VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Good to know that you didn't develop the story with incest in mind. I wish all the pages with incest patch would indicate whether it's an incest restoration patch or a fan made patch. I just want to play the game as the dev intended, so it's kinda annoying seeing an incest patch and having to scroll through to figure out if it's being endorsed from the shadows or not.
I'm going to be honest, as I've talked about this here (or I think in the production thread), but the original story did have a certain theme that Patreon persecuted with their Spanish Inquisition of Relationships.

However this isn't the original Kindread story. The first (unpublished) story focuses on a group called the Hendersons. And in that story, they are very much a loving family. We also kinda meet the Redburns, but only briefly (for good or bad).

Fast forward in development time and The Hendersons became a stone around my neck as I'd tried many ways to get it to work in the spare time I have.
So I took the Redburns and gave them a back story, with the intention to do a much much shorter vn and leave the relationships open to anyone's interpretation.

So it's there in it's original dna, but I have made many re-writes in an effort to open it up to anyone's preferred group dynamic. I hope it works.

As for the patch, Patreon have already closed, then stripped content from one of my accounts and they've let me know that they're reviewing my future content.
So any dev admitting to being the author of a patch might as well not be on Patreon (which was a big driver to begin the project, unconnected to any organisation's moral guidelines).

Last edited:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I'm going to be honest, as I've talked about this here (or I think in the production thread), but the original story did have a certain theme that Patreon persecuted with their Spanish Inquisition of Relationships.

However this isn't the original Kindread story. The first (unpublished) story focuses on a group called the Hendersons. And in that story, they are very much a loving family. We also kinda meet the Redburns, but only briefly (for good or bad).

Fast forward in development time and The Hendersons became a stone around my neck as I'd tried many ways to get it to work in the spare time I have.
So I took the Redburns and gave them a back story, with the intention to do a much much shorter vn and leave the relationships open to anyone's interpretation.

So it's there in it's original dna, but I have made many re-writes in an effort to open it up to anyone's preferred group dynamic. I hope it works.

As for the patch, Patreon have already closed, then stripped content from one of my accounts and they've let me know that they're reviewing my future content.
So any dev admitting to being the author of a patch might as well not be on Patreon (which was a big driver to begin the project, unconnected to any organisation's moral guidelines).
Of course not, but there are ways to know whether the story was intended to have incest or not without the dev explicitly spelling it out. Also thanks for the background info. I've been keeping an eye on this, haven't played it yet, but I'll keep that in mind when I get around to it.

Reactions: inkalicious

sedin

Apr 14, 2018
I personally do not like this zombie "shit" theme, but this one caught my interest. Looking forward to the next progress!

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
I personally do not like this zombie "shit" theme, but this one caught my interest. Looking forward to the next progress!
OK. Glad you liked it anyway?

To be honest, while they are ever-present, they don't feature regularly. This is more about your relationships within a group, that just happens to be set in a zombie apocalypse.

Reactions: Casual Voyeur

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Just found this project and instantly became a patron
I wonder are you working on 2 games simultaneously? Cause both looks good, but do you have enough resources to develop each separately
Thanks for the support, it's very much appreciated. And a fair question about my available time.

I do have a small amount of time to produce anything. Even that is split into times where I'm either on a simple laptop and can write/code, or be at home and build scenes.
It'd make sense to remain focused and stick to one task, but sometimes the brain doesn't work like that. I like being able to switch tasks. And with everything remaining within Ren'py, and HS with these projects, they do help each other.

I know this is likely to turn off a lot of possible supporters, or anyone who's interested in the work, but I don't pretend it's otherwise.
The Redburns are the priority, with Buttons being a playground in crowdsourcing. They'll update when I'm able to find the time and I'll keep going till they've run their course.

I am going to try to stop writing new projects though.
I have two Kindread completed and two other projects in progress (Buttons and a game called Chronos' Eyrie). And there's still one more Kindread to write, then a final game to bring them together and finish the character's stories.

...Let's revisit this conversation in 5 years time. Maybe 10.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Hi
Are images Ch1_267.jpg and Ch1_268.jpg being used in game and I just can't find path to that scene, or are they extra?
Ha. Someone else mentioned these on the Production thread.

They're from Chapter 2. Let's pretend we didn't seem them, eh?

Last edited:

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Here's a repost from the . Reposted as it's a quick status update on the next release.

Ch2_Marie.jpg

Marie is here to distract you for a while as I build the next chapter.

Chapter 2 will see the beginning of smaller chapters, so that I can release them quicker. This likely doesn't mean monthly releases, but quicker.

And with the holidays in a few weeks, comes a pause in production. After that I'm aiming for January release and, if all goes well, you'll be meeting Marie then. I think you'll like her.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Me likey where dis game is go'in.

At first I thought the MC was just gonna stick his dick in the hole in the beginning (perhaps in the future *wink*), but the story with the Mom and the Sis is very engaging.

Love how the Mom comes out swinging with no bs being just like, "ok you a perv we all know, here are some handy's!"

Love this game! Keep up the good work.

-grammar slain
My favorite parts is when they walk around half naked, flashing and flirting with him but then bitch at him for getting horny. Doesn't make me want to feed them to the horde of zombies at all. lol

cuteelf

Jul 30, 2018
Ha, this turned out to be great, glad the zombies didnt scare me off.

And when i think about it, characters' behaviour kinda makes sense, wierdness considered. Good writing hands down. <3 Sis

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
My favorite parts is when they walk around half naked, flashing and flirting with him but then bitch at him for getting horny. Doesn't make me want to feed them to the horde of zombies at all. lol
Yeah... Things are going to get weirder before they get better.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Ha, this turned out to be great, glad the zombies didnt scare me off.

And when i think about it, characters' behaviour kinda makes sense, wierdness considered. Good writing hands down. <3 Sis
I do wonder how many people haven't bothered playing this due to the zombie content. What are they, scared? Scared their favourite character is going to be turned into a zombie sex toy?

(There are no zombie sex toys in this vn.)

(No... wait...)

(No. There aren't.)

peemf95

Mar 27, 2018
I do wonder how many people haven't bothered playing this due to the zombie content. What are they, scared? Scared their favourite character is going to be turned into a zombie sex toy?

(There are no zombie sex toys in this vn.)

(No... wait...)

(No. There aren't.)

Only zombie "guard dogs" ;)

Reactions: inkalicious

Bogan53

Sep 23, 2017
My first shot at a Zombie themed game and I'm liking where it's going.
I've read this complete tread and so far I haven't seen any reference to how dark everything is.
I know it's an Apocalypse but I'm continually wondering when someone is going to turn the lights on. So dark in some places it's almost unwatchable.
Not sure why and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
Appreciate any feedback.

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes