Mod Ren'Py Kingdom of Deception JDMOD [0.14.0] [JohnDupont]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Mar 21, 2018
this just isnt working for me at all, ive reinstalled numerous times made sure i have the correct versions however the gallery has no unlock tabs.

Leona16

Feb 15, 2021
Hi, When I was watching one of the scenes this occurred to me, could you help me?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Hentai_Scenes.rpy", line 14807, in <module>
NameError: name 'Hscene' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "Hentai_Scenes.rpyc", line 14807, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1063, in py_exec_bytecode

Djskayoser

Oct 25, 2018
I installed everything correctly, but Viressa's mod doesn't work. I just put pictures from Viressa's mod to the JMOD and it did what you can see. When I completely trying to install all files, game gave me many errors and doesn't run at all. WTF. Anyone have normal guide?
1687547715680.png

Viressa

May 24, 2018
My mod is no longer being developed and is no longer supported, it hasn't been updated in years and won't work with modern versions of the game. It's not linked in my signature anymore for that reason.

Reactions: Pervtron3000

blackhedgehog

Jul 3, 2018
I always had this doubt, does bonus pack 12 contain all the bonus scenes from the previous ones? like 11, 10 and variants 1-7?

blackhedgehog

Jul 3, 2018
I installed everything correctly, but Viressa's mod doesn't work. I just put pictures from Viressa's mod to the JMOD and it did what you can see. When I completely trying to install all files, game gave me many errors and doesn't run at all. WTF. Anyone have normal guide?
View attachment 2718804
You have to put Viressa's mod in 'Kingdom_of_Deception-pc" folder not in 'JDMOD' folder

Pervtron3000

Jan 3, 2019
Holy fucking hell, why make such convoluted instructions, can somebody just zip a correctly modded directory and upload that instead of giving a college lecture?

Heliophorus

Jan 6, 2018
Holy fucking hell, why make such convoluted instructions, can somebody just zip a correctly modded directory and upload that instead of giving a college lecture?
What? It's fairly easy, just extract few folders. Maybe use Unren if you wat bonus scenes integrated, but that's still easy.

Reactions: JohnDupont
Mar 14, 2018
What? It's fairly easy, just extract few folders. Maybe use Unren if you wat bonus scenes integrated, but that's still easy.
I think the number of people that can't figure out how to stitch everything together (myself included) says otherwise. I'm way out of the loop and pretty much all I know is this game is virtually abandonware at this point, but asking barely tech-literate people on the internet to put the right folders into the right locations from three different sources is more difficult than you'd expect.
Or maybe it's exactly as difficult as you'd expect, which is why just uploading a correctly installed directory would be such a big help.

Reactions: ghostypotato

xocl

Sep 27, 2018
is there anyway to teleport with the console commands? I'm soft locked in a game over loop. If not I gotta find a save.

bene123

Aug 13, 2022
I think the number of people that can't figure out how to stitch everything together (myself included) says otherwise. I'm way out of the loop and pretty much all I know is this game is virtually abandonware at this point, but asking barely tech-literate people on the internet to put the right folders into the right locations from three different sources is more difficult than you'd expect.
Or maybe it's exactly as difficult as you'd expect, which is why just uploading a correctly installed directory would be such a big help.
Same. I never managed to make the bonus scenes work. I dont understand why not just provide everything packed instead of positing a quest and refer to other tools that are not explained how to use.

Ninpass

Apr 22, 2019
I did everything step by step as instruction said but installer sayin to me that:
! Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
Are you sure we're in the game's root directory?

Press any key to exit...
And that`s it, folder looks exactly like in photo.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
I did everything step by step as instruction said but installer sayin to me that:
! Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
Are you sure we're in the game's root directory?

Press any key to exit...
And that`s it, folder looks exactly like in photo.
Does it happen when using UnRen ?

Toastedsnow

Dec 30, 2017
Updated package:
Contains:
  • JDMod Toolset
  • KoD v0.14.2.1 (latest as of 29/01/24)
  • Bonus Scenes 1-12 (far as I'm aware, that's all of them)
  • Viressa's Fanfic Mod v0.6-0.11.5 (latest as of 29/01/24)
Extract and run the .exe in the Kingdom_of_Deception-pc folder. Gallery can be unlocked with the Unlock option, bonus scenes are under that subcategory

To access the bad end content, you cannot use a game file that has been modified with JDMod.
I'll repeat myself.
To access the bad end content (added by this update and probably the next major release as well), you cannot use a game file that has been modified with JDMod.

If you want to see the bad end storylines, go download a fresh copy of the game from the official KoD thread, extract it as a separate file, and run that version. I included a max submissive save in the uploaded package if that's your bag (certainly is mine) - just drop that save file into your fresh copy of the game.
File can be found under Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\game\saves - either 1-2-LT1.save or 1-3-LT1.save will do, they're basically the same savestate.

If you get an error along the lines of:
While running game code:

This can generally be resolved by:
  1. Clearing the game's old save states if you have any. Just delete the folder. By default, it'll be located in:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\KoD
  2. Hitting the "Rollback" option on the error screen (resets scene variables)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote