redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I forgot why I loved/hated the game. Story and images were pretty good. Resource grind was not.

I ended up cheating for resources, though you can do more but you lose out on the other fun. Running this with the game as is helps in adding resources if you don't want to grind through the maps time and time and time and time again.

Spoiler AI is Japanese, though it has an English add on so most of the internal menus are legible. Start up the Meister, then run Spoiler AI and in real time add resources so you can avoid the worst of the grind.
Nice, I played this game once, but the grind made me lose interest somewhere in the middle of the playthrough. I'll try it again with cheats now.

By the way, anyone know if there is any other good game from Eushully translated?

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Added Mirrors ( the patch and udates are in the same zip to save time).

Reactions: Jeffy91

Xavim

Jul 2, 2017
Oh Eushully the glorious bastards who forced me to study japanese in order to play some of their other games. Funny thing is that this is considered one of their bad games. Mainly because the story and characters are a lot weaker than their other games. The art and the gameplay are really good. The grinding can be time consuming and annoying especially if you have to do the same map over and over again. But it's still enyoable so I recommend it to anyone who has the time.
What did you use to learn and was it worth it?

Leonhardt

Jun 22, 2017
What did you use to learn and was it worth it?
Hmm I'm still in the middle of learning so I don't know yet if it was worth it. When it comes to studying language the longer you go the more you get out of it and since I like VN-s it will pay off. As for what I'm using, well I'm only focusing on reading right now so I looked up methods that help with that.

The first thing to study is grammar (knowing katakana and hiragana is needed for this). I read Tae Kim's guide and Japanese The Manga Way to get an overall understanding on how grammar works (I heard Genji is also good). These are really good if you need to look something up later.

After this you can use a text hooker and translator to get each words meaning (there are guides for this) and with the grammar you know, you can put togather the sentence. Since you have to check every word and you have to look up grammar quite often, at the start it will be slow and you will butcher the first few things you read.

That's why the second thing to do is study vocab and the third is kanji. The more of those you know the less you have to look up and you will read faster. For vocab I use an anki deck and make a new card for every new word I encounter, and for kanji I use wanikani which is a paid service.
As I read VN-s I see the same words and grammar over and over so I remember them after a while. Anki and wankiani only help this process.

Honestly this method works well for me but I wouldn't recommend it if you seriously want to learn japanese. What I did is get into reading VN-s as fast as I can so I wouldn't give up on studying.

Reactions: Xavim

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Having an issue that only started happening very recently.
The game creates two or three more instance windows during combat, causing the taskbar to slide in and back out once the fight is over. Needless to say, this is incredibly off-putting.

Things I've tried to no avail:

Opening the game in Window mode and disabling notifications. Doesn't work as it doesn't show in the system tray.
Disabling Aero Peek. Still happens.
Playing the game in Window Mode. No thanks.

theflyingfuck.png
See the screenshot for a good idea of what I'm talking about.
So can anyone suggest what WILL work? I actually can't play it like this.

Auto-hide Taskbar doesn't help because I can STILL see it happening.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017
Well I guess now is as good a time as any to finally try this game out. Thank you for the upload. Are there any prequels to this game that I'm required to play to understand what's going on?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
have that issue with most games
lately
not much you can do except play it in full screen mode
I AM playing it in full screen mode. The taskbar only slides in during combat. As you can see, the taskbar slides in and obscures some of the screen.
I know what it is now. It's the visual effects creating window instances of their own. I wish I knew what I could do about it, though. Turning off Combat Animations in the Configuration stops the taskbar popping in like that, but I like the sprites. There has to be something in Windows that stops it acting like a dick.
@WarlockRichard
Nope. No prequels exist. Everything you need to understand what's going on is explained to you pretty early on.

FIXED!
So I needed to download, install and use K-Lite Codec Pack (Basic), but that's just for starters. When it finished, I needed to run the "Detect and Remove broken Codecs and Filters" function under General -> Fixes. Next, I hopped over to MS Codec Tweaks and disabled everything. Then I went into Preferred Decoders and changed everything I could from "Use Microsoft" to "Use MERIT".
I checked in battle using Servalwi's Snipe attack... No errant extra ActiveMovie windows popping up. I can fully enjoy this game once again.

ACTUALLY FIXED!
The above runs the battle scenes without ActiveMovie butting in. But the animations don't play. However, I didn't give up. I'd had enough, booted up the Codec Tweaker again and hit "Reset". Went back in to re-enable Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder (The first one, there's two for some reason), Apply & Close.
Then I went into General -> Fixes and placed a check mark beside both "Detect and Remove" and "Reregister" options. Apply & Close.
I wasn't expecting this to work, but it did. Imagine my surprise!
Now I can ACTUALLY enjoy this game fully once again.

Last edited:

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Removed Broken links 404 not found for OP

Fed

May 14, 2017
Do you guys play in full screen or windowed? it seems like the native resolution of the pictures aren't the same dimensions of my monitor so when I full screen there is a huge black border all around. I tried the virtual option (not sure what it's supposed to do really) and the game takes up the whole screen but everything is blurry.

EDIT: My game is freezing on the intro video and when I select some items and when I try to pick up the feather in the tutorial it freezes for a while then I can't do anything. I checked the readme for the English patch and it said "Your system's LAV Splitters for handling MPEG movie files are not configured correctly. Reconfigure or disable them." but I have no idea what it's talking about or how to do that. I checked and it seems like a lot of people were having that problem but I can't find a solution, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fed

May 14, 2017
Thank you @Squark, reading your post about how you got your game working helped me fix mine, the info I was looking at was outdated and simply installing k-lite codec pack and updating it seems to have fixed my issue if freezing. I hope that I don't get the same issue you did but if I do I know how to fix it now :).

Heissar

Apr 16, 2018
I've got a problem with NTLEA thingy. Clicked the "download archive" from the link in the head of the thread, downloaded, open it up and see this inside:

No .exe at all, meaning no ntleasWin.exe. The heck? Guess I'll search for a download from a different place or something.

UPDATE: The above is resolved, now I have this:
Tried both running ntleasWin.exe and picking the age.exe via AppPath AND then after copying all the folder contents in the screenshot into game folder and dropping the age.exe onto ntleasWin.exe and clicking Save & Run. Nothing happens. The config window closes and game exe does not starts. I have Windows 10, of course.

I can run game exe by double clicking it, but then it crashes with first text window because, I assume, no Jap locale.

Can anyone help me out and tell me how I can resolve this problem?

Last edited:

Durville

Nov 30, 2017
If anyone is still here, I've got a problem. After the latest windows 10 update (1803), the typesetting has become fucked up: . How can I fix this?

Edit: Already solved by reïnstalling the japanese language pack. The windows update had uninstalled it.

4.50 star(s) 30 Votes