboo content, and she's a villanous character, so she's not really supposed to appeal to you as a cute waifu UwU love interest... she's an evil orc. sorry if that's challenging for you.

as i've already said, the prologue was low on choices because like every prologue it was about setting the stage and introducing the characters. at this early stage you have no idea if Goryah is going to be central to the plot or irrelevant enough a side character that I can make her avoidable. for all you know she could die in the next update and won't even be a love interest at all!

at this stage i have decided to make some unimportant characters optional fucks. but as the MC is an Incubus, whether he sleeps with a girl or not is USUALLY pretty pivotal to the plot, because him fucking people is how the plot progresses... you can't just choose to avoid progressing the plot. this is why i'd say in MOST cases it's unavoidable (but not all cases). the decisions you make still greatly affect the scenes. i hope you will keep an open mind. peace.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
how do you already know the direction the entire game is going to go? I didn't realise you had read all our future scripts! there aren't "two choices", this is poor wording on your part which makes the game sound smaller than it is when an enormous amount of work has already been put into choices, and i feel that statement minimises our work... there are two PATHS, dark and light, which will lead to wildly different scenes and interactions and eventually affect your overall game experience. There isn't a set definition on whether something is a 'game' or a 'kinetic novel', but i think writing off our entire game as a kinetic novel just based on you not wanting to fuck one character you saw in the prologue is a bit silly. i dont know why Goryah is "useless" to you just because she fucks her dad, but the game is advertised as something with lots of taboo content, and she's a villanous character, so she's not really supposed to appeal to you as a cute waifu UwU love interest... she's an evil orc. sorry if that's challenging for you.

as i've already said, the prologue was low on choices because like every prologue it was about setting the stage and introducing the characters. at this early stage you have no idea if Goryah is going to be central to the plot or irrelevant enough a side character that I can make her avoidable. for all you know she could die in the next update and won't even be a love interest at all!

at this stage i have decided to make some unimportant characters optional fucks. but as the MC is an Incubus, whether he sleeps with a girl or not is USUALLY pretty pivotal to the plot, because him fucking people is how the plot progresses... you can't just choose to avoid progressing the plot. this is why i'd say in MOST cases it's unavoidable (but not all cases). the decisions you make still greatly affect the scenes. i hope you will keep an open mind. peace.
i made comments based on the current content of the game. and in the current content there are in fact 2 choices. and they don't alter any scene at the moment. as the game updates i have no problem pointing out new choices as they are added.

im not calling this game a kinetic novel because of one character or my lack of interest in said character. i simply said it sort of feels like one at the moment because the story telling is very narrow and the "choices" at the moment dont change anything. FOR NOW.

as for the prologue setting the stage. well the stage has been set that choices dont seem to change anything at the moment. you seem to have acknowledged this because you said you will add options to avoid unwanted content, well skip actually but whatever.

if she dies it wont matter.

making characters optional and which characters are optional is something only you know. but again i'm making comments only based on what is in the game at the moment.

Incubus...if the only way MC gains power is via sex acts then ok. seems limiting but ok. incubus/succubus have been able to increase their power through multiple methods in other games but i can accept that you want to limit them to sex only. i mean if you throw in a dragon in here and usually they're strong but if you decide to label them as the weakest race amongst all others. then i'll be ok with it cause that's how they work in your world.

i'm still somewhat curious about this game so yes i haven't written it off yet so for now i'll wait and see what happens.

and hey im all here for the taboo content. i just dont care for other characters sex life. just boring to me.

honestly i forgot to ask about the game seeming like an Isekai game there at the end. somehow that has me on edge...cant put my finger on it.

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
two issues that suffer with ignorance in the the discussion and reviews are:

1) judging a game harshly on its first release
  1. this is the other side of the coin where reviews praise a game for having "potential". you aren't taking the game for what it is but what it can be as part of your judgement
  2. this is delusional. to think you know or are expecting the game to be a certain way when you aren't the one making it. you can have your expectations but don't lean on it as a fact. you're creating something that isn't there.
  3. this game had like two choices iirc. knowing the extent of which those choices matter can't be known on a first release that's also only a prologue.
    • but the issue arises from not feeling as though your choice mattered
      • - because you expect it to matter immediately - not all games are like that
      • - in a prologue, i must remind you
2) not understanding that because a game is not kinetic novel it has to have a choice for everything you would like a say in
  1. trying to box games in one particular 'genre' ignores the fact that this is also a creative field not just one of pure consumer-entertainment
  2. like films, fashion etc the creator isn't always focused on your preference - more nuanced than that: they are focused on both their interest and yours
  3. sometimes they want to tell their own story - not have you choose your own story*
    • you might say, then make it a kinetic story - but i go back to point 2) 1.
      • * maybe, it doesn't seem that surprising to me, the dev wants some player-choice, but at the same time they don't want to make it completely player-choice
        • in that case, they have some interest in protagonist/character-development, he's not solely a blanket character for you to customise
All this goes without saying that developers play a balancing act of listening to their audience, or the ones they value, and what they, the developers want. It's never going to be a one-size-fits-all nor is it a "okay then ignore everyone" thing. If the devs continue to find complaints about a particular concern then they should be transparent of what their intentions are here so no one is mistaken or at least less mistaken. They will face flack even if they are upfront because some players believe a game should be how they think games should be - it's really if the dev agrees with what they think at that point.

I don't run into this problem of "choice/optional content" because I usually go on the trend of letting the creator tell their story and i'm here for the ride.
if a scene has no choice then take the thing as a story element - you may not like the story but that's fine, criticize it on that, not because you don't have a say in the matter - this is where you may mistake the notion that because you are the MC you are obligated to choice
But let's say there are scenes that are too much for me or repetitively of no interest then there's two things that occur:
  1. can dev offer a skip button?
    • now if you have an issue with skip vs optional then go back to what i just said 4-5 lines above this ("If a scene...") or point 2) 3.
  2. is this the game for me?
    • are these sort of scenes reoccurring or common where things happen that i don't like? then yeah it ain't for me
      • now if you are basing this on a prologue well... that depends on how prevalent your disinterest was, if it was for one scene then you're selling yourself short

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Great start, the premise of the game is interesting, and it has very nice renders. Can't wait to see whats next.
Now for a downside(at least for me). I don't care much for npc on npc action, it does nothing for me. But i can tolerate those scenes if it's for story purposes. I just don't want to be forced to fuck them later on in the story. For example the succubus girl, if she's not someone the MC can get intimate with, it's alright. But if we are forced to fuck or be on some kind of relationship with her, now that's a problem. I wouldn't want anything to do with her after seeing her getting blasted by an Orc:HideThePain:

Michael_MAN

Feb 18, 2021
Hmm, people in this thread are saying smth about lesbian scenes and NTR. WTF? I have completed the prologue and haven't seen anything similar. Maybe I played the wrong game? My ended when the MC met the demon in present days.
P.S. Maybe I got it. These freaks were offended by ork saying that he had sex with his daughter and then kissing her :KEK:

Last edited:
Reactions: anon280 and PieroI

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
An Incubus fucks young virgin pussy and experienced whore pussy alike, he does not discriminate! :)
It's fine, but I, as player, do want to discriminate.

Do you mean 'forced on him' as in 'will the MC be raped' or do you just mean unskippable content? I don't think the MC will be raped, though he might end up in some scary situations and facing some scary ladies. I think in most cases (like maybe 8/10) as long as it is M/F the content will be unskippable/unavoidable. This is because he's an Incubus, and gets stronger the more he fucks, so him fucking/conquering certain characters is an important element of the plot, whereas lesbian content wouldn't affect plot since it doesn't involve him, so we can make those parts skippable if we wish. But i have no desire to make this one of those games where, if you wanted to, you could play through the whole thing without fucking one girl, that shit's lame! (and would make no logical sense given the plot).
The game seemed interesting to me. But I dislike that I can't really choose with who the MC has sex. So I guess I rushed downloading it and now I have to delete it.

In any case, good luck.

Reactions: AVA writer

AVA writer

Oct 18, 2021
Hmm, people in this thread are saying smth about lesbian scenes and NTR. WTF? I have completed the prologue and haven't seen anything similar. Maybe I played the wrong game? My ended when the MC met the demon in present days.
P.S. Maybe I got it. These freaks were offended by ork saying that he had sex with his daughter and then kissing her :KEK:
No NTR. People just like to bring up NTR all the time even when it's not in a game. It's some people's favorite subject, it seems.

There'll be very limited "choices" when it comes to which girls you fuck, as some girls are pivotal to the plot. But how you have sex with them and what kinds of relationships you have with them are up to you.

It will have minor lesbain content and harem stuff in future. Some will be skippable/optional.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
No NTR. People just like to bring up NTR all the time even when it's not in a game. It's some people's favorite subject, it seems.

There'll be very limited "choices" when it comes to which girls you fuck, as some girls are pivotal to the plot. But how you have sex with them and what kinds of relationships you have with them are up to you.

It will have minor lesbain content and harem stuff in future. Some will be skippable/optional.
Thanks for clearing that up and pointing out that other comment, my friend! That person got a one way ticket to my ignored list! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: At present, IDK if I'll be with this title for the long haul or end up dropping it after a few updates. We shall see in time but it looks interesting and sexy so I had to give it a go. All we've seen thus far was really just a teaser. I'm hoping for an update with some meat on the bones before the holidays... hoping... Have a great day:cool:

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Reactions: motseer

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022

Public post

Hello, scene 1 and 2 are done so far, postwork im doing at the end for every scene.

Chapter 1 scene 1 90%
Chapter 1 scene 2 90%
Chapter 1 scene 3 30%
Chapter 1 scene 4 0%
Chapter 1 scene 5 0%
Chapter 1 scene 6 0%
Coding 0%
Testing 0%

I made a Poll for the higher Tier, for the style, but you can choose too which girl you would like to see. (Extra Render)

AVA writer

Oct 18, 2021
We're seeing the criticisms and we're listening. While I think some of them are incredibly unfair, and seem to be forgetting that this was a PROLOGUE (not even Chapter 1), and was intentionally not meant to have lots of choices since its an intro meant to introduce characters and setting (and tone), and give players a taste of the look and feel... many of the criticisms have still been very helpful and useful for us.

For those who are hoping for more choices, there will be a lot more choices that will affect the outcome of every scene and (over time) future scenes, sometimes in subtle ways, sometimes in big and surprising ways, and a lot is planned for alternate paths (and alternate endings).

Many criticisms make me really happy to read, because we have already gone in the directions some people here are suggesting, and sometimes I read these critiques and think "oh man, you're gonna LOVE chapter 1". I particularly find the "harem anime/isekai" criticism funny, because I know that the people who don't like that stuff are going to be pleasantly surprised by the way we turn that entire fucking trope upside down and inside out (while still having some sexy fun with it). If you saw that trope in the game, you were meant to.

I hope even those of you who were let down by the short prologue enough to already give us a 1 star review and announce "I WILL NOT CONTINUE PLAYING EVEN IF IT IMPROVES" will still... eventually... relent and give chapter 1 a go, because it's a lot different from the prologue and deepens the story. We're pretty confident with our story even if we know it won't tick every imaginable box (it doesn't have to).

(But please remember, if you support people on subscribestar, you're supporting the creation and development of a game, not buying an entire finished product. Some seem to forget that. Don't expect everything you want to come instantly. I only say this for the people who will inevitably be disappointed even when we release chapter 1, cause people ALWAYS want "more". But don't worry, more is coming. A lot more.)

Peace.

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Nice prologue, keep going, seems to be a fun story, just hope it have story at all and not only lewd things

Reactions: AVA writer
4.00 star(s) 8 Votes