COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

Last edited:

Lucius Darkmaar

Sep 8, 2018
I'm impressed that the game contains futa characters. I'm bicurious right now but anyways I hope the game succeeds and also the developer (if you reading this message). He's doing a wonderful job; this year will be a great one :)

Kudos :)

Dankihat

Jun 4, 2021
I'm impressed that the game contains futa characters. I'm bicurious right now but anyways I hope the game succeeds and also the developer (if you reading this message). He's doing a wonderful job; this year will be a great one :)

Kudos :)
I agree that the work has been done to an incredible level. I haven't been this worried about the characters and the storyline in a long time.

Kira77

Jun 2, 2017
Is 60 the maximum amount of corruption you can get at the end of the demo at the moment?

Lumari

~Loves Fox girls~
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2018
nice little update i reconze
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
hopfuly the next one is a big story progress or is it going to be a side story chapter
The next side story chapter comes in about 2-4 updates. So the next 2 updates are 100% main story progress~

Is 60 the maximum amount of corruption you can get at the end of the demo at the moment?
I didn't even know we're at 60 already tbh. So most likely yeah. The first corruption ending is coming too in about 2 updates.

Here's the current pre changelog post I made on the discord:

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
The next side story chapter comes in about 2-4 updates. So the next 2 updates are 100% main story progress~

I didn't even know we're at 60 already tbh. So most likely yeah. The first corruption ending is coming too in about 2 updates.

Here's the current pre changelog post I made on the discord:

o no corruptuon endings hopful i make it pass if not good thing i kept a couple diffrent saves around for the diffrnet paths

Prysma

Apr 6, 2022
prequel is mandatory to be played?
As already stated: the game has a glossary that will explain the most important things about the world. The only downside is that you spoil yourself the ending to the prequel and callbacks to events from the first game can seem a bit out of place. But the game is intended to still be understandable without the prequel. It's just a lot of information in the begining. The only downside is one important question coming up in the second mission which deals with something left open from the prequel. (in about 2-3 updates)

Sep 3, 2018
The first game has a true ending.

In which she abandons Rumi, becomes a queen, and has a child with the futa girl, also, she is supposed to be in love with Rumi for that to happen, hence the name. And why Rumi's sister is pissed at the protagonist. Supposedly her mother abandoned her sister, got a child with another woman, killed her sister, and finally named her child after her.
No offense to the author, but that's some straight undiluted bullshit.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely liked Miru, and she'd have been a great LI had there been some genuine time
for closure
and moving on before the Miru romance was supposed to begin and no time for it to even develop and play out.

Bottom line, it feels like the character arc has been railroaded to get the pairing the author wanted instead of flowing naturally from the characters and events. Worse, it feels like a betrayal considering the whole game works so hard to set up Hikari and Rumi as true loves / one true pairing and then pulls a bait and switch on us. Even the ending wallpapers and such that show them together, which were so sweet, showed how much the Hikari / Rumi pairing worked and how beautiful it was and how much emotional weight it carried, only for the author to take that carefully crafted gem and throw it in the toilet.

Honestly, that twist of the knife kinda took the entire wind out of my sails for wanting to continue. Trading an incredibly well-developed romance that covered the bulk of the game's runtime for one that had potential but felt like a tacked on afterthought that took place over the course of an eyeblink is not a fair exchange. Hikari wasn't allowed any time to get over and move on from Rumi and neither was the audience and so I'm still too stuck on her to have much if any motivation to continue without her.

Last edited:

jireir

May 26, 2018
I think you should probably put that in spoilers for any people that may have not played the first game but ended up in this thread.

As for your opinion:

Also I'd heavily suggest that you play Keepers 2: Shattered Realms after all.

chmo45645

Oct 10, 2022
No offense to the author, but that's some straight undiluted bullshit. You can, as I did, go straight from Rumi being her first love and her motivation for everything to losing her and dedicating everything to saving her to being rejected by her and then dying. There's no opportunity for Hikari and Miru to be together without Hikari giving up on Rumi while there's still a chance which is way out of character for how she acts for the entirety of the romance route. It would make sense if there's a gap between defeating Rumi and being rejected by her and finally taking out Tizi which would allow Miru some time to become the new love and for the conception to happen. I can accept Hikari being with Miru after Rumi has closed off any path for them getting back together, but not before. I could also have accepted it if something happened between Hikari and Miru while Rimu was believed dead, but the game just glossed over that time instead and didn't do nearly enough to develop them as a potential couple when there was a chance.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely liked Miru, and she'd have been a great LI had there been some genuine time for Hikari to mourn and get closure and move on in order to give space for things to blossom between her and Miru. It feels like the pacing of the two romances were completely skewed, Rumi getting so much more screen time and in-world time to develop their relationship organically step by step while Miru had virtually no time where Rumi wasn't in the picture. Hikari had only begun to have time for the grieving process (and much of that was stolen from her by the use of the plant girl's powers) before that wound was re-opened by the possibility of Rumi being saved after all and there was zero time for closure and mourning and moving on before the Miru romance was supposed to begin and no time for it to even develop and play out.

Bottom line, it feels like the character arc has been railroaded to get the pairing the author wanted instead of flowing naturally from the characters and events. Worse, it feels like a betrayal considering the whole game works so hard to set up Hikari and Rumi as true loves / one true pairing and then pulls a bait and switch on us. Even the ending wallpapers and such that show them together, which were so sweet, showed how much the Hikari / Rumi pairing worked and how beautiful it was and how much emotional weight it carried, only for the author to take that carefully crafted gem and throw it in the toilet.

Honestly, that twist of the knife kinda took the entire wind out of my sails for wanting to continue. Trading an incredibly well-developed romance that covered the bulk of the game's runtime for one that had potential but felt like a tacked on afterthought that took place over the course of an eyeblink is not a fair exchange. Hikari wasn't allowed any time to get over and move on from Rumi and neither was the audience and so I'm still too stuck on her to have much if any motivation to continue without her.

Reactions: Darth_Meow_504

Prysma

Apr 6, 2022
No offense to the author, but that's some straight undiluted bullshit. You can, as I did, go straight from Rumi being her first love and her motivation for everything to losing her and dedicating everything to saving her to being rejected by her and then dying. There's no opportunity for Hikari and Miru to be together without Hikari giving up on Rumi while there's still a chance which is way out of character for how she acts for the entirety of the romance route. It would make sense if there's a gap between defeating Rumi and being rejected by her and finally taking out Tizi which would allow Miru some time to become the new love and for the conception to happen. I can accept Hikari being with Miru after Rumi has closed off any path for them getting back together, but not before. I could also have accepted it if something happened between Hikari and Miru while Rimu was believed dead, but the game just glossed over that time instead and didn't do nearly enough to develop them as a potential couple when there was a chance.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely liked Miru, and she'd have been a great LI had there been some genuine time for Hikari to mourn and get closure and move on in order to give space for things to blossom between her and Miru. It feels like the pacing of the two romances were completely skewed, Rumi getting so much more screen time and in-world time to develop their relationship organically step by step while Miru had virtually no time where Rumi wasn't in the picture. Hikari had only begun to have time for the grieving process (and much of that was stolen from her by the use of the plant girl's powers) before that wound was re-opened by the possibility of Rumi being saved after all and there was zero time for closure and mourning and moving on before the Miru romance was supposed to begin and no time for it to even develop and play out.

I can't stand Rumi anymore. The "return" was terrible, and her motivation was even worse. All the interactions after the "return" made me lose interest in the character. In fact, in 2, I only make choices that diminish my relationship with Saya[-43] because she's just a 2.0 version of Rumi.

Sep 3, 2018
Thanks to jireir, for the suggestion to add spoiler tags to my post which I have now done. Sorry for not having thought of that myself and I hope I didn't mess up anyone's enjoyment with my thoughtlessness.

I have also taken their advice and gone ahead and forced myself past my discomfort and have gotten deep enough into K2 for the characters to hook me, though my concerns and misgivings remain. The writer / developer still has their talent for making compelling characters and making them easy to get attached to, even if that doesn't always lead to a happy or satisfying outcome as with K1.

I am encouraged by the replies, it's good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. It really feels like the last portion of the game is incredibly rushed and none of the developments are, well, developed. Instead they're just dropped on us and we're expected to accept them even though they turn everything up to that point on its head. There's nothing wrong with a twist, but it can't feel like it comes out of nowhere nor should it lack adequate setup. For a twist to work, it has to feel like it was always that way and just wasn't apparent and once it drops it forces you to reexamine a lot of things that suddenly make sense in the new context, and see them in a new light. Sadly, that's not what happened and instead the twist feels flimsy and contrived. It loses its impact because it doesn't feel believable and the jarring nature of it rips you straight out of the story.

I cannot accept Hikari's sudden about-face on her love for Rumi, nor can I accept Rumi's abrupt change of characterization that essentially rendered her a completely different person for the sake of what feels like a shoehorned excuse to wrangle the plot in a certain direction whether it made sense or not.

Please don't misunderstand, I am not slagging on the author nor am I hating on their game or its story. There's so much good to love here, if there wasn't I wouldn't care enough to write so much about it I'd instead just move on. Trash isn't worth being upset over! Instead what I see here is a gem marred by a fatal flaw, an incredible journey spoiled by what feels to me like an unintended drift off course and a sudden need to course correct with no time to establish it properly. Again, if the characters and their story weren't compelling then it wouldn't matter, it just sucks that it was sooo damned good right until the point it imploded and squandered all that wonderful potential.

If I could give the author advice, I'd say go back and split the prequel into two parts and make the second one focused on the Miru romance and do it in a way that doesn't throw Hikari or Rimu under the bus but instead develops it organically with the same kind of loving care the Rimu romance got. Take chmo45645's suggestion and do things that way, and the objections I and others have would disappear. The story would then live up to its awesome potential, which I think we all want.

Lumari

~Loves Fox girls~
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2018
Thanks to jireir, for the suggestion to add spoiler tags to my post which I have now done. Sorry for not having thought of that myself and I hope I didn't mess up anyone's enjoyment with my thoughtlessness.

I have also taken their advice and gone ahead and forced myself past my discomfort and have gotten deep enough into K2 for the characters to hook me, though my concerns and misgivings remain. The writer / developer still has their talent for making compelling characters and making them easy to get attached to, even if that doesn't always lead to a happy or satisfying outcome as with K1.

I am encouraged by the replies, it's good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. It really feels like the last portion of the game is incredibly rushed and none of the developments are, well, developed. Instead they're just dropped on us and we're expected to accept them even though they turn everything up to that point on its head. There's nothing wrong with a twist, but it can't feel like it comes out of nowhere nor should it lack adequate setup. For a twist to work, it has to feel like it was always that way and just wasn't apparent and once it drops it forces you to reexamine a lot of things that suddenly make sense in the new context, and see them in a new light. Sadly, that's not what happened and instead the twist feels flimsy and contrived. It loses its impact because it doesn't feel believable and the jarring nature of it rips you straight out of the story.

I cannot accept Hikari's sudden about-face on her love for Rumi, nor can I accept Rumi's abrupt change of characterization that essentially rendered her a completely different person for the sake of what feels like a shoehorned excuse to wrangle the plot in a certain direction whether it made sense or not.

Please don't misunderstand, I am not slagging on the author nor am I hating on their game or its story. There's so much good to love here, if there wasn't I wouldn't care enough to write so much about it I'd instead just move on. Trash isn't worth being upset over! Instead what I see here is a gem marred by a fatal flaw, an incredible journey spoiled by what feels to me like an unintended drift off course and a sudden need to course correct with no time to establish it properly. Again, if the characters and their story weren't compelling then it wouldn't matter, it just sucks that it was sooo damned good right until the point it imploded and squandered all that wonderful potential.

If I could give the author advice, I'd say go back and split the prequel into two parts and make the second one focused on the Miru romance and do it in a way that doesn't throw Hikari or Rimu under the bus but instead develops it organically with the same kind of loving care the Rimu romance got. Take chmo45645's suggestion and do things that way, and the objections I and others have would disappear. The story would then live up to its awesome potential, which I think we all want.
First of: I don't know how f95 see's this but this is basicaly a discussion about the first game and this is the thread for the second game. I'm not against you discussing this here but f95 might.

I try to keep myself short here: I do know about the flaws kp1 has and I do want to make a rework. Mostly focusing on the last third of the game (so basicaly everything after the second exam.) Yes I did plan the miru ending right when I started to make the game. It was my first game and my first story so I tested a lot of things and wanted to know what people thought about it.
By now I know that the Rumi x Hikari route is what most people want and it is planned for kp3 which is the finale for "Hikari's" story (Don't worry I won't forget the Miru fans). Speaking of, since you started with kp2 I advice you take a look at the side story in kp2. This is what Jireir wanted you to do if I'm not mistaken cuz of reasons I don't want to spoil.

I basicaly know most of your problems already since most of these point already got brought up on the discord server, and I do plan on working on them once kp2 is finished.

On another note: The next update will be delayed by 1-2 weeks. I have personal issues currently that I need to sort out before I can continue on the game. Already posted that on the discord server 2 days ago.

If there are still questions open that I can answer (without spoiling the story) feel free to ask. Although it could take a while until I look back in here. Thanks for this very well written feedback~

jireir

May 26, 2018
Yes, that's preisely what I wanted Darth Meow to do. Although I would advise to play both the main story and the side story. My interpretation is that

I don't think that you should remake the whole game but bulking up the last third could make it quite a bit better than it already is.

Edit: I'm not up to date with when the next release was supposed to be. I think the updates come out around the end of the month typically so should we expect the next one to come out some time in May?

Reactions: Darth_Meow_504
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes