VN Ren'Py Law School [DEMO] [MisterMaya]

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes

Tinez82

Jan 6, 2023
Is there an ETA on release for new update? Just wondering cause I played demo and this one has me intrigued not to mention Rose is just... Mmnnnh so sexy. Redheads just get it done for me especially when they are cute and hot at the same time

Reactions: PeopleCallMeSmile

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
LS_coverimage.png

Greetings Law School Enthusiasts!

41c1ab352e98c33fd5caf4313fb1876df664d01a.png
I am thrilled to share with you the second update for "Law School: Journey to Becoming America's
Top Lawyer." Your warm reception of my demo has been incredibly heartening. Your positive
feedback and constructive criticism have been invaluable, and I assure you, every piece of advice and
concern is being considered to deliver an outstanding first episode.

Progress Recap for Last Month

It's been a relatively slow month in the development of Law School, mainly due to the demo's release a
fortnight ago. Designing a unique and personalized game GUI from scratch was a hefty but rewarding
task. While the core coding of the game is established, allowing for easy tweaks and adjustments, there
may still be further enhancements as we approach the first episode's release.But I'm glad that Law
School will have a unique design, on which I work hard.

Improvement in the workflow
506760ddca99118074d67c6f60baa798af9e9871.png
I previously mentioned a bottleneck in my rendering process due to an overwhelming amount of
animations and statics. My second computer struggled with the load of over 300 statics and 2
animations, both of them totaling more than 200 frames; in the rendering queue.
However, upgrading to an RTX 4090 GPU has significantly expedited the process, reducing the queue
to just 40 statics.
This upgrade not only speeds up rendering but also enables me to add more animations, enhancing the
game's transition effects, a feature I'm particularly excited about.

Where do we stand now?
2fac21c45b9cd404e25bfdd687da7ca156a97ead.png
As of now, Law School boasts approximately 1900 statics and 31 animations, with over half of the
content complete. I'm confident that we are on track for a March 2024 release, anticipating around
3000 statics and 60 animations to create a well-rounded first episode.

Goals for the upcoming month

The primary focus for the next month is to complete the remaining 1000 statics and additional
animations by January's end. This will allow February to be dedicated to post-production tasks such as
editing, coding, music composition, and testing, gearing up for the March release.
Ensuring thorough testing by our dedicated testers is crucial to avoid the pitfalls experienced with
previous releases of "The Entrepreneur."
Our goal is to launch a flawless first episode for Law School.

Final Thoughts
5e4389a2630cb6e39b6580d935b97537f3a1d72b.png
This month has been a rewarding journey, filled with a blend of excitement and anxiety. Seeing the
game take shape and receiving such positive community feedback is both affirming and motivating. I
eagerly await the moment when you can experience the game in its full glory. I hope it brings you as
much joy as it has brought me in its creation.

Now, back to the grind – another day, another scene!

Warm regards,

MisterMaya

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hello everyone, and merry Christmas!

I'm back from France, and visiting my home country gave me an idea for the model of January. In France we have a tradition during January which is called "La galette des Rois". It's a cake that we eat, and basically you translate it "King's cake." So I thought, let's make it the theme of January!

Since Val won last session, she's now out of the poll for this month.
Now, because I'm working a lot on Law School, and you tried the demo, I want to make this edition about Law School only.

I know all the character's name have been introduced in the end of the Demo, so hopefully you remember who I mean.
I'm going to throw in all the LIs, and a few extra characters.

So vote for your character, and let's see who wins it this time!
Screenshot_20231225_075707_Brave.jpg
VOTE

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Dessolos you might want to take a look at this one, bro.
Just wanted to thank you again for tagging me to and recommending me to try this game out awhile back. I love it so far would of gone unnoticed for awhile if it wasn't for you. Rose is already one of my favorite characters and I can see her getting a high spot on my LI list in the future she is such a fun character.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Dark Silence

qqq666qqq

Sep 11, 2022
Thank you very much :)!
I want to translate your game into traditional Chinese, but there is a problem, your in-game options are pictures, it is very difficult to photoshop them and translate them into traditional Chinese. I hope you can provide the original selection images (including the main menu and in-game), thank you; If not, I'll think of something else. Thank you
1703843032136.png
1703843049838.png

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018
Got to say now this was an amazing introductory demo for a game, it almost felt like a full fledged episode of a normal VN. Not surprising considering The entrepreneur also had fully packed episodes. As for initial impressions I'm blown away by how much MisterMaya raised the quality bar on renders, transitions, animations and it seems like we will even have a new morality system that will be impaced by our choices which is always a welcome addition as long it remains straightforward. I liked every character I've seen on the screen and I'm so intrigued to see how their interaction and relationships develop in the future.

I do hope the dev won't overwhelm himself with the mini games part like someone else from another game I follow but other than that college setting, characters, and the story are very intriguing and it's nice to see some new competition on the field. I cannot afford to follow on Patreon but I will wish list this on Steam and will definitely be there for release on day one to support it. Good luck on the project and wish you to stay healthy both mentally and phisically to bring another project to its completion.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MisterMaya

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
20240228_231146.jpg 20240228_231150.jpg 20240228_231152.jpg 20240228_231154.jpg

Law School Episode 1 is on the way, and it's coming with:

– Over 2500 images
– Over 70 animations
– 2 Mini Games and a roaming event
– A fully functional in-game social media platform
– 5 LEWD Scenes
– Over 8500 lines of dialogue
– A lot of funny moments!

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
View attachment 3395261 View attachment 3395262 View attachment 3395263 View attachment 3395264

Law School Episode 1 is on the way, and it's coming with:

– Over 2500 images
– Over 70 animations
– 2 Mini Games and a roaming event
– A fully functional in-game social media platform
– 5 LEWD Scenes
– Over 8500 lines of dialogue
– A lot of funny moments!
thanks for sharing this. I can't wait only played the Demo and it's already looking like it could be one of my new favorites or at least top 10 if I enjoy each episode as much as I did with the demo

Reactions: jhonatanw

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Thanks the picture. I think the other people have asked the question before, is the game " The Entrepreneur" is fully complete and no other updates is expected???
well there should be still have endings coming but .............

*hides from dev* :p

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes