• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
I like Futaba but I agree her story is feels like it's slowing down. Shes fine with accepting Sensei's advances but shes not assertive or selfish enough to fight other girls for him. So she acts like part of the supporting cast who is there to catch strays and react to whatever nonsense everyone else is up to.

I bet she'll eventually find some more spotlight in the future. I'm still rooting for a Futaba Yumi friendship even if it still feels unlikely even after Yumi apologized.

• Hey there
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I mean, if you look at Sel's commentary for Futaba it's pretty funny. He couldn't figure out a way for Futaba to realistically get over her body image problems, so he just gave up (since Sensei had sex with her). Which is why there hasn't been much going on with her character development.
this makes a lot of sense to me. I hope she gets some arc, as I'm not really buying into the passive-aggressive stuff as interesting. But to each their own, cause I wish I was.

I like Futaba but I agree her story is feels like it's slowing down. Shes fine with accepting Sensei's advances but shes not assertive or selfish enough to fight other girls for him. So she acts like part of the supporting cast who is there to catch strays and react to whatever nonsense everyone else is up to.

I bet she'll eventually find some more spotlight in the future. I'm still rooting for a Futaba Yumi friendship even if it still feels unlikely even after Yumi apologized.
I feel like if Yumi finally hooks up with Akira, and it is revealed that her deal with Futaba was indeed jealousy, then that might be an in for an actual apology and friendship. Otherwise, I think the underlying problem still persists, we haven't uncovered why she picked on her in the first place.

I seem to be in the minority, but I actually kind of like current passive aggressive Futaba. She's getting to the point where she's just done with the drama.

Her current dynamic with Nodoka, Otoha, and Rin, is also kind of interesting. Then there's her "new favorite teacher":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's the one interesting part of her nowadays to me, as I found that scene even touching to some degree.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Maki's Husband would disagree.
Haruka's Husband would agree.
Sekai and Nozomu would disagree.
My mental health would absolutely disagree.
Maki's Husband was not in Kumon-Mi
Haruka's Husband is still alive (theoretically), but also not in Kumon-Mi
Sekai and Nozomu died before the divine fuckery kicked off, and are thus not applicable to the present state of affairs

Further -- Maki's husband may or may not be dead. Whether he is or not is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things -- what is important is that Maki and Makoto are led to believe he is dead by a robocall (red flag #1) that also told them to "remember to smile" (red flags 2-infinity). The call itself is divine fuckery, which leaves open the very real possibility that he's still very much alive and boning the triple-breatest whore from Eroticon V as we speak. There's a third possibility that is far more likely -- that the time loop has been going on for so long that both husbands died LOOOOONG ago. But again, they died OUTSIDE of Kumon-Mi.

Want verifiable proof of my statement? Bluejay. Or the fact that Makoto has admitted to REPEATEDLY trying to self-delete to no avail. People inside the Divine Fuckery Bubble that Kumon-Mi is today cannot die. The closest we get is Tsuneyo's old man, whom we are led to believe dies -- about five seconds before a reset starts.

Incidentally, he's alive again.

There is no death in Kumon-Mi.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
What the heck is a care package and how do I get access to these? o_O

Wait - I can probably search the thread on this huh heh
My suggestion is this: make a copy of your entire game folder. Install the care packages into that one, take a look at all of them, then just delete the whole thing. It's not really worth keeping, more of a curiosity thing, and it doesn't get updates anymore anyway.

Backing up saves in a different folder is just a good idea before every update of the base game though.

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
I feel like if Yumi finally hooks up with Akira, and it is revealed that her deal with Futaba was indeed jealousy, then that might be an in for an actual apology and friendship. Otherwise, I think the underlying problem still persists, we haven't uncovered why she picked on her in the first place.
I guess there could be a reason but I don't think bullying is usually that complicated. Someone is vulnerable and bringing them down make you feel better about yourself.

Reactions: TBone9

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I guess there could be a reason but I don't think bullying is usually that complicated. Someone is vulnerable and bringing them down make you feel better about yourself.
I don't know, I feel like it was very specific and Yumi was barely at school to begin with. Then again, she was bad to everyone so what do I know. We do know that what sets her off is seeing Akira with Makoto though, so maybe at some point the Futaba thing started the same way.

Maybe she was pissed off at everyone that threw themselves at Akira, but had to recognize that people like Makoto had things she didn't have, like being smart, and thought that Futaba was inferior to her and that's why she attacked - since it would be offensive to her that someone inferior to her would be getting close to Akira instead of her.

There's really not enough to support that, but headcanon time maybe.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Maki's Husband was not in Kumon-Mi
Haruka's Husband is still alive (theoretically), but also not in Kumon-Mi
Sekai and Nozomu died before the divine fuckery kicked off, and are thus not applicable to the present state of affairs

Further -- Maki's husband may or may not be dead. Whether he is or not is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things -- what is important is that Maki and Makoto are led to believe he is dead by a robocall (red flag #1) that also told them to "remember to smile" (red flags 2-infinity). The call itself is divine fuckery, which leaves open the very real possibility that he's still very much alive and boning the triple-breatest whore from Eroticon V as we speak. There's a third possibility that is far more likely -- that the time loop has been going on for so long that both husbands died LOOOOONG ago. But again, they died OUTSIDE of Kumon-Mi.

Want verifiable proof of my statement? Bluejay. Or the fact that Makoto has admitted to REPEATEDLY trying to self-delete to no avail. People inside the Divine Fuckery Bubble that Kumon-Mi is today cannot die. The closest we get is Tsuneyo's old man, whom we are led to believe dies -- about five seconds before a reset starts.

Incidentally, he's alive again.

There is no death in Kumon-Mi.
Except for Ayane's energy draining, immortal, adopted chicken son:
And those Janitors that Ayane manslaughtered:

Wait...does everyone around Ayane end up dead?...

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I don't know, I feel like it was very specific and Yumi was barely at school to begin with. Then again, she was bad to everyone so what do I know. We do know that what sets her off is seeing Akira with Makoto though, so maybe at some point the Futaba thing started the same way.

Maybe she was pissed off at everyone that threw themselves at Akira, but had to recognize that people like Makoto had things she didn't have, like being smart, and thought that Futaba was inferior to her and that's why she attacked - since it would be offensive to her that someone inferior to her would be getting close to Akira instead of her.

There's really not enough to support that, but headcanon time maybe.
Yumi seemed to be offended that Sensei might even possibly find Futaba attractive:
And she sexually harassed Futaba:

It also seems that this all started pre resets where Futaba was bonding with Sensei over literature and Yumi was getting detentions for presumably bullying her.

So, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if the malnourished bully was jealous of Futaba.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Except for Ayane's energy draining, immortal, adopted chicken son:
And those Janitors that Ayane manslaughtered:

Wait...does everyone around Ayane end up dead?...
Maybe Himawari is sacrificing people around her to keep her shields up or something.

In hindsight, that would be a very hard turn from the whole "Ami won't hurt you", and more that "even if Ami tries, I've made preparations for that event by boosting your shields via sacrificial chicken" lol.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Yumi seemed to be offended that Sensei might even possibly find Futaba attractive:
And she sexually harassed Futaba:

It also seems that this all started pre resets where Futaba was bonding with Sensei over literature and Yumi was getting detentions for presumably bullying her.

So, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if the malnourished bully was jealous of Futaba.
that would make it more interesting imo too, also forgot about the towel scene, it makes nodoka's over the line punishment a little less over the line (it's been reduced by about 10 meters but still over by about 3 kilometers).

Bizarre headcanon: There's probably also an universe where Yamo Yumi thought "I bully Futaba, I get thrown into detention with the guy I like, I steal him back from her, profit" - who knows?

EDIT: random idea, but what if the "creepy detentions" where Akira just stared at Yumi was actually him blacking out on her before the resets?

since it's been confirmed that was a thing that happened before resets anyway, and it would explain how it was creepy without being sexual. And since he seems to blackout on Yumi with frequency anyway.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Maybe Himawari is sacrificing people around her to keep her shields up or something.

In hindsight, that would be a very hard turn from the whole "Ami won't hurt you", and more that "even if Ami tries, I've made preparations for that event by boosting your shields via sacrificial chicken" lol.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Shapeshifter/Himawari is skewing the odds in Ayane's favor. She got Sensei to give Maya that scarf which changed basically everything in this timeline, and eventually led to Ayane replacing her.

Might even be the reason Pareidolia and Ayane are relevant, and why Pareidolia's and Sensei's blackouts tend to happen when Ayane isn't around, as Sensei recently pointed out:

The Shapeshifter/Himawari probably requires Ayane to be safe and sound, or her own future is in danger, considering that Sensei even knowing her name is apparently dangerous to her. Her existence seems fragile.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
that would make it more interesting imo too, also forgot about the towel scene, it makes nodoka's over the line punishment a little less over the line.

It's been reduced by about 10 meters but still over by about 3 kilometers.

There's probably also an universe where Yumi (Yamo) thought "I bully Futaba, I get thrown into detention with the guy I like, I steal him back from her, profit" - who knows?

EDIT: random idea, but what if the "creepy detentions" where Akira just stared at Yumi was actually him blacking out on her before the resets?

since it's been confirmed that was a thing thay happened before resets anyway, and it would explain how it was creepy without being sexual. And since he seems to blackout on Yumi with frequency anyway.
Nodoka was likely trying to give Yumi a taste of her own medicine. Bullying the bully.

It makes me wonder if Nodoka was aware Yumi threatened to kill Futaba, though:

Also, there doesn't really seem to be a reason Yumi even bothered going to detentions considering how much she skipped school. Besides to see Sensei, I'd guess.

As for Sensei blacking out during the detentions? Maybe. I still think he saw Niki in Yumi, and had suppressed his memories, making Yumi indirectly one of the few connections to his past that Maya wouldn't be aware of. However, that's merely a theory.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Nodoka was likely trying to give Yumi a taste of her own medicine. Bullying the bully.

It makes me wonder if Nodoka was aware Yumi threatened to kill Futaba, though:

Also, there doesn't really seem to be a reason Yumi even bothered going to detentions considering how much she skipped school. Besides to see Sensei, I'd guess.

As for Sensei blacking out during the detentions? Maybe. I still think he saw Niki in Yumi, and had suppressed his memories, making Yumi indirectly one of the few connections to his past that Maya wouldn't be aware of. However, that's merely a theory.
Yumi going to school just to see Akira in detention somewhat draws her even closer to one of my favorites. I'm always debating if I really like her or that i just find her hot, cause she did do a lot of fucked up shit in her bullying (I'll probably reach a conclusion during a replay).

How is it that he saw Niki in Yumi though? I would think that he saw himself instead, since she comes from a broken family where no once cares about her.

If he saw Niki in her, I'd expect that Maya would be at least aware of her existence before the resets but that doesn't seem to be the case. Actually, from their first conversation, it's like Yumi is even doubtful of where Maya came from. Add Pareidolia knowing Yumi by a different name and her having keys to the roof, and maybe there's something there.

Also, since we touched on Maya, new Maya recently said that she has no home but has been with Akira for years. We know she came from somewhere, haven't really talked to him about it either, and ended up living in his rented out tutoring place. So what happened since? He kept renting the place just for her and only stopped when school started?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
Ugh. Nodoka kills any scene she's in lately - hard to even focus reading her nonsense. Nevermind having Sekai pop up like "OO I LIKE HER" is like yeah you're not helping lady.

Edit: Ok I'm gonna write Selebus a salty, malding comment (in my mind) about how the fuck are we dicking Weird Ass Genius girl but poor sweet Noriko is still being cucked by story pacing and Ami.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Yumi going to school just to see Akira in detention somewhat draws her even closer to one of my favorites. I'm always debating if I really like her or that i just find her hot, cause she did do a lot of fucked up shit in her bullying (I'll probably reach a conclusion during a replay).

How is it that he saw Niki in Yumi though? I would think that he saw himself instead, since she comes from a broken family where no once cares about her.

If he saw Niki in her, I'd expect that Maya would be at least aware of her existence before the resets but that doesn't seem to be the case. Actually, from their first conversation, it's like Yumi is even doubtful of where Maya came from. Add Pareidolia knowing Yumi by a different name and her having keys to the roof, and maybe there's something there.

Also, since we touched on Maya, new Maya recently said that she has no home but has been with Akira for years. We know she came from somewhere, haven't really talked to him about it either, and ended up living in his rented out tutoring place. So what happened since? He kept renting the place just for her and only stopped when school started?
I can see why others may like Yumi, but she's far too cliché for my taste. Even Otoha has became more interesting lately. Hopefully she'll get involved in the resets again soon.

Sensei tends to compare Yumi and Niki to eachother:
Yumi is kind of like a delinquent Niki with black hair, but it's probably the Tsundereness that makes them similar to him.

Btw, Yumi can go back to her estate and be the Yakuza princess with bodyguards etc, whenever. Her mom ditched her, but Yumi just seems to ditch her father until she needs something.

Maya and Sensei also seemed to refuse to talk about Niki, so I doubt it'd come up if Sensei actually remembered who Yumi reminded him of.

As for Maya, presumably, she had an apartment, after leaving where Sensei tutored, with him, until she moved into the dorms. She does seem to have a weekend job and some savings, so I doubt she was just living at the shrine, albeit, it's hinted at that she may have crashed at net cafes before meeting Sensei. I doubt Ami, pre resets, would have just let Maya sleep on the streets though, considering she's asked Sensei if Maya could move in just to save money:

Where Sensei tutored also seems to have become a storefront during the resets, as the city still changed during them:

New Maya's apartment may not be hers anymore considering the resets, and how she has the dorms, which is probably the only home she has.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Squalicorax

Jun 1, 2023
Wait, another thing for my awakened Ami theory I've never thought of before: the first reset.

After the first reset everything plays out exactly like the start of the game right? But we get confirmation immediately after that Ami remembers stuff from before the reset when she recalls the Slope Intercept Form event. The easiest answer is obvious selective memory tampering like what happens with all the other girls, but it does still seem a little odd for Ami to roll with the punches so easily and casually.

She accepts the amnesia thing so easily both times, and during the second time pretty easily accepts that Akira just needed a bit to recover. But I'm almost certain she at a later time references him losing all his memories, implying she does indeed remember the first time it happened.
It certainly seems like she could be doing the thing Maya does where she's just done this so many times she can just follow a script effortlessly.

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes