Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
From the preview, lighting seems to have changed. But I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the current preview, as some others said, they look like plastic if not dead. But it's a work in progress so it might be better later on.
The lighting:
While light was obviously used to render it initially. The lighting from what I remember is messed with in the 2D renpy engine when the images are put together. This is done to try and account for day time change. But because the shadows are built into the 2D image it makes it look messed up.

If he wanted to do this right he should have rendered to a 2D contour/height image. In short it shows the height of the body in relation to surrounding body. Then he could have looked at the slope and used it to mimic light and shadow change across the day.
Just think of it light a terrain map use for a human body images.

blackmetal

Nov 15, 2018
the first one was overly complicated and see that the second is the same hard pass for me i want to relax and not think playing games not actually put in effort

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
the first one was overly complicated and see that the second is the same hard pass for me i want to relax and not think playing games not actually put in effort
...you know just put the "Prefix: Other" "VN" Filter on in the latest Updates and you are save to have that

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
That's funny. I play the game because I can turn my brain off and play it.
After a day of solving actual complex problems this is a zero effort game.
It is just pattern based behavior. It is so rudimentary I could write a script to play the game for me.

Choyz

Jul 17, 2018
I used to develop this https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mod-diconica.108097/
I stopped because I got sick of people's shit. I swore I wouldn't help others any more with this.
So I won't give you everything.

There are several ways the women are generated.
There are pure random generated.
There are one's that are generated using templates.
There are pre-generated women.
Then there are main characters.

It uses a random chance to select between if it is creating a purely random character or not.
I edited that section to remove the pre-generated it doesn't prevent the main-characters.
None of the pregen templates are worth a shit.

Then you have another issue. Once it creates a random character it will put a personality template on top of that.
That will affect stuff as well. So you will need to edit all those to your liking.

Files you want to look at.
game/helper_functions/random_generation_functions.rpy
game/character_related/Person.rpy
game/personality_types/ (look at all of them)
sorry for you problem, and thanks to still try give me a hint, appreciate your effort

Reactions: Diconica

MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
It seems like they're new models. Go back a few pages - Someone posted screenshots of them
OH MY GOD DOING THAT WAS A MISTAKE! I was curious and decidedto check out but they look downright CREEPY AS HELL! I really hope the skin tone is unfinished because they look like ghosts or vampires...

Here is link to the comment should anyone want to check them out: https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-51-1-vren.7260/post-9018788

They are mostly similar to their old images, so I guess the models are actually the same and will just get a re-posing.

Reactions: bloodbus

themagiman

Mar 3, 2018
OH MY GOD DOING THAT WAS A MISTAKE! I was curious and decidedto check out but they look downright CREEPY AS HELL! I really hope the skin tone is unfinished because they look like ghosts or vampires...

Here is link to the comment should anyone want to check them out: https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-51-1-vren.7260/post-9018788

They are mostly similar to their old images, so I guess the models are actually the same and will just get a re-posing.
Just in time for haloween

Hopefully the modders can implement the live2d stuff but just make it look not like ass

720NoScope

Apr 8, 2021
I have an idea, vren should just take a break from Lab rats 2 and remake the first one.

Maybe with some space from the project there will come new ideas to solve the existing problems

MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
I have an idea, vren should just take a break from Lab rats 2 and remake the first one.

Maybe with some space from the project there will come new ideas to solve the existing problems
the-big-lebowski-dude.gif

Remake them how?

How would that help?

I mean, a break from LR2 might not be a bad idea... but if anything, I think he should (and this is what I think, not something he ever hinted at) learn unity and start working on Lab Rats 3D.

Reactions: bloodbus

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
I don't have access to the discord. Has he mentioned anything about how much more an interactive license would cost?
Idk much about whether he can allow access to his models, but the prices for all the individual Daz assets adds up very fast. Plus there's some that I haven't been able to find. Also do you want to join? I've seen your commits, and you'll already have a contributor role for that

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020

Heart's in the right place but like the other guy said I don't think it helps any. Just a lot of work for not a lot of gain since the new art is for a procedural character display system. But yeah LR1 models are ugly af so I want to seem em replaced (Maybe by a modder because I wish Vren did more story content for 2)

nim

May 6, 2017
Heart's in the right place but like the other guy said I don't think it helps any. Just a lot of work for not a lot of gain since the new art is for a procedural character display system. But yeah LR1 models are ugly af so I want to seem em replaced (Maybe by a modder because I wish Vren did more story content for 2)
I would also enjoy new LR2 content but the Live2D changes sound like they are too labor intensive to expect modders to do that. That's assuming Vren would even give up that task to others.
Now if someone could figure out some short cuts to the Live2D process for Vren that would be amazing.

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
I would also enjoy new LR2 content but the Live2D changes sound like they are too labor intensive to expect modders to do that. That's assuming Vren would even give up that task to others.
Now if someone could figure out some short cuts to the Live2D process for Vren that would be amazing.
Yeah I dabbled in adding new art, but I don't think I'll be touching Live2d. And far as I can tell, none of the modders really experts on live2d so Vren might be alone unless someone new comes around or Tristim works some magic out

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
what are requirements for live2d? I mean what are the techincals needed from start (software and hardware) to finished image?

CoatiGer

Sep 26, 2020
what are requirements for live2d? I mean what are the techincals needed from start (software and hardware) to finished image?
From the standpoint of a user: the same as for LR2 without live2d. You can test the live2d demo of VREN to test it for yourself.

From developers view: no idea :whistle:

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes