• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So I am playing catch up from years ago. I remember loving this game doing all the decoding by hand, all the freaking amazing lore, and just speculating on just about everything. I stopped around slightly after Yasu was introduced. I am reaching the point where I fell off before and I happen to recall and am experiencing again a severe lack of Maya, as she is my favorite and objectively best and most interesting character. I look at the new hints mod and see she still only has 20 scenes 12 of them I have reached at this point. I understand her underutilization due to her ties to the main plot and point being made that you are now supposed to get more info out of Noriko and Niki, but come on... Futaba has fucking 27 fucking events by comparison...

I reach out to my fellow Maya fans, will I be eating good soon, or should I brace for disappointment due to lack of content?

It's also really weird to me that there are 6 chapters but I am more than halfway through all the scenes. Are the locked chapters not done or are following chapters just filled a lot less? OR is it because I am sort of min maxing with hints and the game expected me to waste time? I guess I should also not the mod seems to only be up to date to the LAST patch, not the newest.

Fuck I missed this game. Its one of the few games I ever threw money at.
There is supposedly going to be 10 Chapters in total, It's currently on Chapter 4, and if you're currently on Chapter 2 (when Yasu and the Nakayamas are introduced), I think it's fair to say you'll be getting more Maya content rather soon. The game still has a long way to go.

Maya should have around 26 personal Events so far, though. I definitely wouldn't consider her underutilized. Not sure why the mod is missing 6. Futaba should have around 34, now, as well.

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
There is supposedly going to be 10 Chapters in total, It's currently on Chapter 4, and if you're currently on Chapter 2 (when Yasu and the Nakayamas are introduced), I think it's fair to say you'll be getting more Maya content rather soon. The game still has a long way to go.

Maya should have around 26 personal Events so far, though. I definitely wouldn't consider her underutilized. Not sure why the mod is missing 6. Futaba should have around 34, now, as well.
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I probably shouldn't say underutilized. Gives it a bad taste. What I mean was, and I could be 100% wrong with this as the lore to this game is deeper than a dead wire god, but I would assume Maya content would be intentionally the most spaced out or sparse due to it intertwining heavily with the main plotline.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
How did she survive?!
She also survives in one of the care-packages where she becomes a businesswoman that complains about how Akira doesn't bone her more frequently behind his wife's (Chika) back. Then goes on to bone him while talking to Chika on the cellphone.

Also not canon. But if it's any indication, she might have an equal if not greater sex drive than Chika.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I probably shouldn't say underutilized. Gives it a bad taste. What I mean was, and I could be 100% wrong with this as the lore to this game is deeper than a dead wire god, but I would assume Maya content would be intentionally the most spaced out or sparse due to it intertwining heavily with the main plotline.
There are answers to that in the current build. But I would agree that it seems odd that Sensei doesn't talk to her WAY more in the first chapters given that she seems to hold all the answers to his situation by that point.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Why do you continue doing this...
I already have to deal with Futaba taking most of the events...
Lol, that was the last one, i promise, i just knew you'd open the spoiler thinkin i was answering your question and then BAM, more Sana lewd... i may be a bit of a troll sometimes but your reaction to the first one is what put you in my crosshairs so i think we should just call this one a bit of fun and done. :BootyTime:

Reactions: FireCazador

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Why do you continue doing this...
I already have to deal with Futaba taking most of the events...
Man, speaking of Futaba - I don't know if it was always like this and I never noticed, or it is something that only became so in current chapters, but my god she became so boring of a character to me.

It seemed like she had somewhat of an arc dealing with her body in the beginning and went to the gym and stuff, and then she just became, at most, a reason for more interesting stuff to happen (with nodoka mostly, but one scene with Imani too).

I guess it's understandable since we have to develop stuff with the second floor girls, but first floor has a lot happening still, idk...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I definitely recommend playing and finding out, as I wouldn't want to spoil anything (which I probably will if you read most of my posts).

There's a lot of plots and a lot of lore at this point. It's gotten quite crowded, but every character seems to have their place in one way or another. Maya's is definitely still one of the more interesting ones, in my opinion, though.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Man, speaking of Futaba - I don't know if it was always like this and I never noticed, or it is something that only became so in current chapters, but my god she became so boring of a character to me.

It seemed like she had somewhat of an arc dealing with her body in the beginning and went to the gym and stuff, and then she just became, at most, a reason for more interesting stuff to happen (with nodoka mostly, but one scene with Imani too).

I guess it's understandable since we have to develop stuff with the second floor girls, but first floor has a lot happening still, idk...
I agree, I never liked Futaba from the beginning, but she somehow got even more boring...

Anyways, will Rin be breaking up with Otoha?
1715197214382.png

Reactions: Moonflare

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
She also survives in one of the care-packages where she becomes a businesswoman that complains about how Akira doesn't bone her more frequently behind his wife's (Chika) back. Then goes on to bone him while talking to Chika on the cellphone.

Also not canon. But if it's any indication, she might have an equal if not greater sex drive than Chika.
What the heck is a care package and how do I get access to these? o_O

Wait - I can probably search the thread on this huh heh

Aug 20, 2021
What the heck is a care package and how do I get access to these? o_O

Wait - I can probably search the thread on this huh heh
Be careful on installing Care Packages to your game. There’s a nasty DRM that will wipe all your save files including your script unless you apply the patched gui.rpy from the OP. (You have to keep doing this for every update too.)

Just a friendly heads up. There are lots of people on here who fall into that trap. Losing your saves is annoying. It’s always good to keep a backup of them just in case.

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018

I agree. I wanted to say something when you said she now has 34... the bland fat girl has 34 vs the fucking universe resetting technically countless year old time lord has 26... I may be waifu biased, but god damn.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022

I mean, if you look at Sel's commentary for Futaba it's pretty funny. He couldn't figure out a way for Futaba to realistically get over her body image problems, so he just gave up (since Sensei had sex with her). Which is why there hasn't been much going on with her character development.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Also I can't believe I actually finished this game...
It felt.. so long, I came home from work and played it... for months.
Now... it's finished...
My evening ritual... is no more...
Send support fellas

JustADude321

Feb 23, 2018
Also I can't believe I actually finished this game...
It felt.. so long, I came home from work and played it... for months.
Now... it's finished...
My evening ritual... is no more...
Send support fellas
It's Last Sovereign time, only game I know that is as long as this.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I seem to be in the minority, but I actually kind of like current passive aggressive Futaba. She's getting to the point where she's just done with the drama.

"Oh no. Stop. Don't do it." - almost one complete sentence later - "Okay! Have Fun!":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Even Sana can't escape her passive aggressive wrath:

Her current dynamic with Nodoka, Otoha, and Rin, is also kind of interesting. Then there's her "new favorite teacher":

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I definitely recommend playing and finding out, as I wouldn't want to spoil anything (which I probably will if you read most of my posts).

There's a lot of plots and a lot of lore at this point. It's gotten quite crowded, but every character seems to have their place in one way or another. Maya's is definitely still one of the more interesting ones, in my opinion, though.
This gives me the chance to draw some parallels between Maya's first event and their meeting in recent chapters.

Lots of emotions, especially when she says the leave part, but that's why I love them.

Also, bonus round, and my guess as to why you guys say that Ami remembers resets?

And to finish it off on a bright (?) note:

And he did. Hindsight is a bitch.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 292 Votes