VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I know this is silly, 'cause there's only so-many assets out there ... I guess the more I play the more I'm going to recognize from other games ...
I could kitbash environments nobody will recognize.
Did it two times by now, because there wasn't one that would fit what I wanted to show (the shelter and the warehouse complex).
But that's taking a lot of time and is really not productive, especially when it comes to one time scenes.

For a new game I would take a week or two to do that for the main environments.
But for Isa it's too late :/

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Did it two times by now, because there wasn't one that would fit what I wanted to show (the shelter and the warehouse complex).
But that's taking a lot of time and is really not productive, especially when it comes to one time scenes.

I didn't mean to make that a critique ... Its not even the first time I've noticed. None of those other devs did that much with their versions of the environment (although LoF did add a stage to the background of that set). That was more a testament to the excess of time I've been spending in this space that I can recognize so many.

I'm really enjoying the game btw ... unfortunately I think I'm nearly caught up. Hopefully not ^_^

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

Eh, the park asset is now legendary. All the mcs from all the games go to that park to chill out :KEK:

Jan 26, 2024
I normally don't like AVNs where you start is a relationship already, but this game I started already knowing I wanted Alex, so did got a free pass.

What I don't like is being "forced" to break up a relationship than I did not started. Race of Life had that and I was forced to break the heart of the girl because this. I think is worse for people who try to roleplay the game and not just follow the story from outside.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
I normally don't like AVNs where you start is a relationship already, but this game I started already knowing I wanted Alex, so did got a free pass.

What I don't like is being "forced" to break up a relationship than I did not started. Race of Life had that and I was forced to break the heart of the girl because this. I think is worse for people who try to roleplay the game and not just follow the story from outside.
You aren't forced to break up with Alex. I never did.

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes