Japanese company「ILLUSION」dies. They are ceasing game development and publishing.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
But why purge all their games off Steam and FAKKU??? Why hcange their company name??? This is what's bugging me.
Like I stated previously in this thread, random people have no way of knowing what is really going on internally, there are hundreds of reasons for this move that we just can't be privy off.

So stop guessing and being bugged by it, instead enjoy they are still going.

JupitersSon

Mar 9, 2020
whats yhe original company name??

edit: oh so its Illusion??
we got JEBAITED!!??

well hope translators can help us on this game since they go "just Japanese" company..
I'm hoping a company like Kagura Games picks it up and translates it for a western audience.

Reactions: ermousa

kintarodev

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
Given the recent news, my guess its that this might be similar to the GAINAX/GAINA or any other questionable branch-clone situation. It's likely just a restructuring with a lot of misinterpreted information circulating. In any case, I'm surprised to see so much criticism of their products even in this thread.

zofpbo

Apr 19, 2020
イリュージョン @ILLUSION_staff

【お知らせ】 平素はILLUSIONをご利用頂き誠にありがとうございます。 ILLUSIONに後継会社はございません。 類似商品にご注意ください。 よろしくお願いいたします。 #イリュージョン
Aug 18, 2023

【Announcement】Thank you for using ILLUSION. ILLUSION has no succeeding company. Please be aware of similar products. Thank you.

caffeine_overdose

Jul 14, 2023
Moving from simulators of having a girlfriend and living in the city with her to simulators of whores and brothels.

I don't exactly see that as a change for the better xDDDDDDDD

Ju-in

Nov 29, 2022
After reading Yuki Portal today, I think they stop Illusion due to new Japanese laws. Supposed illegal to play Illusion game outside Japan when Honey Select came first. But then last year Illusion sell Honey Select and AI Shoujo on Steam. Today now they stop that all.

Heard also Illusion scared about Europe players make loli charactar and go to prison--blow back on them. So they run like shit.

Who know and cares really

botardo

Oct 28, 2019
I only played illusion games so far - can anyone recommend some other AAA games/studios such as Illusion's, without fantasy but realistic graphics?