3.50 star(s) 36 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yep, short update. Previous updates have been much more interesting than this one. This one was a bit more straightforward.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I like the game overall, and at least the download sizes are pretty small relative to other games.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I Like this game but it was definitely shorter, I can see a few possible reason's as to why it is shorter and the main top reason to come to mind is the same as with every other developer that starts with a second or even a third one while they are far from done with the first project. So far he has been doing good, the update was nice but the amount was just disappointing not even going to sugar coat it, He needs to keep the amount just as much as before or slight increase.Once in a while a small update do to IRL reasons can happen no biggy. But I hope this does not start to effect the update sizes.Personally I would have preferred if his second game was either still in writing or somewhere on a blackboard or blueprint form for AFTER finishing Katie and if he needed a new project he could have easily done so by making either 1 or 2 more alternate ending for Hannah or started a new comic but this one on the PREVIOUS life of his second game or better yet, Make a Comic of the previous life and the game at the same time and just focus on finish hannah first before doing it. This in my opinion would have gone a lot better. Might message him about this idea or whatever ill see how the next update turns out for katie before sending him a message and see what can be done.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
From my point of view as a non-patreon, as long as the developer is keeping their patreons happy with the amount of over all output (across whatever projects they are doing) then they should be able to work on whatever they like whenever they like.

Would I like to see more in this game as soon as possible? Yes, like I think most people who like it would.

Do I expect the Developer to listen to my wants, or think that they should? No, as it's their project to do with as they like.

badblonde

Apr 20, 2017
thats the point in the game u dont get a chance to say no ....shes going down the rabbit hole

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Do I expect the Developer to listen to my wants, or think that they should? No, as it's their project to do with as they like.

If they listen to everything doubt it but some of them do take their time to read and take it in to heart and try to do what they can, it is rare but if you never try then you can never expect any results. But if you go about it with your wants then most of em indeed will turn it down, it is more to do and try to think if a situation that could improve ones work that would be satisfactory for both sides that you have to aim for.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
If they listen to everything doubt it but some of them do take their time to read and take it in to heart and try to do what they can, it is rare but if you never try then you can never expect any results. But if you go about it with your wants then most of em indeed will turn it down, it is more to do and try to think if a situation that could improve ones work that would be satisfactory for both sides that you have to aim for.
If the developer is soliciting input, or has a subscription/cash model, I very much expect them to at least consider the input of those supporting his/her game. They don't necessarily have to make changes for every single person supporting the project, but if a large percentage of their supporters aren't liking something, or really want to see a particular element developed within the story, it may be in the best interest of that developer to keep their 'customers' happy.

While avoiding feature creep of course! A fair number of games get bogged down by too many elements being added due to 'popular request'. It's a balancing act, but if the developer isn't willing to listen AT ALL, they do so at their own peril.

Yes, it's their story, but the millisecond they ask for backers, it's not JUST their game, as others have invested in it.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Back to this topic though. I've been enjoying Katie's Corruption up to this point, and look forward to the next update.

That being said, if the game just 'keeps going through the motions' so to speak, now that Katie's been set down this path, yeah that'll be less interesting to me. I'd like to see Katie's story having some significant branches from this point on. Yes, she's obligated, but being able to take some control back by various means, rather than just having to 'go along with things' would be much more interesting.

Say, seducing some prettier young thing that is a freak in the sheets, that the boss will find much more interesting than Katie, allowing Katie to slowly wean the boss off of his attachment to Katie... sure there may be a threesome involved, but if PYT comes with friends... that's just one thought. Maybe Katie comes up with some dirt on boss man and turns the tables... Or maybe her BF figures out what's going on, and arranges for something to happen that allows him to 'reclaim' Katie while getting boss man out of both of their lives... Or, perhaps boss man likes orgies, and drags Katie along. After the usual sex stuff, Katie meets someone there that has power over boss man, who takes a liking to her, and doesn't want to see her life destroyed by boss man. Stuff along those lines would make for an interesting 'forks'.

I'd better 'spoiler' this:

With the 'full corruption' route of course being very much a fork option, for those that want that.

Yes, developing story forks adds to development overhead, but if we get an interesting story with decent replayability options at the end of the process, I don't mind waiting a bit longer for each update.

Reactions: dbp5ca

mav2099

May 28, 2017
Yep, short update. Previous updates have been much more interesting than this one. This one was a bit more straightforward.

I like the game overall, and at least the download sizes are pretty small relative to other games.
Wow, Katie is turning into a skanky ho! Well at least my Katie is ... :p
Mine is too...hehe.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
but the millisecond they ask for backers, it's not JUST their game, as others have invested in it.
I believe that depends on the type of 'backers'.

If the developer created the equivalent of a Kickstarter then yes they do need to listen to the people who invested money into the project/product.
On the other hand if they created the equivalent of a Patreon, then while it is a good idea to generate Goodwill by listening to the views of the people who donated/gifted the money which helps support the developer's activities, the game is still the developer's to do with as they wish.

Aug 7, 2016

For me blond or dark hair was doesnt matter but the fact that she shaved pubic hair is disappointing, why are they all bald? I feels like a pedophile when they are shaved everywhere woman must have some hair :FeelsBadMan:

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Back to this topic though. I've been enjoying Katie's Corruption up to this point, and look forward to the next update.

That being said, if the game just 'keeps going through the motions' so to speak, now that Katie's been set down this path, yeah that'll be less interesting to me. I'd like to see Katie's story having some significant branches from this point on. Yes, she's obligated, but being able to take some control back by various means, rather than just having to 'go along with things' would be much more interesting.

Say, seducing some prettier young thing that is a freak in the sheets, that the boss will find much more interesting than Katie, allowing Katie to slowly wean the boss off of his attachment to Katie... sure there may be a threesome involved, but if PYT comes with friends... that's just one thought. Maybe Katie comes up with some dirt on boss man and turns the tables... Or maybe her BF figures out what's going on, and arranges for something to happen that allows him to 'reclaim' Katie while getting boss man out of both of their lives... Or, perhaps boss man likes orgies, and drags Katie along. After the usual sex stuff, Katie meets someone there that has power over boss man, who takes a liking to her, and doesn't want to see her life destroyed by boss man. Stuff along those lines would make for an interesting 'forks'.

With the 'full corruption' route of course being very much a fork option, for those that want that.

Yes, developing story forks adds to development overhead, but if we get an interesting story with decent replayability options at the end of the process, I don't mind waiting a bit longer for each update.
All great ideas and would add so much to the 'typical' story, of "stupid female is caught and suddenly loses her ability to plan and think when some strange penis is involved". Ugh, those stories are lame. I get some guys like them, maybe they appeal to the powerlessness some men feel or intimidation that a woman may actually have a brain and know how to use it, or severe objectification, but would be nice to see a twist in these stories that the player can use to change the story into something unexpected.

Predictable is bad, period.

Reactions: thedude

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017

These are really great ideas. Hope to see some measure of change in the game like you suggest. Get tired of playing the same thing over and over when it comes to corruption stuff. If you're going corruption then go full corruption, have her in charge and turning the tables on her dad if not her boss. I think your idea of using her dad to strike back at Walker is brilliant.

3.50 star(s) 36 Votes