RPGM Onhold KonoSuba: This lecherous World [v4] [The Dark forest]

3.30 star(s) 7 Votes

Omae wa shinda

May 25, 2020
Konosuba is a series that I liked and in fact that it gets so near sexual many times was always a plus, having a game based on it is really nice.

P.D: If there are no BDSM scenes for Darkness then it isn't a Konosuba game.

P.D2: No, don't do BDSM with Darkness, do BDSM with another character while she sees it.

P.D3: Damnit, how can our character punish her?! She enjoys it all!
You don't. You fucked her, that it, like every doujin. or you could not do anything to her.

Aug 6, 2020
I have high hopes for this game. Im excited to see how it turns out. Good luck to the devs!

Last edited:

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
i see people raging about a reboot ... god please help the dev that needed to remake the game to get to this T_T
those poor skit and those messy map for barely around 10 min of gameplay if you take the time to launch the game change the option into acount ...

i read some comment about the first review ... while it seem poorly worded because he was frustrated by the poor balance of the game and make it seem he is someone that did not watch the anime, the battle system is actualy poorly balanced and not the canon poor balanced of the story, just a failled attempt to imitate it

btw i wonder why the dude that wrote the second review decided to note the game on what it could become in the far future and the dhoujin he read before playing >< current content is poor why calling it something else :S

Fearnought

Apr 21, 2018
i read some comment about the first review ... while it seem poorly worded because he was frustrated by the poor balance of the game and make it seem he is someone that did not watch the anime, the battle system is actualy poorly balanced and not the canon poor balanced of the story, just a failled attempt to imitate it

btw i wonder why the dude that wrote the second review decided to note the game on what it could become in the far future and the dhoujin he read before playing >< current content is poor why calling it something else :S
I really regret that my discussion with kaizoman was deleted, coz we disscussed all of that and came to understanding. So to sum it up for you:

1) It's a parody game, not a real rpg, so rpg elements here are afterthought, it's not the main point of the game and writing that parody game sucks because it's bad rpg is stupid.(For anyone who didn't see anime it's valid coz if they don't get the humor that's all that's left - the rpg that sucks).

2) It's called personal opinion if you didn't know that while writing your own. While playing it I felt that developer didn't put too much energy into many elements of the game(storytelling, bios of chars, battles and many more), so it's clearly aren't going to be another Roundscape Adorevia contentwise, as such I believe the demo shows all planned core mechanics of the finished game unless they'll redo it.

3) I think for the 1st version of a small parody game it's doing alright, the only part it truly lacks is hotness, hence 4 stars for now. Will it became better or worse in the future, who knows? For now it's alright.

4) Rating first version of the game in development for amount of content... Do I even need to write how it sounds?

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
I really regret that my discussion with kaizoman was deleted, coz we disscussed all of that and came to understanding. So to sum it up for you:

1) It's a parody game, not a real rpg, so rpg elements here are afterthought, it's not the main point of the game and writing that parody game sucks because it's bad rpg is stupid.(For anyone who didn't see anime it's valid coz if they don't get the humor that's all that's left - the rpg that sucks).

2) It's called personal opinion if you didn't know that while writing your own. While playing it I felt that developer didn't put too much energy into many elements of the game(storytelling, bios of chars, battles and many more), so it's clearly aren't going to be another Roundscape Adorevia contentwise, as such I believe the demo shows all planned core mechanics of the finished game unless they'll redo it.

3) I think for the 1st version of a small parody game it's doing alright, the only part it truly lacks is hotness, hence 4 stars for now. Will it became better or worse in the future, who knows? For now it's alright.

4) Rating first version of the game in development for amount of content... Do I even need to write how it sounds?
i don't mind wasting space with you if you realy want to show how much your praise for the game are actualy the worse critic :S

1) it's not a parody of rpg, it's a "parody" of konosuba which use badly rpgm, i get that point, i've watched the anime, one of the movie and played a couple game (official, all public fan made and a couple h-paroy, so i like the humor in konosuba) the problem for me is that if he want to use konosuba in a rpg he should do it in a way that follow te story, not with seemingly similar but actualy completely different setting, right now, you change the name and visual and it can be any mainstream h-game, it's not konosuba

2) you keep your personal opinion for the thread so people can report your comment as being out of topic and irrelevant, pushing your expectation and experience from other game/douhjin in a review and rating the possibilityt of probable potential why denying the review of people commenting about the actual content is closer to trolling than reviewing :S
and now your saying the dev did a half assed job so it deserve a good rating because if it was made seriously by someone else it would deserve that rating ><

3) you are clearly not thinking straight, you agree that it lack content, that the scenario is poor with bad story telling, that the gameplay is unbalanced and the mapping sloppy and the art need getting used too because it's nothing like the original, parody is not using the visual and name of caracter in a completely irrelevant context and please don't try to justify that lack of content by pointing out again and again that it's a first version, people keep commenting about the fact that this game is a remake of an abandonned game from the same dev :S an d even if it was a first version of a completely new game, 10 min of mostly nothing is not something to be praise even if lot of people do it often, if hundreds of people start running naked in the street while throwing stone to some grandma they would not become alright because they are not alone so pointing out that the game lack content to enjoy or give an actual taste of the finished game is not irelevant

4) i'm not rating it for it's lack of content, i comment about it while pointing out the place where it is lacking, scenario, gameplay, art and yes current number of scene i'm not rating it based on external or potential factor, i'm reviewing about what's reviewable rating it as poor seem fitting to me i guess some realy starved fan would be ok to rate it average but i'm not and as you said people that don't know konosuba won't understand most of the humor ( if you put the humor away from a comedy your parody will suck) and the die hard fan of konosuba will just reject it with the art

i understand why your previous conversation was erased if none of your argument was based on the game or it's content

Reactions: World enjoyer

Leprikon01

Feb 11, 2018
For those who did not understand. THIS GAME WAS NOT PLANNED AS AN RPG! It's an adventure! If you want to grind, play the official game.

Fearnought

Apr 21, 2018
i don't mind wasting space with you if you realy want to show how much your praise for the game are actualy the worse critic :S
1) I don't think I'm THAT much fan of konosuba to argue about how much the game hits the nail, so I won't even bother.

2) Are you high? I never rated any future, I enjoyed current game, but found it somewhat lacking, and I wrote as such. I clearly wrote to you that rpg part is not the main point of the game, yet you continue to write about it like it's a pimple on your ass which you can't forget about. Never heard of specialization? Well it's not my job to teach you, ask someone else. And after reading your "constructive" and "comprehensive" review I wonder where you got all that courage to critique someone's else opinion from.

3) Dude, do you yourself understand what you are writing? You just wrote that you think the game sucks because it doesn't resemble the ideal game you see in your head. Are you ok? Do you think game's content just materializes out of thin air the moment devs think about it? I wrote that the game looks like small project in review, did you think why? Ofcourse not, you were too busy flaming people and writing how everything sucks. The answer is the more devs plan mechanics, lore and content for the game, the longer it takes to realise it, you can find some projects that are in development for frigging decades where devs straggle to do everything they wanted(that's the most stubborn, most just give up at some point). here it can be clearly seen that dev doesn't plan to go for years or decades if the game will receive support, as such is there even a point to spend weeks or even months to perfect the fight balance and such for a 60-70 fights total with few mobs which are used as filler? It won't make game much better, but will take loooots of time. Go learn what a specialization, target audience, time managment and tradeoffs are and then maybe you will actually be able to pose as someone who knows what he is talking about. And there won't be throwing stones to grandmas any longer.

4) ... Now you just wrote that you rated this parody like that because it's not RPG(it lacks proper rpg gameplay and depth of story), it's art is not close to konosuba(... as someone who actually read the manga I'll tell you that original art will totally suck for 18+ game, anime looks way better, but to find artist who could do just like that, will agree to work for you with proper schedule and actually will do things on time, will also agree to draw 18+ content and to top it off do it for reasonable price is no easy task, go introduce one to dev if you think I'm wrong, also I mentioned in review that I saw that the art could be even better then in anime, after all it's 18+ game with no censure, as such there are countless possibilities to make it even better) and then you wrote that first version lacks content... which is totally arghhhh, not gonna repeat myself. ... At least you agreed that it is parody and there is humor, which is the point of the whole game and what for I rated it.

It was erased coz it was debate of opinions spanning whole page out of 4, and moderator probably decided it could make people take sides and continue to go at it. Also "not a starved fan of Konosuba" did you read manga? Or light novel on which everything is based on? If not, that's not for you either to decide what is canon and what is not, since for smooth production, to make it more appealing and sometimes even censure both manga and anime tend to cut off, add or even outright change content of original. IF, just if, you will be interested in knowing why I'm saying that, check out "Shaman king", manga and anime, and you'll get the picture clearer then anything.

Anyway, there is no point to continue arguing any longer, if you still don't get what I'm writing about, go read about things I pointed out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlos25303540

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
I don't think I'm THAT much fan of konosuba to argue about how much the game hits the nail, so I won't even bother.
you are not seeing or even trying to understand what i mean, it's sad

the lack of content and short time the game last should be pointed out for two reason one personal it always disapoint me when is see this because i only upload completed game and the trend to upload extremely short demo always make me angry, the second is i'm not the only one disliking short content one review about it is enough to prevent ten person to get pissed by it

the rpg element in a rpgm game "seem" important but personaly i don't see why it is present here, the tag is absent, so is any comment about it in my review what i would like to know is why is it in game ? puting a mini-game where you have to run after the monster like with the mushroom or something that make the character look high in the godwin ranking seem more interesting to me, but as of now the rpg element is here and it is bad so in my comment i spoke about it

For those who did not understand. THIS GAME WAS NOT PLANNED AS AN RPG! It's an adventure! If you want to grind, play the official game.
for the dev :
what about excluding completely the rpg element and putting a dev note about it's absence in the overview ?
puting one half-assed is just a loss of time for you and a call for hate ^^
and by the way official game is mostly a pain ^^

Fearnought

Apr 21, 2018
you are not seeing or even trying to understand what i mean, it's sad
You are missing the point, the fact that the game doesn't have "completed" tag says all you can expect from it. I once tried playing unfinished games, and replaying the game once every few months to see tit bit of a new content is a massive timesink which is barely worth it if at all(some devs make it so you can access new content right away, but there is usually aren't much to enjoy in one update), so I usually go for completed games with no MTL, yet sometimes I'm just in the mood to check a new game and write my thoughts about it. So I checked this one, and I clearly knew that there will not be much content to expect here. While it would have been nice surprise if there was, it's not something bad if there is not, as such there is no point to write about amount of content, or even negatively rate the game because of it. After all low amount of content is expected from new games, expecially if they are not passion projects and dev wants first to know how the players will react before spending lots of time making content. To put it simply dev showed with this amount of content everything one could expect of game, while it's not set in stone that there will be zero changes, players can expect no new groundbraking mechanics appearing in it.(Seriously, by downloading unfinished game you pretty much signing that you are ok that it will suddenly end, no point being sore about it).

The comment of the dev pretty much explains it all. The game is built on RPGM, which was created to make RPG games, and the dev uses availible tools to progress the story. To put it simply the only alternative to quest progression you saw in the current version would have been making game a VN, which will need a lot of art and where all that would be needed from you is to click left button, and not everyone likes that, expecially if art doesn't make you cry from happiness. Though it's only my opinion, dev knows better.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
RPGM is the tag of the engine on which the game is made, and not the genre of the game.
being captain obvious does not say anything about your opinion about my idea ^^ as i say rpg only SEEM important in rpgm game i've played many game on rpgm that was not rpg, i even try my hand at making one but i'm better at making rpg T_T, my suggestion is to exclude the classic rpg part of the system, or only keeping them as a narative, the first review is about the battle system balance and the lvl and loot system, in the way you made your game they have no place in it and them even being present seem like an error to me even more so when i saw that you did not put either the rpg or combat tag ^^ switching the battle for some mini-game make more sense to me

my suggestion for mini-game to switch for the fight would be in order "wack-a-slime" "hide and slug" boss figt need to change it did not even have time to act for me but maybe a short gae where you must but put your ally behind cover so they don't get melt (too much) could be nice (similar to the "puzzle" with te statue but here you do this with the ally, for the rat a game of tag with player as cat, then for the last fight having the toad as cat (seem a bit hard to balance but worth the hassle) during the mini-game you could have short sentence from the girl saying it's funny/a chore/exiting or kasuma bitching or perving after the girls perving may need a couple reusable art but bitching would just need the standing pic so not much work on that side while completely erasing the rpg stigma .... i mean system :X

You are missing the point
telling me i'm missing the point while writing my words back to me just because you stubornly stuck to the idea i want something from the dev and rpg in the game is starting to iritate me a great deal ...

my review is a warning for like-minded people that are not interested by short demo of less than 10min, my personal reason for it is that when i "release" an alpha for my games i only do so to the game tester and after "finishing" the game, in my case execpt balancing and bug squashing there's nothing left to do, my review is aslo about the poor mapping and storry telling nothing else, as such 2* (refered as poor by f95) seem a fair judgement on the current state of the game, my sentence about waiting v10 could be too much but only the dev could say something about it and would need justification about it but he never asked

my comment was about the fact that the first review was right to say the battle system is frustrating and unbalanced, i never said it needed to be present or balanced correctly, it's your sturborness for focusing on it when it was irrelevant, my comment about your review seem justified to me too, you speack about probability and content from other source as a reason to over-rating the game it feel wrong to me, when rating the current content and making a review for other user you should make it so people know what they can get now if you only speack about expectation it's out of topic and missleading

and please don't misslead yourself, dev have more choice than rpg and vn even when working on rpgm, i still wonder sometime why they keep RPGM as the name when you can make so much different type of game with it ^^ (vx was the point where people had to stop thinking it was hard to make something other than rpg with rpgm)

Reactions: World enjoyer

Fearnought

Apr 21, 2018
my review is a warning for like-minded people that are not interested by short demo of less than 10min
You litterally downloaded a demo of a game that just appeared and wrote that it has too little content captain obvious. The amount of content in demo is decided by how much dev planned for it, for example the same 2% from 100 is 2, and 2% from 10 is 0,2, feel the difference?

my personal reason for it is that when i "release" an alpha for my games i only do so to the game tester and after "finishing" the game, in my case execpt balancing and bug squashing there's nothing left to do
What games did you "release"? No clue what you meant by "" but I really hope it's not hypothetical and only in your head.

my review is aslo about the poor mapping and storry telling nothing else
the only map which had a lot of "problems" is the one you need to kill mice at, they are often behind map elements and there is no indication that it's possible to go up on the right side of it. But with how small it is, it took me about 5 seconds to solve all of them, anyway the current amount of content is clearly not enough to judge if there is a real problem with those elements which will severely effect players or not.

my comment was about the fact that the first review was right to say the battle system is frustrating and unbalanced, i never said it needed to be present or balanced correctly, it's your sturborness for focusing on it when it was irrelevant
I used it as an example to show that to add or perfect something you need time, and sometimes it's just not worthwhile to do so, I never wrote that it's needed or you want it to be implemented, read carefully.

my comment about your review seem justified to me too, you speack about probability and content from other source as a reason to over-rating the game it feel wrong to me
You gotta be blind man. While I mentioned what the game will probably look like, it was because the game gave me a strong feeling that's how it was planned. And the rating has nothing to do with it, I just mentioned it so anyone reading my review could gain an understanding of what to expect in the end, I rated game 4 stars because 1 star is minimum, 2 stars for parody(I enjoyed it so far, so why not) and 1 of 2 stars for H content(I found it lacking, COZ I SAW WAY BETTER SOMEWHERE ELSE, I FRIGGIN TOOK 1 STAR FROM RATING FOR IT, I EVEN EXPLAINED IT FULLY WHY, and here you write that I OVER-RATED GAME BECAUSE OF CONTENT FROM OTHER SOURCES). If you still didn't get it this game is 18+ parody, so I rated it exactly on H staff and parody, everything else is irrelevant unless it creates problems while playing it. Be it mapping or proper storytelling, it's nice if they are great and it's also ok if they aren't.

and please don't misslead yourself, dev have more choice than rpg and vn even when working on rpgm, i still wonder sometime why they keep RPGM as the name when you can make so much different type of game with it ^^ (vx was the point where people had to stop thinking it was hard to make something other than rpg with rpgm)
Ofcourse he does, did you want me to count all possibilities? The point is dev made this choice because he has a reason to do so, whatever it is.

Fearnought

Apr 21, 2018
don't worry i'm pretty sure i understand you
Ok, that hit the rock bottom and I'm not following you there.

You know when I saw you critique my review for something I didn't even write, I just thought that you misread it or misunderstood something, so I quoted your post and tried to explain it to you while mentioning the rest coz there was already a debate about it, and everything was solved. I expected you at least to find what I was talking about and quietly correct what you wrote(about my review) so you at least will critique something which actually exist. But all you did was nuking me with loads of nonsense of which only a little part actually made sense(or I just couldn't refute it coz watched konosuba long ago), while the rest or didn't make sense at all or did make sense but was used as argument which didn't prove anything to anyone but you...

And do you know what I understood after I had a good night rest and returned here? That the reason you wrote all of that is because you just didn't want to admit you made a mistake, you continued to write all that nonsense just to look that you still have the ground to be right. And you continued to do so till the moment I dissected you the main problem and shown you your mistake at which point you didn't find any arguments that will at least sound somewhat sane to strike me back with... And as result you devolved into inderect insults, apparently that's all that's left for you to do when you still don't have the guts to admit you made a mistake.

And about you under-rating the game for all the wrong reasons? Apparently the reason is even more pathetic. You are fan of konosuba and have a clear idea on what kind of game you want to see in it's setting, but you've got no skill to do it yourself and no will to find a team to make it possible, so you went and rated a new game in this setting negatively because it doesn't conform to your vision of what it should be. Heck, you went as far as to write to the dev that he should pretty much remake the whole thing to make you enjoy it. While offering advise and ideas is a good thing and nobody will fault you for it, to offer advise on pretty much commercial project you need to have actual experience and understanding how to make them successful, pleasing you doesn't mean pleasing everybody after all, and to make it in good faith nobody starts the whole thing with dragging someone else's work through the mud.

I'm out.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 7 Votes