CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Another dev worth observation
Definitely. Ptolemy does great work. I supported him for months on Patreon before my economy changed. Dreaming of Dana is one of the better Ren'Py games out there, and I have high hopes for this game too.

I think I will alternate choices between bold and timid with the D to see what happens.
Doing a mix between two or more routes in games usually leads to getting locked out of too much content, as hidden score is usually what makes various events happen (Ass & Boob points in DmD being an example of this)
You probably know this already, but I wouldn't recommend doing too much of that to people only planning to play the game through once or twice

Reactions: Ignazzio

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Definitely. Ptolemy does great work. I supported him for months on Patreon before my economy changed. Dreaming of Dana is one of the better Ren'Py games out there, and I have high hopes for this game too.

Doing a mix between two or more routes in games usually leads to getting locked out of too much content, as hidden score is usually what makes various events happen (Ass & Boob points in DmD being an example of this)
You probably know this already, but I wouldn't recommend doing too much of that to people only planning to play the game through once or twice
But I nether like timid or bold and if I miss out of a lot of content then I will not be playing it for to long.
If this game must be timid or bole then it is not for me.

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
If this game must be timid or bole then it is not for me.
Hopefully most events will trigger because of the choices being made in the game, not only "bold" and "timid" points. I was just speaking out of experience, as I usually play a game a second time following the walkthrough after I've played a game once, to see what I've been missing.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Hopefully most events will trigger because of the choices being made in the game, not only "bold" and "timid" points. I was just speaking out of experience, as I usually play a game a second time following the walkthrough after I've played a game once, to see what I've been missing.
I normally play 3-5 times before I look at a walkthroug and will do the same here but if it must be one or the other then it will not be on my play list.

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Thank you, @Ptolemy for another great update.
I can confirm that the game threw a few errors when I continued the game from a v0.20 save.
Both were about variables not being initialized
The first one was in the end of day 5 about chrisgoestomattvar and the second one popped up in the morning of day 6 about the already mentioned christinematt2
Rolled the game back on both cases, checked out your script, found the initialization point there and set a boolean value to them on debug console to pass those checkpoints.
You what? Could you elaborate on what you did, exactly? I'd love to get past the errors. There's no point in playing this game, since the bug prevents you from playing further than the previous version. Thanks!

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
You what? Could you elaborate on what you did, exactly? I'd love to get past the errors. There's no point in playing this game, since the bug prevents you from playing further than the previous version. Thanks!
If you don't want to wait for his response; It takes about 3 minutes to skip through ALL of the text by hitting tab (Yes, I tried) :)

Ptolemy

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2017
He means pressing shif+o and typing "$ christinematt2 = False".
But pressing ignore should work with no problem. The script will just move to the "else" option.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
But pressing ignore should work with no problem. The script will just move to the "else" option.
Here is another place that it is a little hard to read but this time I could read it after moving closer to the screen.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Led

Jul 16, 2017
V
Unfortunately, neither options work. Pressing Ignore takes me back to the main menu. typing "Chrisgoestomattvar=False" or "christinematt2=False" doesn't seem to do anything, either.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Played all the way through and did bold all the way and got to the end without any problems.
Now to go try timid all the way through and see what happens. ( I am going to hate myself but I have to know.)

morpheusahrms

Sep 11, 2017
V

Unfortunately, neither options work. Pressing Ignore takes me back to the main menu. typing "Chrisgoestomattvar=False" or "christinematt2=False" doesn't seem to do anything, either.
Same here, just tried it with no result too.

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Guys, you're using way too much time and energy trying to fix a save-game bug, when it seriously only takes 3 minutes to skip through the whole game using the tab key. I've tried:)

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Every update of a game I always start a new game and maybe why I did not run into this bug being talked about here.

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Guys, you're using way too much time and energy trying to fix a save-game bug, when it seriously only takes 3 minutes to skip through the whole game using the tab key. I've tried:)
Obviously, you didn't get the bug, since you can't TAB past the bug.

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Obviously, you didn't get the bug, since you can't TAB past the bug.
Or did you mean you restarted the game, so you didn't get the bug? Hmm, worth a try. I'll report later on how it went.

edit: Yup, that works, thanks!

Last edited:

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Every update of a game I always start a new game and maybe why I did not run into this bug being talked about here.
These guys probably just want to get to the new material though :)

I can understand that it's a pain with game breaking save-game bugs in larger games when you just want to get to the new material, but this game isn't long enough for this to be a problem. I watched the clock while skipping through the game, and it only took 3 minutes. If you're wasting an hour trying to fix the bug, or giving up on a game completely because you can't skip content for 3 minutes, you're doing it wrong :D

Or did you mean you restarted the game, so you didn't get the bug? Hmm, worth a try. I'll report later on how it went.
Yes, sorry I wasn't clear enough. I started the game fresh, and hit tab to skip text :)

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Both the bold and the timid routes are very close to the same but for minor convo changes so far, all action in bold is in timid.

In bold W pushes the guy away at the gym and in timid she goes to the building the guy from the gym lives in and then runs away.

D still tells her BF to shut the fuck up and is no differences in convo's with him.

D in bold they watch romance movie and nothing happens but in timid her breast falls out of her shirt because of watching the horror movie.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
As far as I remember there were missable scenes in previous version so it can't be that all actions are the same in my opinion. It might require some sort of a mix

3.50 star(s) 50 Votes