VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Lancaster Boarding House [Final] [Daniels K]

1. 4.00 star(s)

venomousgamer

This one was my maybe 3rd playthrough of this game, first two plays were last year and I still enjoyed it. Like others have said it there is a very threadbare story here but the characters are done very well almost realistically but the dead eyes ala uncanny valley and what not. Scenes are animated but mostly they are very choppy with very few scenes very short clips in proper framerates. Also, the walkthrough promised a harem route but that just isn't possible in this game, you have to chose which ending do you want and the walkthrough mod promised and delivered all the endings and I didn't have to load and replay the game multiple times for all the endings.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

nitkonikic

Characters are beautiful.
    Story is OK.
    Choices are....pointless.

This one plays more like a story you're just reading. Doesn't matter how many times you say no to a girl, you'll end up with her. Doesn't matter how you treat a girl, she'll be after you all the time.

There are plenty of game decisions where you're asked if you want to do something. Again only false choice, since no matter what you choose, game still proceeds.

Nevertheless, worth playing.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

TheHighSpire

Alright so I've played Lancaster Boarding House and it's time for a review.

I will preface this by saying that I'm not entirely finished with the game yet. Also, I'm decided on 4 instead of 3, but I'd probably have given it 3,5 if it was possible. In the end, the game is quite serviceable, and you don't have to play for hours before you see some actions.

I think the best description for this game is that it is a no-nonsense type of game. What do I mean by that? Well, the game doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to sex and the girls wanting you. It cuts to the hot-stuff very quickly, but it also loses out on story and character development by doing so. If you like the quick-to-action sort of game without many/any requirements about inter-character development, then this game is for you.

The story is rather lightweight and simple. Don't expect a whole lot from it, it's basically only there to keep things going, but it doesn't engage a lot. There isn't really an overarching mission or anything like that. You simply just play a guy at a boarding school and get to interact with the other people there. Though, I gotta admit that I would really have liked to not be in a relationship from the start of the game.

Decisions is arguably one of the most important parts of any VN, and this game does an alright job, although I will say that there are some times where an option was missing. Like when Jason asks if you're up for a three-some with one of the girls and the only two options are Yes or No and try to talk the girl out of it. But what if I really just wanted to say no and leave them for it? Likewise, when he asks you why you attempted to get out of it you can only answer "because you are a jerk" or "I have feelings for her". But really, I just wanted to leave them to it. Generally, having a third option would be really nice for most of the time.
    In either case, you still have loads of decisions to take, although most of them are about sex - it is still nice that you get to choose.

The characters are visually beautifully made. However, it feels like the relationship between the characters develop astronomically fast to the point where you almost ask yourself if you somehow missed some context. I'm not entirely sure if I like that, as it seems as if the characters - even if they know about the relations of other characters don't really care about them - even when they're close friends with those other characters. It's the lack of reflection and that most of the characters express just about zero qualms that are strange.
    I also find that some the characters are better developed and defined than others although they are all kinda shallow; for instance Eve is a rather wild girl that knows what she wants while Abigail's main trait is that she is a bully. Chloe is very sweet and Anna is.. I don't really know, but she is hot. For the most part, the characters are not very deep and you don't really know much about them. Neither does the game really do anything to deepen them.

The H scenes are not overly great. The most jarring part is that they are very, very wonky - sort of stuttering as if they only have two frames. A couple of the sex scenes are animated much better though, but its only few of them. The worst part about it is that you must look at it for a set amount loops which.. it's not nice. Although the visuals are nice, the hardcoded loop really ruins things.

The Good:
    • Beautiful girls
    • Nice with normally sized bodyparts: The girls have varying sized boobs and the MC not a human with a horse cock attached.
    • Plenty of sex scenes
    • A number of different girls to choose from.

The In-between:
    • Little to no character development.
    • Not really much of a story.

The Bad:
    • Bad animations really ruins the sex scenes.
    • The interaction is kinda lacking at times - I could've needed more dialogue options.
    • Shallow characters makes them hard to relate to. They rarely have any reflect about their actions beyond "don't tell Chloe".
    As you can see, the games scores mostly in the visual department. So play it for that, not for deep character development or an emotional story.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3589835

Great game! It took me a bit to remember playing this because i've played so many games but this game is incredibe! The choices you make effects the future and you can also choose who you want to have a relationship with or not i highly recommend this masterpiece!
  5. 3.00 star(s)

DracoXXX

Some Sex animations were done really well wish they had maintained it throughout. Story wise they could've improved a lot especially after introduction of sex cult which was interesting subject but was left untouched after introducing it, such a shame.As a result I don't think it would've made any difference in plot even if it was totally removed. Girls were nice & sound effects were cool. TLDR basically an average VN neither that great nor that bad.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

soraka

Very wholesome adult game. Overall a great dating sim with many different characters and options. The graphics are also great and the animations are smooth for a game at that time. Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys dating sims
  7. 5.00 star(s)

TomWant Badass

Pro
    I´ve played over 100 Games and forgot the most. Normally I like dominance . But this Vanilla Game is remarkable. Choices really matter and you have a lot of choices! The Character development of the girls is awesome, every single Girl has a well explained different Character. This Game soaks me in, I forgot real life and fell in love with this Game. Try it, this completed Game is one of the Best, a real must play.
    Con
    The Animations are old fashion, not kinky no bdsm.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

msleomac

A run of the mill game, Its one of the games that you play once enjoy and forget about it. Its good enough,

The models are excellent and the various paths are satisfactory. There are enough paths to make you want play again which is what a good game must have.

There is even adequate story line to keep you engaged which is always a bonus when playing these games. Crucially the sex scenes are frequent and well placed which help with the gaming experience.

Overall a good but average game and especially kudos to the dev for actually finishing the game which is rare and commendable.

Sex Scenes - 3/5
    Characters - 4/5 (Rating for Models used)
    Story - 2.5/5
    Re-playability - 1/5 (Multiple Paths)
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Ramsay_Bolton

The game is actually very good. It has choices that affect the ending and such. The main problems of the game is rushed ending and lack of fetishes, but overall it's a solid game with an interesting story.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

quelera

So far the game is pretty good, I like the branch stories and the characters. However there are things that need to be fixed (if the devs wants to) there is typos and some sex scenes looks stiff. By the way thanks to QTmodz that already made the "VISUAL MOD" it improves the sex scenes looks much better.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

meridian1

Generally good writing. But the build up to the relationship and sex with the girlfriend is WAY too fast. It's faster than any game ever developed. That's saying something! Literally as soon as you meet her, 2 hours later in-storyline and a few minutes in real life you are already in a relationship. Then 2 weeks later in-storyline (with no communication with each-other during that time) and a few minutes later in real life you meet up and have sex with each-other and take her virginity. It's ridiculous. I wouldn't blame anyone for dropping the game right there.

It's also rushed with the other characters in how fast things progress.

And yet outside of the sexual situations it's actually pretty good writing. There isn't really a plot except bumming around the boarding house, but i'm fine with that. I like how the characters interact in the beginning part i have played. The mc is alright too. You get some choices. It's just when it comes to the situation of sex it's so incredibly rushed. It feels so detached from the good slower paced novel outside of it. To be honest, the way it's rushed has made me drop the game. And that's a shame. If there was a normal sexual progression like in real life and other visual novels, this would be so fucking good. But right now, i wouldn't say it's broken, because it can be barely believable. But yeah i feel bad dropping this game because i kind of want to continue but i can't get over the sexual progression which borderline breaks the characters.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

MezzaPez

Very good game there is a LOT to explore in this game. All of the girls are gorgeous and full of personality. I also think that a lot of if not all the girls in this are unique comparatively to other games.

Chloe is absolutely gorgeous and is full of spunk <3 probably one of my favorite character out of many games.

The story is really good.

I will say that there is not really that many animations and the animations aren't actually that great the images themselves are really good but the animations are just really basic and don't really do much other then one repeated thing and there aren't even that many animated scenes for how long the game is.

But, that honestly does not decrease the rating unless you really really wanted animations.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2755092

That game while pretty short, is actually pretty good.
    Let's be honest, we've all played way worse than this.
    Unlike many recent ones, this one actually has sex in it ^_^.
    The dialogues are not shakesperaean, but then again, most of us don't really expect that in an adult visual novel do we?
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Caryland

I'm not too harsh in my ratings, that why I game this game 3 stars. I understand the care and dedication that went into making this game, it just didn't hook me. I will be the first to say I play these game more for the stories and characters then I do the sex.

Some of the characters in this game were interesting to me at first... unfortunately I didn't feel like there was much in the way of character growth, or arcs. The MC is kinda annoying also!

The story... was a story. I didn't finish it, I'll be honest. I got bored eventually and stopped, I think about half way through.

The renders aren't bad. Some nice character models, and natural looking people, which is always a plus for me. The sex scenes were almost unbearable. It was just 2 frames.. going back and forth.. and they went on for way to long. If you're gonna try to do animation do it right, if not.. don't use it, it drags the game down. The other thing I found with the renders was the lack of them. Sometimes an entire conversation would be 1 or 2 renders, and that's it. It was one of the things that got me bored.

If you like cute college aged girls give this a try, just don't expect a whole lot.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Machete

I liked the game, i loved the character, even the antagonizing other guy who constantly space from antagonist to support in an interesting way. The main problem of it is that it seems that it has been cut short suddenly and almost no question gets an answer. Still 5 stars to me.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Resch

I like it, it is a bit of a lighter story than some. However the story is decent and has enough depth to be entertaining. The endings are decent and renders are really good as well.

I do wish it had a better ability to switch off the initial interest, but that is only a minor complaint.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Vollezar

A must play. And has re-playability. That's pretty much all I can say. Story is good. Renders are yummy. And, even though it's kind of cheesy, one of the endings was just too adorable to not like. Don't want to spoil anything so that's all I am gonna say there.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Jack Beauregard

———————— (o˘◡˘o) ————————

Lancaster Boarding House is what I call an accomplished game. In the sense that everything is well done.

Whether it's the panel of selected girls which is very interesting. The scenario, although classic, has some flashes that are welcome. It will also offer you a lot of replayability due to the number of girls and therefore endings that go together. The whole being supported by very good graphics and quality animation.

In short, play it. I don't give it five stars because perfection doesn't exist. On the other hand, if I could have given it 4.5 stars i would have done it gladly.

So don't hesitate, i highly recommend it. And since criticism is easier than practice, I'd like to say thank you and bravo to Daniels K for his work.

Signed Jack Beauregard
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Dreamrunner

Seems to start a little slow but the story picks up pretty well after that. Most of the characters are enjoyable but at times with all the choices I felt I was spreading myself a bit thin trying to balance so much. The endings seemed rushed and almost incomplete to me and left me seemingly hanging a bit on some of the storylines. But overall enjoyable and worth the download.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

Heruar

I must say I'm a little torn here... The game is quite average in general.
    I liked some things I disliked other ones. I 'll just get to the individual ratings and see where it stands in the end...
    Models - 4/5 - Unique and mostly well done (intimate parts were not great, texture wise)
    Locations(assets) - 4/5 - Mostly well done with a lack of attention to detail
    Sex scenes - 2/5 - Big let down on the "animated" scenes and the sex in general
    Story - 1/5 - The overall story is pretty good(3/5) but the endings and some of the character arc development are almost non-existent.

Unfortunately the end result for me is:
    3/5 stars at best

A few tips to the developer:

"Animations" with pictures can be done way better and quite easy.
    Story needs a little more focus, especially in the character development area and the endings need a lot more work.
    I know, creating scenes in Daz, finding the right assets, poses and morphs is not easy, but it goes a long way to pay attention more to some obvious details that sometimes stick out too much (I'm not gonna make a detailed list here) and can hurt the game experience.

Hope this helps !
    Peace V

Edit: Forgot to mention the actual animations - 4/5 - Not bad