• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Law School [DEMO] [MisterMaya]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

I liked his previous work Entrepreneur but this one seems like way more interesting than his previous work. For a demo this one got fair amount of content and it's crafted beautifully. Girls are pretty and interesting. Seems like all got unique personalities. Quality wise dev improved lot. Liked MC model he's different than usual MC models. It's a demo so there is only one choice here. It's included to show choice Ui and it's nicely done. What I didn't liked in the game was Save/Load UI I prefer usual UI for it. I think dev will change in it in the first release. Overall I enjoyed this demo. Plot seems interesting.

Keep up the good work dev looking forward to first release.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

DeFuZe

A bit early but I have to give this one a 5 star review because of how impressed I was as a first release.

Got to say now this was an amazing introductory demo for a game, it almost felt like a full fledged episode of a normal VN. Not surprising considering The entrepreneur also had fully packed episodes. As for initial impressions I'm blown away by how much MisterMaya raised the quality bar on renders, transitions, animations and it seems like we will even have a new morality system that will be impacted by our choices which is always a welcome addition as long it remains straightforward. I liked every character I've seen on the screen and I'm so intrigued to see how their interaction and relationships develop in the future.

I do hope the dev won't overwhelm himself with the mini games part like someone else from another game I follow but other than that college setting, characters, and the story are very intriguing and it's nice to see some new competition on the field. I cannot afford to follow on Patreon but I will wish list this on Steam and will definitely be there for release on day one to support it. Good luck on the project and wish you to stay healthy both mentally and physically to bring another project to its completion.

P.S. I hope our interaction with Rose develops into something more than best friends status because she is already one of my favorite characters in the game and this relationship could develop very nicely and organically through the series.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Dessolos

It's too early to really judge this game. However for a demo it's pretty good. The visual are really good, the one sex animation looks good 2. All the girls are real pretty looks alone they are some serious competition for some other LI in some of the popular AVN's out there when it comes to looks.

Giving this a 5 star instead of 4 because despite it being too early to form a real opinion. I already love Rose she reminds me of some of my favorite LI / characters from other games. This AVN is already going in the I can't wait for an update pile because of Rose.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Biragel

The Dev's previous work was, up until the very last chapter, one of my favorite games, but then it got a super rushed ending that left a sour taste in my mouth and of other players, as discussed in its own thread.
    Aside from that, all of the soul and quirks of MisterMaya can be seen on this as of now only demo. And its good. Far above average, although average on this site is really nothing to settle for.
    The graphics are very good, both renders and animations, the writing , even if not on par with the greats, is good, and the premise of a Law School setting should work well.
    Let's hope it gets the love it deserves not only from us users, but also from MisterMaya himself, not rushing this one aswell.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Quetzzz

This rating is purely based on the offered experience in the demo.

Adult:
    Not much to say about this yet. The few scenes we can see in the demo seem detailed enough, with multiple animation tracks.

Music/sound:
    Great tracks. I think most tracks are instrumental, which, I think, is a good thing. Music with vocals can distract from reading for some.

Visual:
    Great work on the scenes. Backgrounds are usually out of focus, unless something interesting is going on. The visual gags are funny and not excessive. I enjoy this type of humor a lot.
    Animations, like panning shots, look terrific.

Novel:
    The UI is polished and clear. The 'controls' and 'about' screens need some work. The red and white text is difficult to read against the chosen background.

There isn't much story yet, though we can guess that it will involve basketball and will deal with a lot of slice-of-life issues and interpersonal drama. Student group A, to which MC belongs, counts 20 students, of which 12 are women.

The adoption joke went over my head, until Rose mentioned the adoption in a serious way during the car ride. I do like that Rose and the MC had this discussion, it gives important background on the MC, and how he views life. I was also glad to see a more serious side to Rose because I worried the MC would be stuck with an unrelenting and bratty roommate.

Concerns:
    During the sex animations, lighting resets when it restarts the loop. This could be an artifact caused by compression.

Challenges:
    With love interests depending on 2 stats, it can be a challenge for role-playing players to also match with an LI they find interesting and attractive. While this does allow for replayability and 4 main tracks, players would need to metagame to match with the LI that interests them. I suspect that each track will get 4-5 love interests.
    Edit: reading the comments, the dev confirmed 6 main LIs in total, and a few side-pieces.

Concerning Love Interests; I would've loved if the demo gave us a little bit more than just a name and close-up. So far, they don't look very diverse physically. I also think I noticed some tropes, like older women having larger breasts. And I suspect the big-chested, dark-haired librarian will enjoy some darker passions. (Dev, feel free to subvert these tropes.)

Some text is difficult to read, for instance when Dad says, "You two are like cats and dogs, you always fight!". His name is over the cup that Mom is holding, making it challenging to make out. I would love to see a configurable textbox, with optional profile pictures (these help with remembering and recognizing characters)
  6. 4.00 star(s)

ggregger33

Just finished the demo and there is a lot to say about it. I was a good size for a demo. Not to long not to short. Below are my Pros and Cons but some are personal preference.

Pros:
    - Great models and imagery
    - animations are good
    - music and sound effects
    - Story is not the most original but does have a good amount of differences

Cons:
    - Would like to know if the friend can be an LI if not that would suck
    - A lot of the females are on the larger breast spectrum. Would like to see a bit more diversity as I like them all not just one size fits all.

** Game does not extract in its own folder. This was a bit of a pain. Please place all of the game to extract in its own folder.

Overall I would say a very good start. Definitely want to see and play the full release and look forward to the updates to come.