Japanese company「ILLUSION」dies. They are ceasing game development and publishing.

standbygames

Mar 13, 2018
Let's hope they have the same hands off, don't ask don't tell attitude as illusion did when it comes to people making games with their games' graphics. That or offer a xxx$ fee for an official license to use their assets so you can put your games on steam. That would be pog.

boulder5

Jul 30, 2023
Some of Marcos mods are already included in BR.
Thanks for the responses. I went ahead with the Better Repacks and am happy with how seamless it was. I only tried it briefly, but I do not believe I saw the full VR mod for KKS within the files. It seems I may have to hunt down that specific mod then.

boulder5

Jul 30, 2023

They changed the company name lol

and a new game is coming soon.

View attachment 2824141
That is good news!
I kind of wished they hinted at their plans for a name change or rebrand sooner though instead of giving their fans a heart attack >_<
While I am glad that Illusion games will live on as ILLgames, it's still disappointing that they'll be purging their old games -_-

Reactions: ermousa

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
That is good news!
I kind of wished they hinted at their plans for a name change or rebrand sooner though instead of giving their fans a heart attack >_<
While I am glad that Illusion games will live on as ILLgames, it's still disappointing that they'll be purging their old games -_-
I agree with this, illusion games was a great company, but now it is just going to seem like an illusion now that the company is no longer supported.

Reactions: boulder5

Artemissu

Sep 17, 2021
Wait, so the company isn't dying at all, just changing name?!

But i have a feeling that their games will be much smaller in scope, though. Also the fact their new games are now exclusive to japan makes me kinda worried. Feels like they're backing out of the international market and coming back to what they originally were in the 2000s, a japanese-only company :T

Apr 29, 2018
I have my doubts this is really a case of Illusion throwing away an established brand just to restart as Illgames (I mean, sure, we all knows it's Illusion, but new customers moving forward won't). I've read some speculation that it was to get out of some sort of contractual agreement to make AA3, but that's not how contracts work; unless there was a really weird clause that allows Illusion to not pay the penalty for breaching the contract in the event they shut down (which no decent contract lawyer would write, that's literally asking to be scammed), the penalty would be listed as a debt they have to pay off as part of the winding-down process. Trying to shift assets from Illusion to Illgames in an attempt to dodge this would just result in a lawsuit.

Now this is going to be largely speculative on my part, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but if Yoshimura Tei was the sole proprietor of Illusion (I don't know how Japan's business registration lookup works, what I can find isn't telling me much at all), it's possible that he's retiring and it was cheaper and easier to simply "fire" everyone, pay the termination bonuses, and have the successor company rehire everyone, than it would've been to go through the process/fees/taxes of transferring ownership of the company and the company bank account to someone else.

Also have to keep in mind Illusion was founded 30 years ago, there have been a lot of business and banking regulation changes since the 90s (especially after the 2008 financial crisis); it could also be a case where Illusion no longer met current requirements, but was allowed to operate due to grandfathering exemptions (can't cancel or force all of the businesses to update at the same time, that'd piss off a lot of old business owners and swamp the government offices with paperwork), and when it came time to transfer ownership too many legal hurdles came up.

Schulth

Dec 22, 2021
Hopefully its got some more darker stuff to do to the girls like there was in Honey Select 2. Koikatsu is good but all too lovey dovey...

• Angry
Reactions: ermousa

Schulth

Dec 22, 2021
Is there a new thread for that game on the forum yet? I wanted to follow and join the thread...

caffeine_overdose

Jul 14, 2023
I don't know man, It just seems koikatsu party, but in a hotel, like honey select.

Maybe they will add threesome with 2 male.
No, thanks. Just with the one of the MC should be enough.
If someone needs to see more than one ... I have some bad news :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 2828087
I think we can expect that for now
Sigh, god dammit. Illgames going full ESG route.
They moved away from the GF motorway to the brothel + harlots secondary road.

Just only one more thing and it will be fully confirmed.

Last edited:

Ju-in

Nov 29, 2022
This legal hoopa for them close first reopen as new Illgames.

HoneyCome same unfinish regurgitate crap modder must work later to make worth buy

Here them
aae6a555d3.jpg
Here modder
modder0.png
modder00.png
Which you wanna do in pussy
Illusion fuck stupid

Last edited:

Artemissu

Sep 17, 2021
Did I get jebaited?
We were all jebaited, it seems. ILLUSION only died to the west, they are still very much alive considering the last posts here... Problem is, they are returning to their roots as a japanese-only company, meaning their new games should only be sold to the japanese market... Just how they used to be back in the 2000s...

Looks like it'll be up to our eyeptached friends to bring their games to us again, and our translator friends to translate them to english. In other words, nothing has really changed i guess, it's always been like this :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ermousa and Schulth

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
We were all jebaited, it seems. ILLUSION only died to the west, they are still very much alive considering the last posts here... Problem is, they are returning to their roots as a japanese-only company, meaning their new games should only be sold to the japanese market... Just how they used to be back in the 2000s...

Looks like it'll be up to our eyeptached friends to bring their games to us again, and our translator friends to translate them to english. In other words, nothing has really changed i guess, it's always been like this :ROFLMAO:
Their new game already has english translation included in it...