GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
new game is not created with modpack, is the problem in the conflict or maybe something else?
Not sure what you are asking but no there is not likely to be a modpack, the game runs increasingly poorly with each additional mod and long before you have the 'complete' packages people always ask for when they ask for modpacks the game is unplayable.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
yep, this isnt skyrim where you can just make a well formed modpack. Plus I dont even think we have a centralized location to get the mods.

freedomfr

Jan 19, 2024
Not sure what you are asking but no there is not likely to be a modpack, the game runs increasingly poorly with each additional mod and long before you have the 'complete' packages people always ask for when they ask for modpacks the game is unplayable.
yeah, sorry for my bad english. anyways you got me. someone posted a modpack (40+ mods), i thought it would work.

SunlessSpear

Aug 11, 2017
there is a mods folder in the "LT/res"
They meant a place to find mods online.

And yeah the closest we had to that is google form, and thanks to Discord's new policies none of the Discord links work anymore... Discord links being the vast majority of things on the page, including the images. So, pretty much useless now.

ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
You haven't missed much. 99% is weapon/race/clothing.
None of the "skilled" modders have done anything in over a year.

The last 6 months have had no innovative mods. (A difficulty edit and a potion mod are the most complex)
Mostly because the code is so shoddy modders know the next patch will break everything and they will have to start again.

They moan and complain, some try to poke the code and it all inevitably fails.
Creating custom encounters, custom rooms, and custom dialogue requires indepth knowledge of the entire codebase because of how spaghettified it is.

qwsaq

Feb 2, 2020
Aw shit. I just realised this means the only way to get (most) mods is to join the Discord. Which. No. I don't even join discord servers for games that have developers that I like, I'm not starting now for Lilith's fuckin' Throne.

Ah well. Shit happens.

You haven't missed much. 99% is weapon/race/clothing.
None of the "skilled" modders have done anything in over a year.

The last 6 months have had no innovative mods. (A difficulty edit and a potion mod are the most complex)
Mostly because the code is so shoddy modders know the next patch will break everything and they will have to start again.

They moan and complain, some try to poke the code and it all inevitably fails.
Creating custom encounters, custom rooms, and custom dialogue requires indepth knowledge of the entire codebase because of how spaghettified it is.
Not to mention Inno has a habit of adding mod content to pad out her patch notes anyway.
If the mod's any good, it's gonna be in the next few updates anyway (granted, we all know that doesn't say much about how long it will take).

BobaTheOrc

Nov 21, 2018
It's so annoying to think that if she put just a fraction of what the community gave her into writing the code from the ground up and made the game easily moddable (or just paying someone to do it) this would be my favorite game ever. As it stands, it's a cautionary tale of what can happen when one person is in charge of a production.

Wolfe Verikuu

Mar 4, 2021
technically yes if you run it on a pc and use teamviewer or something like moonlight.
Also don't forget the android port is in "a few updates" as of 2016 via the blog :D. Fucking helll the dev needs to just officially abandon the game or someone needs the find a legal reason to take all the money they have ever made. At least then we might get an update every year

• Haha
Reactions: Arkus86

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
You know what I just noticed? Having 'Slovenly' and 'Bro' does not change 'bro' to 'bruv'.

It's so annoying to think that if she put just a fraction of what the community gave her into writing the code from the ground up and made the game easily moddable (or just paying someone to do it) this would be my favorite game ever. As it stands, it's a cautionary tale of what can happen when one person is in charge of a production.
I would have been willing to completely overlook the obscene radio silence if it was spent cleaning the code, even if she did not finish by the time she broke that silence. From the things said by the programmer-types in this thread, unfucking everything would have been a very reasonable excuse for not wanting to talk to anyone for a while at the least.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
Also don't forget the android port is in "a few updates" as of 2016 via the blog :D. Fucking helll the dev needs to just officially abandon the game or someone needs the find a legal reason to take all the money they have ever made. At least then we might get an update every year
for real tho I am kind of hoping an android port of this game never happens unless its set to be exclusive for tablet devices. Because the UI is already so cluttered it would be pretty much infinitely tiny. Nvm the horrible space requirements, and android permission bs, and modding hell, and its ability to eat battery power like candy.

FurrBat

May 8, 2019
for real tho I am kind of hoping an android port of this game never happens unless its set to be exclusive for tablet devices. Because the UI is already so cluttered it would be pretty much infinitely tiny. Nvm the horrible space requirements, and android permission bs, and modding hell, and its ability to eat battery power like candy.
Spawn enough children and watch the game heat up your phone more than genshin impact :V, correct me if im wrong but doesnt this game calculate the actions of your progeny each time you move or was it changed ?

Arkus86

Jun 3, 2018
Spawn enough children and watch the game heat up your phone more than genshin impact :V, correct me if im wrong but doesnt this game calculate the actions of your progeny each time you move or was it changed ?
Last I heard, if I'm not mistaken, the game kept track of every single NPC each turn, and changing that sounds like a major commitment.
A change that is likely to break more stuff than it fixes, and a commitment we cannot expect from Inno.

4.10 star(s) 117 Votes