Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Cece struggles with her issues, sure. but, for me, she still carries everyone else on top of her own struggles and issues.
that's why I think she is stronger. and she only let herself back on the "fragile" side once she "fixed" everyone
I hear what you are saying, but I am not sure that is purely strength that Cece is relying on there. I don't believe she ever REALLY wanted to do what she does, she was looking for an escape. "FIXING" the MC gave her a type of escape she could focus on instead of fixating on her own issues so much. Then, when it stopped being the distraction because he "was fixed" she began looking for that escape again.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that she doesn't have strength, but I think we see her strength most after chapter 6, especially when she makes the hard choice to get help. That is her strongest moment. It's not what she does for everyone else that shows her strength, that just shows her kindness. Strength is shown when she stops focusing on everyone else and faces her issues head on.
I know that I post a lot about how much I love Lexi, but that doesn't mean that I don't love and admire Cece as well.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I hear what you are saying, but I am not sure that is purely strength that Cece is relying on there. I don't believe she ever REALLY wanted to do what she does, she was looking for an escape. "FIXING" the MC gave her a type of escape she could focus on instead of fixating on her own issues so much. Then, when it stopped being the distraction because he "was fixed" she began looking for that escape again.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that she doesn't have strength, but I think we see her strength most after chapter 6, especially when she makes the hard choice to get help. That is her strongest moment. It's not what she does for everyone else that shows her strength, that just shows her kindness. Strength is shown when she stops focusing on everyone else and faces her issues head on.
I know that I post a lot about how much I love Lexi, but that doesn't mean that I don't love and admire Cece as well.
insightful opinion here, thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to write it.
Lexi is amazing! after completing her route once, it's incredibly hard to choose another LI in ep4 :D

Scaveger44

Apr 23, 2018
Yes, that sounds about right to me as well.
Cece is a person who is very kind and gives a lot of her own to help others.
I think she simply puts the needs of others above her own needs.
But if everything seemed solved, she came back to her own needs and plans.
It feels like she is trying to suppress her feelings and do something else instead of facing her problems.

insightful opinion here, thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to write it.
Lexi is amazing! after completing her route once, it's incredibly hard to choose another LI in ep4 :D
Yeah, even though I haven’t ended the game yet, I can believe that it will be really hard for me to leave Lexi behind. She just seems so vulnerable and lonely. And I somehow really like her. ^^

I can't bring myself to finish the game yet; it’s just too sad that it's already over. :(

Reactions: HiP1

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Yes, that sounds about right to me as well.
Cece is a person who is very kind and gives a lot of her own to help others.
I think she simply puts the needs of others above her own needs.
But if everything seemed solved, she came back to her own needs and plans.
It feels like she is trying to suppress her feelings and do something else instead of facing her problems.

Yeah, even though I haven’t ended the game yet, I can believe that it will be really hard for me to leave Lexi behind. She just seems so vulnerable and lonely. And I somehow really like her. ^^

I can't bring myself to finish the game yet; it’s just too sad that it's already over. :(
Welcome to the family, brother ! :D
Lexi has quite a few guest appearances in other VNs if you like her :)
and in Intertwined, Alexis demands that MC calls her "Lexi" on her route, it threw me off for a while.

Reactions: txe320 and Grif1001

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

Yeah, BUT... Lexi has multiple endings and all the other girls have at least one ending, and Honestly they are all deserving of atleast one play-through, so yeah, you are at one ending, but there's still so much left to discover!

Reactions: txe320

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I played Cece's path (which I am confident is the true heroine of the game) a while ago.

Is Lexi path heartbreaking? I am craving some despair.

• Hey there
Reactions: Kpyna and Elhemeer

txe320

Dec 4, 2023
I played Cece's path (which I am confident is the true heroine of the game) a while ago.

Not really, you've pretty much seen everything already, I mean, all other paths are pretty wholesome.

And it's just my take here, but for me, both Steph and Cece's path feels a little more "canon" if I can say. But all the path a really good and I enjoy all of theme. Linda's path is really fun because some of her dialogue changes if you are on her path and I think she got really funny lines tho.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Not really, you've pretty much seen everything already, I mean, all other paths are pretty wholesome.

And it's just my take here, but for me, both Steph and Cece's path feels a little more "canon" if I can say. But all the path a really good and I enjoy all of theme. Linda's path is really fun because some of her dialogue changes if you are on her path and I think she got really funny lines tho.
Meh ... I don't think any one path is more canon than the other. I do think Cece and Lexi are the "primary" paths -- by that I mean they're the paths the dev expects to be played the most.

That said, I think Cece's path may be a bit of wish fulfilment on the dev's part, while Lexi's paths kinda feel like fantasy fulfilment (whether of the dev or just in general I don't know) on multiple levels (That said, we know Holly becoming an LI was a late development due to demand. But her solo path, while the most painful in some ways, is one of the more poignant to me).

That said, I definitely think Linda's path has as much agency (no pun intended) as Steph's path, and the triumvirate of Kira/Robin paths -- while they do feel tertiary to the other paths -- have their own messages to send.

Also, there are multiple Leap of Faith cameos out there which acknowledge different girls as canon, basically proving there is no one canon path.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022

It becomes heartbreaking if you bring Holly in a 3-way relationship with Lexi and then decide to be only with Holly and dump Lexi at the end. To add drama you can set up Chris with Robin and break Kira & Robin relationship as well (or tell Kira that you're not ok with 3-way relationship at the beginning of the game AND not set up Chris with Robin or everybody else - then they will break up and stay single - even worse). 2-3 sneaky bastardish moves in one playthrough. If it's still not enough, you can also left Steph unforgiven and not invite her to the Lexi's place to add more on the top of this pile of shit and Linda also stays single then. Probably the worst ending you can achieve. While the Cece path on the contrary allows you to make everyone happy if you want to (Lexi + Holly, Kira + Robin, Linda + Chris, Steph is happy to back to her work and be forgiven, MC + Cece and she doesn't left, all girls stays in touch and remains good friends).

• Wow
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Elhemeer and TGafy

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
... the Cece path on the contrary allows you to make everyone happy if you want to (Lexi + Holly, Kira + Robin, Linda + Chris, Steph is happy to back to her work and be forgiven, MC + Cece and she doesn't left, all girls stays in touch and remains good friends).
I like a happy ending (or an unexpected one where hardly anybody survives e.g. No One Lives, 2012.
Doesn't matter how many times I play through this one, I always get distracted by Cece or Lexi...

txe320

Dec 4, 2023
Meh ... I don't think any one path is more canon than the other. I do think Cece and Lexi are the "primary" paths -- by that I mean they're the paths the dev expects to be played the most.

That said, I think Cece's path may be a bit of wish fulfilment on the dev's part, while Lexi's paths kinda feel like fantasy fulfilment (whether of the dev or just in general I don't know) on multiple levels (That said, we know Holly becoming an LI was a late development due to demand. But her solo path, while the most painful in some ways, is one of the more poignant to me).

That said, I definitely think Linda's path has as much agency (no pun intended) as Steph's path, and the triumvirate of Kira/Robin paths -- while they do feel tertiary to the other paths -- have their own messages to send.

Also, there are multiple Leap of Faith cameos out there which acknowledge different girls as canon, basically proving there is no one canon path.
I know what you mean, like I said it just for me, it's "feels" that way for me. I did the Steph's path first and even with the weird super spy thing, it just felt right if I can say.

But I think all paths are writing in a sense to not only send a message, like you said, but also to be wholesome and amazing in their own way.

For the cameos, I know I saw Lexi & Cece in Fog of War:D.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

Lexi's isn't, but Holly solo path is heartbreaking for Lexi...

Rhinochoc

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2023
One of the very first Visual Novels I played on Steam, and I realize now, replaying it today thanks to Sancho's mod, how poorly I had played it. It's a great way to rediscover the game with the best love paths!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
It becomes heartbreaking if you bring Holly in a 3-way relationship with Lexi and then decide to be only with Holly and dump Lexi at the end. To add drama you can set up Chris with Robin and break Kira & Robin relationship as well (or tell Kira that you're not ok with 3-way relationship at the beginning of the game AND not set up Chris with Robin or everybody else - then they will break up and stay single - even worse). 2-3 sneaky bastardish moves in one playthrough. If it's still not enough, you can also left Steph unforgiven and not invite her to the Lexi's place to add more on the top of this pile of shit and Linda also stays single then. Probably the worst ending you can achieve. While the Cece path on the contrary allows you to make everyone happy if you want to (Lexi + Holly, Kira + Robin, Linda + Chris, Steph is happy to back to her work and be forgiven, MC + Cece and she doesn't left, all girls stays in touch and remains good friends).
Okay, never did the screw Kira and Robin paths ... that explains the missing scenes.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I know what you mean, like I said it just for me, it's "feels" that way for me. I did the Steph's path first and even with the weird super spy thing, it just felt right if I can say.

But I think all paths are writing in a sense to not only send a message, like you said, but also to be wholesome and amazing in their own way.

For the cameos, I know I saw Lexi & Cece in Fog of War:D.
You haven't even scratched the surface ... Probably the most definitive (for their games) are:

For Lexi ending: Artemis (she has a couple of actual appearances, including more playing with the matching MCs) and Chasing Sunsets (the other side of the selfie and a newspaper clipping announcing the engagement)

and for Cece ending: Dreams of Reality (the full conversation with the lady outside the hospital)

Reactions: HiP1

txe320

Dec 4, 2023
You haven't even scratched the surface ... Probably the most definitive (for their games) are:

For Lexi ending: Artemis (she has a couple of actual appearances, including more playing with the matching MCs) and Chasing Sunsets (the other side of the selfie and a newspaper clipping announcing the engagement)

and for Cece ending: Dreams of Reality (the full conversation with the lady outside the hospital)
Ohhh, I actually played Chasing Sunsets, you're right, it slipped my mind!:ROFLMAO:

The two other games are now in my watchlist, I'll check to downloaded them tonight. Thanks!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Ohhh, I actually played Chasing Sunsets, you're right, it slipped my mind!:ROFLMAO:

The two other games are now in my watchlist, I'll check to downloaded them tonight. Thanks!
Artemis is Top Tier. The other one I'm still going to play eventually, but it was harder to get into.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Artemis is Top Tier. The other one I'm still going to play eventually, but it was harder to get into.
If you've not played the "other one" at all yet, then you're in better shape than me. I played it up to release 6 or 7, and then they changed the RenPy engine in the next release and borked saves for a bunch of people. With all the "achievements" in the VN, I had many different routes going, and now I'm at least two releases behind since I'm not ready to do a full replay of every route. I'm doing a couple of "Finales" that will keep me busy for at least a week or two and I'm debating whether I go back and do that one, or try one of the ones I haven't started yet that looks really good - there are many on the list, but two or three that stand out based on feedback I've seen from people I respect here.

Scaveger44

Apr 23, 2018
So, I finished my first playthrough…

The game is amazing, so much better than most other adult games, and certainly one of the best, if not the best, AVN I have played so far. It’s not because of the lewd content but because of this heartbreaking, beautiful story. The story feels quite realistic as well. So there is no violence or rape included, as well as no harem ending like in so many other AVNs. It is just pretty straight-forward romance, and I kind of like that very much.

As mentioned earlier, I went with Alexandra for my first run, and I haven’t regretted this decision. Of course, it might not be realistic for a “normal” guy and a pop star to fall in love, but it works in movies like “Notting Hill” too. And I can’t say anything against a bit of fantasy in a novel.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now there is just one question: where can I find the real Lexi? Because I would really like to have a few words with her. ^^

I will definitely do a second run, this time with Cece. But to be honest, I think it will be really hard for me to give Lexi the cold shoulder.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sepey and HiP1
4.80 star(s) 549 Votes