MonkeyFunk

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know what the two settings at the bottom mean?
I can guess that easy mode makes it easier, but wtf is lightweight's doggy style?
1711471379727.png

Knight6797

Jul 26, 2022
2024 and people still put out unanimated games with static pictures.. my god.
I am not saying u are wrong, but u gotta understand how hard it is to actually animate something in contrast to drawing it statically (especially given how the dev does his own art). Commissioning every piece to be animated costs alot, and even live2d requires quite some knowledge to not make it seem "fake animated". I don't necessarily blame devs for not animating, although animated cg's are definitely superior.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
I am not saying u are wrong, but u gotta understand how hard it is to actually animate something in contrast to drawing it statically (especially given how the dev does his own art). Commissioning every piece to be animated costs alot, and even live2d requires quite some knowledge to not make it seem "fake animated". I don't necessarily blame devs for not animating, although animated cg's are definitely superior.
It's really not difficult to get basic animations done. "The Happy Ecchi Roommate Life of a Shonen and Pervy Onesans" (the remake version) is a prime example for this. They didn't animate it with a lot of frames, but switched between pictures with very good looking speeding lines, sound effects and stuff, so that it really felt like they're moving, although it was "just" static pictures.

Also basic animations aren't that difficult to do or time expensive. One can get the illusion going with very few elements.

You could animate one whole static scene with photoshop in ~ 10 minutes. It's really just inpainting a few areas and resizing them across a few frames. That's a common practice.

Knight6797

Jul 26, 2022
It's really not difficult to get basic animations done. "The Happy Ecchi Roommate Life of a Shonen and Pervy Onesans" (the remake version) is a prime example for this. They didn't animate it with a lot of frames, but switched between pictures with very good looking speeding lines, sound effects and stuff, so that it really felt like they're moving, although it was "just" static pictures.

Also basic animations aren't that difficult to do or time expensive. One can get the illusion going with very few elements.

You could animate one whole static scene with photoshop in ~ 10 minutes. It's really just inpainting a few areas and resizing them across a few frames. That's a common practice.
I guess that's a fair argument, maybe can say that to the author over at ci-en and he will include it in an update or something, appearantly he is quite active there answering questions.

Rakasob

Apr 13, 2019
Yeah and remember - GPT-4 is paid. That way no one will translate games at their own expense for people like you.
Well I ain't gonna play this. OP should at least learn English first, I heard dictionaries and various learning resources are free, which shouldn't impact his income, and time shouldn't be a problem, considering he wasted time on this "translation".

Reactions: sanshisan
Mar 6, 2022
One of those rare cases which made me run to the DLsite at mach 20 and buy the game.
"If anything happens to her, I will kill everyone in that room and then myself"/10.

popober

Jun 9, 2017
I sure hope the description isn't representative of the translation.

DBongus

Jun 13, 2017
Yeah it's common practice and it looks like shit most of the time
I have a really hard time understanding why you "people" insist on games having animations and dismiss anything that doesn't have them.

3.30 star(s) 8 Votes