• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Kingdom of Deception JDMOD [0.14.0] [JohnDupont]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Maximeme

Aug 20, 2017
Hey so I'm getting the same errors as the guy above me,

I'm getting error like this View attachment 2029657
I know I followed the instructions right cause it's working as intended, it's just that it keeps coming up with the same error. I've tried rearranging it, unzipping it again, and making a new base folder with everything in it, looking for "Stories" in the .zip files, but so far, nothing's working. Do I need to download the fanfic mod or something? Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: I downloaded the fanfic mod and now I have the option to see the bonus and fanfic scenes, but every time I try and unlock the gallery it says "An Exception has Occured". I keep hitting "ignore" but the same thing keep popping up till the end of the scene.

Last edited:

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
When will this get updated to the v0.13.2+Bugfix version?
Hey so I'm getting the same errors as the guy above me,
I know I followed the instructions right cause it's working as intended, it's just that it keeps coming up with the same error. I've tried rearranging it, unzipping it again, and making a new base folder with everything in it, looking for "Stories" in the .zip files, but so far, nothing's working. Do I need to download the fanfic mod or something? Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: I downloaded the fanfic mod and now I have the option to see the bonus and fanfic scenes, but every time I try and unlock the gallery it says "An Exception has Occured". I keep hitting "ignore" but the same thing keep popping up till the end of the scene.
Using Bonus Pack #7 instead of #10, aren't you?

When will this get updated to the v0.13.2+Bugfix version?
The answer is in the OP.

Maximeme

Aug 20, 2017
Using Bonus Pack #7 instead of #10, aren't you?

The answer is in the OP.
I am, but in my defense it's cause I couldn't find Bonus Pack 10, just using the one provided in the OP. I finally DID manage to find it so I'm gonna see if that doesn't do it, thanks!

Edit: So I went and downloaded Pack 10, replaced it in the folder, but now when I try to open the main game it says "Parsing the Script failed". Gonna try and remake the whole folder and get back.
Edit 2: Did it! Made the folder from scratch, used Pack 10, all's well. Sorry for any undue stress, and thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnDupont
Jan 20, 2020
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label _call_shake is defined twice, at
File "05OrcCamp_Phase_03.rpyc", line 233 and
File "game/JDMOD/bonus_scenes.rpy", line 17.

The label _call_shake_1 is defined twice, at
File "05OrcCamp_Phase_03.rpyc", line 245 and
File "game/JDMOD/bonus_scenes.rpy", line 34.

The label _call_shake_2 is defined twice, at
File "05OrcCamp_Phase_03.rpyc", line 1466 and
File "game/JDMOD/bonus_scenes.rpy", line 43.

The label _call_shake_3 is defined twice, at
File "05OrcCamp_Phase_03.rpyc", line 1518 and
File "game/JDMOD/bonus_scenes.rpy", line 101.

The label _call_shake_4 is defined twice, at
File "05OrcCamp_Phase_03.rpyc", line 1532 and
File "game/JDMOD/bonus_scenes.rpy", line 112.

The label _call_shake_5 is defined twice, at
File "05OrcCamp_Phase_03.rpyc", line 1554 and
File "game/JDMOD/bonus_scenes.rpy", line 132.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919

How to fix this?.

Maximeme

Aug 20, 2017
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label _call_shake is defined twice, at
File "05OrcCamp_Phase_03.rpyc", line 233 and
File "game/JDMOD/bonus_scenes.rpy", line 17.

The label _call_shake_1 is defined twice, at
File "05OrcCamp_Phase_03.rpyc", line 245 and
File "game/JDMOD/bonus_scenes.rpy", line 34.

The label _call_shake_2 is defined twice, at
File "05OrcCamp_Phase_03.rpyc", line 1466 and
File "game/JDMOD/bonus_scenes.rpy", line 43.

The label _call_shake_3 is defined twice, at
File "05OrcCamp_Phase_03.rpyc", line 1518 and
File "game/JDMOD/bonus_scenes.rpy", line 101.

The label _call_shake_4 is defined twice, at
File "05OrcCamp_Phase_03.rpyc", line 1532 and
File "game/JDMOD/bonus_scenes.rpy", line 112.

The label _call_shake_5 is defined twice, at
File "05OrcCamp_Phase_03.rpyc", line 1554 and
File "game/JDMOD/bonus_scenes.rpy", line 132.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919

How to fix this?.
Download Bonus Pack 10 and then make a new base folder with everything in it from scratch. It's what I did.

Reactions: JohnDupont

DurryMuncher420

Apr 28, 2022
I am, but in my defense it's cause I couldn't find Bonus Pack 10, just using the one provided in the OP. I finally DID manage to find it so I'm gonna see if that doesn't do it, thanks!

Edit: So I went and downloaded Pack 10, replaced it in the folder, but now when I try to open the main game it says "Parsing the Script failed". Gonna try and remake the whole folder and get back.
Edit 2: Did it! Made the folder from scratch, used Pack 10, all's well. Sorry for any undue stress, and thanks for the help!
Where'd you end up finding bonus pack 10? I can't find it for the life of me.

Reactions: btftw

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
This thing is a real mess, I've been trying to instal it for 30 min and it still don't work and I still don't know what I should do with all the pack and variant and bonus scenes...
Tried the installer and tried a manual installation, I always end up with a error

For the mod to work you need a images pack from a separate download ( why separate ?.. )
But I've read that the pack in the main post are outdated ( why ?? , updated them ! it's been years ! )
So you need to download the one in this post
https://f95zone.to/threads/kingdom-of-deception-v0-13-2-bugfix-hreinn-games.2733/post-4875616

But what are those? 3 folder ? ok and what I do with 3 folder ?
do I put it in the Kingdom_of_Deception-Bonus_Scenes-pc ? or the JDMOD folder ? or the game folder ?...

Maybe it's time to update the main post with all new pack and stuff ? because it seem that I'm not the only one struggling with it here
Make it simpler please, a mod should be easy to install, with just a single download
A simple uncompress->drag and drop->enjoy, or a installer but with EVERYTHING IN IT

Reactions: Brian224411

Brian224411

Jul 11, 2020
This thing is a real mess, I've been trying to instal it for 30 min and it still don't work and I still don't know what I should do with all the pack and variant and bonus scenes...
Tried the installer and tried a manual installation, I always end up with a error

For the mod to work you need a images pack from a separate download ( why separate ?.. )
But I've read that the pack in the main post are outdated ( why ?? , updated them ! it's been years ! )
https://f95zone.to/threads/kingdom-of-deception-v0-13-2-bugfix-hreinn-games.2733/post-4875616

do I put it in the Kingdom_of_Deception-Bonus_Scenes-pc ? or the JDMOD folder ? or the game folder ?...

Maybe it's time to update the main post with all new pack and stuff ? because it seem that I'm not the only one struggling with it here
Make it simpler please, a mod should be easy to install, with just a single download
A simple uncompress->drag and drop->enjoy, or a installer but with EVERYTHING IN IT
Yeah i agree i honestly spend so long on trying to download it that i dont even remeber how i got it to work but then again i have no clue on how any of this works so maybe its already as simple as it can get

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022

Did you even read the "install guide"? Separate is because of "rules" they need to be added by the end user. Again, explained in the OP.

1. Add the imagesfrom the bonus to the mod by doing the following:
    1. Extract the RPA packages from the bonus using UnRen ( , )
    2. Merge the "scenes" folder of the bonus (Kingdom_of_Deception-Bonus_Scenes-pc\game\scenes) with the "scenes" folder of the mod (Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\game\JDMOD\scenes).
    3. Move the "Stories" folder of the bonus (Kingdom_of_Deception-Bonus_Scenes-pc\game\Stories) to the "JDMOD" folder (Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\game\JDMOD).
We aren't building rockets here :p

Reactions: drone4of2

CIover

Sep 28, 2019
Did you even read the "install guide"? Separate is because of "rules" they need to be added by the end user. Again, explained in the OP.

We aren't building rockets here :p
Lmao, thanks got it working. It do be like that sometimes like building rockets and pretty much the closest thing people can have to a more easier installation is put a reply with everything they need like the bonus and instruction like you did lmao. Got it working btw thanks, wasnt that bad when it's all in one post the files and instruction even if it's not prebuilt in one download.

pr83

May 5, 2017
Thought this was gonna be messy but it was the easiest install. I do have a question tho, the post with Bonus Pack #10 also had the art pack and variation pack, are they already in the Bonus pack? Also what's the latest bonus pack version? I see some people mention BP #11 in this thread.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote