Superperv13

Nov 6, 2017
My only issue is he should have made a waterfall or pond for bathing scene or drinking. Would have more fun cause dad peeks or daughter peeks. and no water they all die on day 3

Reactions: titit

beijing999

Nov 27, 2017
My only issue is he should have made a waterfall or pond for bathing scene or drinking. Would have more fun cause dad peeks or daughter peeks. and no water they all die on day 3
Pls keep us inform when you planning the next update, of this fantastic start.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Does anyone else get when trying to save?
While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
AttributeError: 'renpy.styledata.styleclass.Style' object has no attribute 'xspacing'

what is the xspacing and any idea on how I fix this issue?

Jan 1, 2018
Even if it is there in the beginning, with a fairly novel idea for a setting or plot, most of the time the devs start improvising and making stuff up as they go pretty quickly. You can see they are mostly not story tellers who (if they know their trade) design a rough plot all the way to the end before they even start fleshing things out.
I see this as a consequence of the Patreon scheme. There are fewer and fewer developers on Patreon who are choosing to do boundaried stories, because you can simply make more money with episodes. Even the developers who have an overall story arc in mind, because of the demands of the patrons, will have to release content, not just regularly, but SEQUENTIALLY. If you were making a game that was already fully funded, you could work on scenes from various points in the storyline as it made sense because of commonalities in design and/or whatever you're inspired to do on that day. Movies are rarely filmed in chronological order for that reason. Then you put all the pieces together, more-or-less in the way you'd originally planned, at the end of the process. Patreon patrons are simply not patient enough for that, so the developers either don't even try to map out a story, or if they do, they need to improvise content some of the time, just to keep to the release schedule the patrons are expecting.

Anyway, that's my take on it. I have already promised myself that I will not start my project until I've got a very detailed flowchart, probably the vast majority of the script done, and at least half of the assets ready... and then I know I'll keep an open mind to improvements as I go. I'm not independently wealthy (not even close), but if I was already planning to avoid Patreon for the reasons given above, their recent crackdown on adult content has only solidified that decision.

beijing999

Nov 27, 2017
I see this as a consequence of the Patreon scheme. There are fewer and fewer developers on Patreon who are choosing to do boundaried stories, because you can simply make more money with episodes. Even the developers who have an overall story arc in mind, because of the demands of the patrons, will have to release content, not just regularly, but SEQUENTIALLY. If you were making a game that was already fully funded, you could work on scenes from various points in the storyline as it made sense because of commonalities in design and/or whatever you're inspired to do on that day. Movies are rarely filmed in chronological order for that reason. Then you put all the pieces together, more-or-less in the way you'd originally planned, at the end of the process. Patreon patrons are simply not patient enough for that, so the developers either don't even try to map out a story, or if they do, they need to improvise content some of the time, just to keep to the release schedule the patrons are expecting.

Anyway, that's my take on it. I have already promised myself that I will not start my project until I've got a very detailed flowchart, probably the vast majority of the script done, and at least half of the assets ready... and then I know I'll keep an open mind to improvements as I go. I'm not independently wealthy (not even close), but if I was already planning to avoid Patreon for the reasons given above, their recent crackdown on adult content has only solidified that decision.
Patreon making a very large "negative advertisement" and we keep the fucking soup warm on this site. It is done or it´s not done by Patreon. There can´t surprise me anymore even the make cartoons for kids with Donald "Tuck" and Micky& Mouse.

Londo_Mollari

Respected User
Donor
Sep 7, 2017
Someone should say dev that his v0.2 was here nearly 2 month before he released that version :coldsweat:
He seems to be a very nice guy, but gives his early versions to easy to others ^^

btw, news from him on Patreon:

tldr: next version = end of february
------------------------------------
Hi everyone,

Patreon started processing your pledges, so I will be sending individual PMs with the links to both PC and MAC versions of Lewd Island v0.2.

I'm thankful you're investing your hard earned money on this project and I hope I won't disappoint you. As mentioned before, all the money will be spent on assets for the game.

I'm still working on version 0.3 and the version will be released at the end of this month, depending in which tier you are.

If you find any bugs in the game, feel free to contact me.

Thank you very much and enjoy the game!

Londo_Mollari

Respected User
Donor
Sep 7, 2017
Nice words words from "Mollari " below. By the way one of many Assholes and gay´s working with Patreon.
We are lucky and don`t wait for Patreon "tiers" because we can download this already from another link the Patreon is already hacked over 1 year but fugure this out by your self. "Mollari" keep sleeping with Patreon maybe end this month Patreon already gone.
Hmm, it sound weird what you're writing ... maybe just lost in translation, but I have really no idea what you wanted to express oO

selvy

Dec 31, 2017
Hmm, it sound weird what you're writing ... maybe just lost in translation, but I have really no idea what you wanted to express oO
I do not understand it either, i think he quoted the wrong person.. thanks for the patreon post, so he mixed up the version numbers? Or maybe its the wrong number on the post here...

3.30 star(s) 118 Votes