• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

It's time to pick the best story teller.... (2 votes per user)

who's the best story teller ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Thanks for the kind words! I'm not trying to sell myself short at all. I've mentioned this before but Personal Trainer was meant to be a practice project. Learn everything from scratch then make game #2 properly. The story was loosely put together so that I could focus on learning the technical side. (Oh God, those 0.1 renders were straight out of a horror movie). I never expected it to pick up the traction that it did.

So when I say my story is not on par with these great devs, it's not coming from a place of low self esteem. Quite the opposite. I know my abilities so the fact that you guys enjoy this silly story even though there was no planning other than "MC pretends to be gay, joins a women's gym, lol let's do it", you'll be in for a treat when I actually plan out the next game.

Which you can tell in PT, the game doesn't take itself seriously. It's all just light hearted fun while I develop my technical skill. Of course now I've been working on structure so we can start hitting the mid-game soon and land this plane with a strong finish.

The next game I've already started planning. You'll get to experience my writing at 100% rather than the casual affair we see now. Shooting for summer 2020. Refined characters, well structured story, and humor closely related to dark comedies like "In Bruges". For my personal entertainment, I've decided to accept the challenge of taking on outplayed genres in a direction non of you have yet to experience. I'll be having a great time doing it.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Love to see threads that focus on the story for a change!
Sad that I only have two votes as it is incredible hard to only choose two of these incredible devs here. All of the people here have amazing story telling skills. Just with different styles.
I love your style, but you are right, there are many different types of game in this poll. It was difficult to choose a second vote.

The next game I've already started planning. You'll get to experience my writing at 100% rather than the casual affair we see now. Shooting for summer 2020. Refined characters, well structured story, and humor closely related to dark comedies like "In Bruges". For my personal entertainment, I've decided to accept the challenge of taking on outplayed genres in a direction non of you have yet to experience. I'll be having a great time doing it.
Looking forward to it! In Bruges is one of my favourite films! I suppose that means I'll have to keep backing you for at least another year then :rolleyes::unsure:

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
almost all polls(especially like these: "best ...") should have an "others" option because you might have missed/not played or for personal tastes not included a particular game in the list.
i personally think GRAY (NOTvil) should be in this one :))

Last edited:

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
It was hard voting and than i only picked one before seeing you could pick two.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I find them hard to judge together, and also the list being too limited. Too many different types of stories/genres to compare against each other.
This is just a small smattering of good stories that is too hard to say just these are the best.

Notty with Heavy Five is certainly in top regards for a sci-fi story set in space but I wouldn't have her be alone there. Starship Inanna by the Maddocs would be certainly up there with her.

For Earth bound Sci-fi then of course Philly with COBD.

Fantasy you have Belle with LLTP and Sierra with The Last Sovereign

Story Premise with the Deluca Family, and when it was being made Love and Submission

Reincarnotica first episode was a huge setup for something really interesting and then chapter 2 kind of throws all of that away.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I'm surprised more people didn't vote for CheekyGimp. He's got my vote (though it was a tough call between him and Philly).

Where The Heart Is is an amazingly fun story with all the goods: comedy, drama, mystery, and romance. While it is lacking in the suspense/action category, they likely wouldn't fit into the story anyway. The writing isn't perfect grammatically speaking, but the storytelling is superb and keeps me completely immersed.

The game has my vote, no ragrets.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I'm surprised more people didn't vote for CheekyGimp. He's got my vote (though it was a tough call between him and Philly).

Where The Heart Is is an amazingly fun story with all the goods: comedy, drama, mystery, and romance. While it is lacking in the suspense/action category, they likely wouldn't fit into the story anyway. The writing isn't perfect grammatically speaking, but the storytelling is superb and keeps me completely immersed.

The game has my vote, no ragrets.
Who got your other vote?

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Who got your other vote?
Alright, so I voted for 2 now...

It was a really tough choice between PhillyGames and Dr.PinkCake, but PinkCake botched AL's ending so, so hard that I can't bring myself to vote for him... and Philly has enough votes already so I'm voting for Sumodeine :ROFLMAO:. Besides, he's a close second and up there with the best of them nipping at their heels.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Alright, so I voted for 2 now...

It was a really tough choice between PhillyGames and Dr.PinkCake, but PinkCake botched AL's ending so, so hard that I can't bring myself to vote for him... and Philly has enough votes already so I'm voting for Sumodeine :ROFLMAO:. Besides, he's a close second and up there with the best of them nipping at their heels.
Could I interest in you in our lady and saviour, Nottravis ?