Japanese company「ILLUSION」dies. They are ceasing game development and publishing.

Someone

Jun 3, 2017
This is sad news.
Illusion was somehow a crappy software house that still managed to create a kind of unique niche in the hentai market.
For some reason there is no other company making the same kind of games. I'm worried for the indy/patreon developers. I actually preferred illusion style games to the DAZ crap. Also it was the best to make 3D games with an anime style.

Someone

Jun 3, 2017
Any official reason why they're shutting down? :unsure:
They always been a poor company struggling to survive. And their last game was a total fail.

WE NEVER GOT ARTIFICAL GIRL 4
This was basically AI-shojo. For every purpose and intent is a artificial girl game.

Sad. If they made the games people actually wanted instead of funneling out things no one asked for maybe they would still be around.
They ended relying too much on their "studios". To the point the main game almost felt like a side dish. Also when they abandoned their own engine everything gone for the worst. Their games became hella heavy despite a very basic content and graphics. Unity is a scourge in the hands of people that don't know how properly use it. It actually killed what could have been their best game "sexy beach premium resort".

mmdx

Sep 24, 2020
Any official reason why they're shutting down? :unsure:
They explained in the announcement on steam
We have explored various directions for the continuation of our business, and we regret to inform you that we will not be able to continue,
We regret to inform you that we have decided that it will be difficult to continue our business.
We would like to express our deepest gratitude for your kindness and support over the years and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this announcement may cause.

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
This is the news on their website:

Notice of ILLUSION Activity Termination
Thank you for your continued patronage of our products.

We have decided to terminate development and sales of our products as of August 18, 2023.

We would like to express our deepest gratitude to our customers who have patronized our products and sincerely apologize for this announcement.

In accordance with the termination of our activities, the following services will also be closed sequentially.

July 14: Suspension of weekly updates to the official website
Mail member contents update ends
August 1: Sales of official mail order download version products will end.
August 18: End of sales of packaged products for official mail order
Sales of downloadable products from other stores will end.
Sales of Steam products will end
Official Support Ended
Update file distribution ends
Pre-order bonus distribution ended
Uploader service ended
Email membership content distribution ended
Youtube account suspended
Twitter account suspended
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and ask for your understanding. Thank you very much for your support and encouragement over the years.

Translated with (free version)

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
I feel like starting sometime around Jinkou Gakuen 2 they started making character creators instead of games. Pretty picture, maybe, and barebones gameplay underneath. From that perspective, this has been a long time coming, since they stopped making "games" a while back. And, whilst there is little good news in this, at the end of the day my reaction is an overwhelming "Oh no! Anyway".

Aledarok

Nov 4, 2017
I'm sure they closed down, because they didn't have enough sales to survive, it's easy to realize when you see that their last games were just clones with different names, they were just trying to save costs. And yes, another company closed thanks to piracy. This is sad, I grew up with their games.

• Wow
Reactions: SergeantDauterive

Artemissu

Sep 17, 2021
Well shit, the hentai gaming industry just took a massive blow with this announcement. Say what you want about ILLUSION, they had a lot of problems for sure, but their games were still top-notch quality compared to most...

Thankfully, we have the amazing world that is Skyrim, Fallout and The Sims modding (especially the latter), which puts a lot of ILLUSION games to shame, so maybe it's not all that bad lol