• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later, because as much as I like the story, even though there can't be much to it since it's just everyday survival on a very small island, we all know what we're really here for; to see them getting to it, haha XD
I don't know about that. It looks to me that things are going to become much more interesting...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BTW, I find it funny how MC took 1.5 hours to walk around the island, while the island is obviously small enough to be checked in 10 minutes max.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I don't know about that. It looks to me that things are going to become much more interesting...

BTW, I find it funny how MC took 1.5 hours to walk around the island, while the island is obviously small enough to be checked in 10 minutes max.

Reactions: Kavishka dilshan

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
i have win7 and it work.
if i may suggest something. is you download the renpy engine. you instal it ( easy), then you copy the whole game folder inclued exe and all, let it into his folder, dont extract from folder, but extract from zip or else, into the renpy instal folder.
you should have your renpy folder and inside , this game and the "the question" ( its the renpy tutorial) in it.
then you launch the renpy engine by using the renpy exe and you select this game in the list and clic on "load project".
this should simply launch the game and allow you to play it. (should work with every version of game as last renpy is 7.0....something)

i not garantee that will fix the problem. but if it didnt work, then the problem is from the game and not your pc.
Ok so interesting results. So the latest version of renpy is 7.1.0. So just to make sure the game doesn't do something funky, I just started up the 7.1 renpy and got the same white screen on the application loader. So then you mentioned 7.0, I downloaded that. It came up in default mode. So I copied lewd Island day 6 into the 7.0 directory and it came up. So I'd say it's something in 7.1.0 Thanks for your help. I'd say there's something wrong in 7.1 renpy.

Reactions: Kavishka dilshan

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
I've said it before, sandbars would be bigger than that island. I really hope the dev does something to make this game more interesting. If they're really close to a shipping lane, perhaps one drifts close enough they can swim out and board it only to discover the crew either missing or dead. That'd really create an issue with the daughter's sanity.

Uwe Furtmustal

Mar 16, 2018
Can I just ask? I finished Day 4 and then I put it on (my) hold ... and there were nmore versions ... Day 5, Sanity 2 and Day 6 morning now ... so what actually means the Sanity 2? I do not understand, and after reading the Change log, I'm still confused ... so Sanity 2 version is contiunation of Day 5 Part 2 and Day 6 Morning is continuation of Sanity 2 or what? Or Sanity 2 is something different? Thanks in advance for explaining ...

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Ok so interesting results. So the latest version of renpy is 7.1.0. So just to make sure the game doesn't do something funky, I just started up the 7.1 renpy and got the same white screen on the application loader. So then you mentioned 7.0, I downloaded that. It came up in default mode. So I copied lewd Island day 6 into the 7.0 directory and it came up. So I'd say it's something in 7.1.0 Thanks for your help. I'd say there's something wrong in 7.1 renpy.
normally if the game have a "about" or else you can see the version of renpy it have been builded with in little in one of the corner.
its also mentionned everytime you got an error at the very end of the error log.
most of peoples use 6.9 or 7.0 . the 7.1 is just a small update that didnt really affect most of game devlopers.

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
normally if the game have a "about" or else you can see the version of renpy it have been builded with in little in one of the corner.
its also mentionned everytime you got an error at the very end of the error log.
most of peoples use 6.9 or 7.0 . the 7.1 is just a small update that didnt really affect most of game devlopers.
Well this game must have 7.1 in it, because the failure is the same (using the default and using the 7.1 developer environment). But it is clear that 7.0 works and 7.1 fails. Now logically this means that either there is a problem in 7.1 or 7.1 added something that doesn't work on my system. It also indicates that it's not a bug in the game, but a issue with the renpy tool. But since all screens are white out, It would be impossible to gather any data.

=============== update =====================
So since then I've had 7.0 renpy games have the white screen. But they all work under the 7.0 dev environment. No idea why.

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
Thankyo are you know rpgm game? Couple mpnths ago i play them no problem now i only have white screen why what missing i need some app to run this game ? I have best graphic card
So I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. But if you are asking about this game (Lewd Island) it's a renpy game. I had exactly the same problem (white out screen) and user macadam had a suggestion that fixed my problem, it's on the previous page (65 for me). Basically you get the renpy engine at the 7.0.0 version and follow his instructions and you can override the faulty (for me) renpy engine in the game. If that's not what you're asking, then my advice probably won't help you. :)

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018
So I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. But if you are asking about this game (Lewd Island) it's a renpy game. I had exactly the same problem (white out screen) and user macadam had a suggestion that fixed my problem, it's on the previous page (65 for me). Basically you get the renpy engine at the 7.0.0 version and follow his instructions and you can override the faulty (for me) renpy engine in the game. If that's not what you're asking, then my advice probably won't help you. :)
Thank you

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
It runs fine on this Win 7 Home Premium machine. 12 gig of ram and a so-so video card.
Hmm, well I have a Intel 2 core machine that has 4gig 64bit sp1. So interesting. How much memory in your graphics (onboard or separate GPU)? BUt thanks for the reply.
2 gig on the video card. CPU is a Core i3. 64 bit Win 7 sp1
It's Ren'Py, so the capabilities of your GPU aren't that important. It's quite enough if it can play FullHD videos.
RAM size isn't important, either, because Ren'Py has no memory management problems and as a typical 32-bit application it can't handle more than 2GB, anyway. So anything beyond 3GB of RAM is more than enough.

If you have problems running a Ren'Py game while other players do not, then the more likely problem could be your antivirus. A handful of them keep false-identifying Ren'Py executables as trojans, trojan downloaders or some other malware and often remove or block them without telling you anything about it.
AV's log files may give you a hint about what's going on.

Macadam's suggestion to install Ren'Py SDK and run games on it could also be a way around AV problems, because in that case you don't need the executable included in the game package that your AV may be suspicious about.

Also, try to update or reinstall your graphic card drivers. You don't need a beefy card to run the game, but is has to be in working order.

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
It's Ren'Py, so the capabilities of your GPU aren't that important. It's quite enough if it can play FullHD videos.
RAM size isn't important, either, because Ren'Py has no memory management problems and as a typical 32-bit application it can't handle more than 2GB, anyway. So anything beyond 3GB of RAM is more than enough.

If you have problems running a Ren'Py game while other players do not, then the more likely problem could be your antivirus. A handful of them keep false-identifying Ren'Py executables as trojans, trojan downloaders or some other malware and often remove or block them without telling you anything about it.
AV's log files may give you a hint about what's going on.

Macadam's suggestion to install Ren'Py SDK and run games on it could also be a way around AV problems, because in that case you don't need the executable included in the game package that your AV may be suspicious about.

Also, try to update or reinstall your graphic card drivers. You don't need a beefy card to run the game, but is has to be in working order.
Hey thanks to replying. Don't think it's AV, since the EXE isn't removed from the game folder. Also renpy 7.1 behaves the same as lewd island by itself (the game selection screen is whited out). Also the game works in a manner of speaking (the window comes up and the lewd island surf sounds play, it's just the window is just white (no text no images nothing, just a white window). But macadams approach allows me to run the game under rnepy 7.0 and everything works. But thanks for replying (again).

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
Why is the Skip button disabled? What's the advantage of that? Just makes me not want to replay
Just get UnRen.bat and you can enable Console, Skipping, and pretty much anything else you want. Why do developers disable these feature, no idea it just irritates the people that don't know how to disable it, ort aren't brave enough to ask.

3.30 star(s) 119 Votes