VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
First time I played, I named the MC Alex. That turned out slightly confusion at first.
Yeah I used to use one of the names I used to use when I played mmo's to avoid this but looked a bit to weird so I stopped. Luckily only seen my name come up once and it was from a minor character

Reactions: Jarulf

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Yeah I used to use one of the names I used to use when I played mmo's to avoid this but looked a bit to weird so I stopped. Luckily only seen my name come up once and it was from a minor character
I only had a conflict in one VN, and it was when my default character name ended up the the real name of one of the antagonists. Fortunately, the WT mod had just upgraded to allow for a name change, otherwise I'd have had to use URM, go into the scripts files. or speed-run from the beginning.

Reactions: badtimetales

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I only had a conflict in one VN, and it was when my default character name ended up the the real name of one of the antagonists. Fortunately, the WT mod had just upgraded to allow for a name change, otherwise I'd have had to use URM, go into the scripts files. or speed-run from the beginning.
The name I'm currently using for my F95 avatar -- and most of my AVNs -- is something I made up on one of those silly farcebook "put these two things together in this strange way to make your whatever name" and I thought it was cool. I've never seen it anywhere else, so I'm not having any of those problems.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Alex or Alexander has been my go to name for several years now, but it does crop up occasionally in games. And much confusion ensures.

Reactions: AlexMpog

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
Alex or Alexander has been my go to name for several years now, but it does crop up occasionally in games. And much confusion ensures.
I've been naming MC Alex almost all the time, so sometimes it gets confusing and I have to re-run, apparently Alex is a quite popular name for both female and male characters in a games))) so far only 1 game checked me when I named MC - Eternum, the game told me to fuck off with this name right away:) smth like "there is already a char with this name..."

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarulf

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
My first name was quite popular, I think I had three other guys in class (elementary school) with it, so I'm used to it :rolleyes::LOL:

the game told me to fuck off with this name right away:) smth like "there is already a char with this name..."
Interesting idea, but... Isabella, Isa, Bella. Think I need more than one check.

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
I tend to just stick with whatever the default name is these days, saves the annoyance of running into another character with the same name. If there is no default name, then I just call them 'MC'. It doesn't feel weird because that could be someone's initials. :cool:

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
I tend to just stick with whatever the default name is these days, saves the annoyance of running into another character with the same name. If there is no default name, then I just call them 'MC'. It doesn't feel weird because that could be someone's initials. :cool:
Well, I saw in some threads that people call MC smth like "PussyDestroyer", "SexMaster" or "FuckFace" etc) so it's a matter of taste I guess

though it's hard to immerse myself into the story when you play with "PussyDestroyer" in a game:) but that's only me.

Interesting idea, but... Isabella, Isa, Bella. Think I need more than one check.
also Alex, Alexandra, and let's not forget about Zeus and Jinx;) a lot I would say

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
Izzy too probably. I always felt this while reading Russian classics, they all have 3 names. Shortened form for each names, one or two nicknames coming from physical or behavioural thing for each character then at least 100 different character even for small novels. :LOL:

Well, I saw in some threads that people call MC smth like "PussyDestroyer", "SexMaster" or "FuckFace" etc) so it's a matter of taste I guess

though it's hard to immerse myself into the story when you play with "PussyDestroyer" in a game:) but that's only me.
I have one dedicated name for AVNs, Bigus Dickus. If I can rename the MC, I do. :)

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017

Yeah that's why I stopped using mmo names like Dessolos feels so out of place.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The little bit I know about coding, couldn't you do that with one "If | Or if | ... | Then" and just have as many "or if"s as you have known main char names?

BTW, my favorite is from Bare Witness:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
My first name was quite popular, I think I had three other guys in class (elementary school) with it, so I'm used to it
My name seems to be one of those that aren't very popular, and I never knew anyone with it as a kid. It's not a strange name or anything, just not all that common.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Luckily for me my while my name is decently common ive seen ive seen more people with the nickname versions of my name than my actual name.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I always name the mc in these games Josh. That's my name after all.

Also, dudes I have to be a horny pervert for a second.
I would watch Alex masturbating on her bed and while she is doing that I would get as close as possible so I can hear her fingers sliding into her delectable vagina and after she finishes she will stuck her fingers in my mouth.

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes