VN Ren'Py Abandoned Inevitable Relations [v0.1b] [KinneyX23]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Well let's just say, she is bisexual, but that doesn't mean, that she is necessarily into Charlie. ;)
And if we're talking about gay females, then although Beth is not, Alex is. But that's it, when I talk about, it's entirely up to you. You will be able to decide, if you want a relationship with Beth's son, or not. Or rather, if you want her to do anything sexual with him, but let me tell you, it will be more difficult, than pursuing such relationship with Eva.

pootin

Aug 24, 2016
well its a way more enjoyable to play a female protagonist, if theres is a real homosexual (lesbian) character. it would be really refreshing if theres at least a side-character which ultimately to have sex or a romance with males, even if you choose to play in a straight (in this case: romancing charly) way.:D

Last edited:

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
My only substantive complaint is that the writing is confusing. The female main character is referred to as "he" several times, for example. On a more minor note, I'll chime in against the punky hair. Not only does it not look good on a woman past a certain age, not every lesbian convert has to look like a Tumblr-tard. Not even a butchy one.

Other than that, I like the concept. Not enough adult game female protagonists out there with two brain cells to rub together. An older, assertive woman with a lesbian harem is certainly pushing boundaries in a direction I like. :)

Reactions: pootin

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
@Olivia_V
Don't worry, the hair is almost gone. But where I referred to Beth as a he, I really don't know.
Anyway, she's not a lesbian. I know, some of you think, she left her husband, to live with a woman. She's even married to that woman, so she has to be a lesbian.
But, it's not as simple as that. I really would love to, get into more specifics about Beth's previous relationship, but I can't, without giving too much away.

Anyway, I'm finishing the last render for the new version, which hopefully works now and my System doesn't decide to use the CPU mid through the render again. If everything works out, the update should be uploaded in about an hour.

But before that, that's the changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And another preview for the new version:
beth_flirt.png
Which is by the way my favorite image from the update. ^^

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
I'm very interested to see more of this story and the character's development after this introductory phase.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Okay, now thanks to some tips from Sam, there is a Patreon page for the game. As I've said, it will always be free and I won't charge anything for the game. At first I didn't want to create a Patreon page, but in the end, I bought a whole lot of assets and build a system especially for making that game. So my expanses where really high, without even starting the game.

I hope, through kindness in your heart you will support this project. Also I added just two tiers, a 1$ tier and a 5$ tier, which is limited to 10 people. If you want to support the game, you will have the chance to get the newest version a few days earlier and you'll have the chance to help shaping the content, by participating in polls.

So if you want to help:

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I just wanted to stop in and say you are doing a really good job so far with everything and I think game will turn pretty good once it gets further on in development(since hell lets be honest it is already better than 80% of the non English as first language stuff out there just from a story point.)

Let me just give you some advice as a random guy lurking and since I'm already seeing people try it in this topic, just remember man(or woman!) at the end of the day it is your creation, not random begger on the internet's, I'm sure you've seen long enough in these topics and patreons that there will always be people who are "rargh why isn't MY specific fetish represented the way I want it in this game!!! worst thing ever." I mean if someone gives you a good plot suggestion you might like to do, run with it if you like it, but don't lose sight of what you want to accomplish because of asshole whining about what they want specifically in game, regardless of donation status or not, people should want your stuff because you are making a good game, not because you'll bow down to their specific want.

A lot of these devs end of completely losing sight of their original goal with their games due to that it seems, you've got a really good foundation here and it seems you know what you want the end goal to be, so yeah make it the way you want and not just to appease whiners.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Don't worry, I won't ever do that. I know, that if something isn't really good, then tips are appreciated, but since I have a clear vision of what I want to do, that's exactly, what will happen.
Of course, if I'm making a poll on Patreon for example, the options are ones, I like, not what others say. In the end it could turn out real bad, if I'm doing the game, the way other people want it to be. I might lose focus or hate some things in it, so that I'm not really connecting with it.

So as I said, don't worry. :)

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Depends on the scene I want to render. For the one with only one or two characters, I'm using an highly overclocked AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4,6 Ghz, a Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z, 16 GB RAM and two Evga GTX780 Superclocked in SLI mode. For Scenes with more than two characters, the system of choice is based on a AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4 Ghz, a MSI B350 Tomahawk, 32 GB RAM and a Evga GTX980ti FTW.

Although, I would love to do the renders with my main system, with an Intel Core i7 4790k @ 4,9 Ghz, Asus Maximus VII Hero, 32 GB RAM and two Asus RX480 Strix OC. But that doesn't work, so it ain't gonna happen. ^^

I hope, that answers your question. :D

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Maybe, but the newest nvidia driver for the GTX980ti crashes constantly and I can't use my fastest system to render any scenes, because OpenCL doesn't work with my RX480's.
The GTX780's work fine though, except for the obvious lack of VRAM. :D I guess 5000 iterations in about 45 minutes, is ok.

Annata

Jul 2, 2017
What happens with Bethany's hair and clothes, it changes from one scene to next, which are only a few seconds apart?

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
It's explained in the changelog and during the game, with screens between the two scenes.
All images with the shorter hair, instead of the ponytail are flashbacks of the past, in order to explain, why Charlie was sent away. Or these images serve as a dream, like with the sex cene.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Have you seen the price of for example a decent nvidia Quadro Card or a CPU that is optimized for professional use?
That pretty much answers the question. Let's say I took a Quadro instead of the GTX980ti, the price would've been way beyond 2000€. Even with a Titan XP, that's almost the case.
And as I've said, I won't be looking for money, so that you guys can play my game, it will be free all the way. The Patreon page is just there for those of you, who want to support me, or help me get at least a fraction of the money back, I've spent in order to get to the point, where I was able to make the game properly.
If we're talking about the CPU, yeah I could've gone with a CPU optimized for professional use, but when I bought the Ryzen System, there wasn't any CPU, that was such a bang for the buck, as the Ryzen 7 1700. The i7 6900k for example was at 1000€ and still couldn't and can't beat the 1700.
Threadripper was nowhere to be seen and the 6950X was just overkill, without any real andavtange.

For the AMD Ryzen System I paid around 600€, because I had a case, a hard drive and a SSD and a power supply, laying around. The GTX980ti was extremely cheap, so I couldn't pass on that. Just as a comparison, I bought the two GTX780 used, because normally there would be a HD7970 Matrix in the Phenom build, for 100€ each, so 200€ in total. The GTX980ti was cheaper than these two Cards.

@Topic
I just realized, that there is displayed the wrong dialogue, when Beth talks to Alex in bed, and you chose to confront him. Will fix that, with the clipping images, and the scene where Beth catches Charlie is masturbatng while peping on Eva, will be added, soon. I hope I will be done with that tonight.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Yeah, in my opinion it's pretty simple. If you going to support what I'm doing, then you have the right to know, what I am doing with your money.
And since I'm a AMD fan through and through I had to buy a new graphics card. I'm using a RX480 since it was released as the Asus Strix model, so I couldn't do a render with Iray. Some People may find it odd, that I chose to leave that card in my gaming/main system, although I have the GTX980ti for almost as long. A few months ago, I purchased the second RX480, which gives me just a little bit more performance than with a singel 980ti.
And since I am, as I said, not really want to make money with this project, I made the Patreon page just for those people, who do want to support. I know, that a gaming system or more accurately a gaming card isn't the ideal solution, but it definitely was the cheapest, to get the performance and features I needed to make the game.
The funny thing is, the GTX980ti wasn't even the original idea for the Ryzen build. Before I decided to go for a card, that supports Iray, I wanted to go for OpenCL, because on this system I'm using Premiere Pro as well, which is just a joy to work with, if you're using a top of the line card from AMD.

In all honesty, though. I would have loved, if I could go for a Threadripper 1950X and Quadro (in SLI mode) build, but although I'm really crazy sometimes, I'm not that crazy. A system like that would have cost me half of the price my car (2009 330d) had, when it was new. My main focus was to get the best performance for the smallet amount of money, so the Ryzen 7, a B350 board and the 980ti were chosen. Because the whole System without the 980ti cost me 600€, plus about 180€ for the graphics card. So for under 800€ I got everything, that I needed, excpet the assets for Daz3d, which set me back a couple hundred €, too.
So in total I paid (not really sure) around 1300€, just to get going, without even knowing, if it's going to work out.

Anyway, enough of the off topic stuff. :D
The update/correction is coming tomorrow, I have some technical issues with my system. My PSU decided to not work anymore. :( Blackscreens all over the place. The one from the Phenom build is now in my main system and my Ryzen system has some driver issues, since I installed the newest nvidia driver. Tomorrow I'm going to get a new one and then it should workout perfectly.

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes