• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Inevitable Relations [v0.1b] [KinneyX23]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
It's really quite simple, I don't really get money for making the game, so it's gonna be done when it's done. That said though I released an ALPHA on my Discord server, that should give players an idea what Chapter 1 of IR will be like.

I'm not gonna be able to get it done this year, but I really hope it's done in Q1 of 2022. Once that's done IR will most likely also be released on Steam alongside itch.io.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Yeah, not sure when the full Day 1 release will be, because it's going to be HUGE compared to what IR was before. The release now is only a fraction of what Day 1 will actually be.

Like I said in the Dev Log on itch, the current release was already a huge amount of work even if it only has 183 renders. And yeah yeah I know more than 2 years and only 183 renders. I'm still only doing this as a hobby. I know it doesn't sound like much, but all renders are new, the code is completely different, the game has a lot of new features and sooooo much more to come. Like I mentioned I already have another 100 renders in the pipeline that are ready for release, but I really wanted to have buffer for when I might not be able to release something for a while. :)

Oh also, please don't confuse this version with the old one. It's not just the old Day 1 with fancy new images. It's completely different to everything that the old IR was, while still following the initial story.

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
I really like your game, but, in this remastered version, will we still be able to choose between a pure lesbian path or are we forced to have relationships with guys?

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
I really like your game, but, in this remastered version, will we still be able to choose between a pure lesbian path or are we forced to have relationships with guys?
Yeah nah, that will never happen. If you want to play Beth as a lesbian then you can, same goes for Eva.

Almost everything that said about the old IR regarding the story and how you can play the game still applies.

Higurashika

Nov 15, 2018
Finally could play the new verison and... it's weird. Maybe it's just me, but I can't read colored thoughts of characters. With this font it looks terrible and really hard to read. The story seems rushed, it seems like every character in the family likes incest and wants to fuck with each other but they act very prude for no reason. First version of the game was amazingly balanced between lewd thoughts and actions and the desire of characters toward each other. Hidden desire. And there was a family secret involved. But now it seems like it's not a secret at all. I dunno. Well cooked suspense, which was in previous version is gone. Now it's full of ridiculous scenes like we have at the police station. It's like KinneyX23 can't decide what game he develops: serious and dark or funny and absurd; should characters deny their forbidden desires or should they start orgy right now.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Finally could play the new verison and... it's weird. Maybe it's just me, but I can't read colored thoughts of characters. With this font it looks terrible and really hard to read. The story seems rushed, it seems like every character in the family likes incest and wants to fuck with each other but they act very prude for no reason. First version of the game was amazingly balanced between lewd thoughts and actions and the desire of characters toward each other. Hidden desire. And there was a family secret involved. But now it seems like it's not a secret at all. I dunno. Well cooked suspense, which was in previous version is gone. Now it's full of ridiculous scenes like we have at the police station. It's like KinneyX23 can't decide what game he develops: serious and dark or funny and absurd; should characters deny their forbidden desires or should they start orgy right now.
I really don't know how to respond to that, because I think you got a completely wrong idea of what's going on. Beth always joked about Charlie's "obsession", even in the old version. Eva was always struggling with her feelings towards Charlie, it just didn't really show in the old version. Trust me though the secret you're talking about is and was never what people thought.

I always knew exactly what I wanted to do with IR and the idea is still the same. I just couldn't implement that when I started with making it. Yeah sure there are now more lewd scenes than before, but that doesn't mean that it's gonna be just another game with one lewd scene after another. It will still be story driven. Like I said a couple of times now, what is there right now is only a small part of what the full release will be.

As for the text, that's why you can change the opacity of the textbox in preferences. ;)

Reactions: afterlights

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
There's a new version? Reading the SS posts, is Dark Fate Chronicles a different game?

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
Well, I liked then original. Is it not for the $10 tier yet? (Just subscribed learning here about a new version.)

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Oh right, I still got Subscribestar. ^^ I genuinely forgot about that, but you can get it for $2.99 on itch.

Edit: Posted the links and an explanation of what Day 1 0.1 is on Subscribestar now.

Last edited:
Reactions: afterlights

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Oh right, I still got Subscribestar. ^^ I genuinely forgot about that, but you can get it for $2.99 on itch.

Edit: Posted the links and an explanation of what Day 1 0.1 is on Subscribestar now.
Almost forgot about this one. Good luck on the overhaul.

Reactions: KinneyX23

Higurashika

Nov 15, 2018
As for the text, that's why you can change the opacity of the textbox in preferences.
Sadly it doesn't help. White text of dialogs is ok, colored - meh.
I think you got a completely wrong idea of what's going on
It's not about what, it's about how; it's about the way characters interract with each other. I wait full 1st day to clearly understand your vision. Maybe I'm wrong indeed and this "demo" somehow confused me.
Trust me though the secret you're talking about is and was never what people thought.
Again, it wasn't about the secret itself, it was about suspense. And what we got now? Eva knows, her friend knows, Beth and Alex know... too many people who know, don't you think? :)

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Again, it wasn't about the secret itself, it was about suspense. And what we got now? Eva knows, her friend knows, Beth and Alex know... too many people who know, don't you think? :)
Know what exactly though? ;)
That's the main point here, nobody ever said that it's the same thing.

Reactions: Higurashika
4.10 star(s) 10 Votes