Ren'Py In a Scent [Domiek] Discussion Thread

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1618642289694.png

Title: In a Scent
developer Page: - -

I'm excited to finally reveal the next project, In a Scent. Personal Trainer was the first project casting a wide net to learn as much as possible about game development. There were a lot of lessons learned not only about developing the game but my own personal preferences. In a Scent will be taking a much more focused approach. The character cast as well as the overall scope of the project will be smaller, allowing more breathing room to dive into character development with a focus on story telling.

TLDR: In a Scent will approach story telling as a mix of standard Visual Novel and the typical Hollywood comedy screenplay. The story revolves around corruption, romance, and the pursuit of happiness.

1618642487936.png
The environments were created with the story in mind and went through many carefully thought out iterations.

1618642499271.png

I'm happy to introduce the first member of our cast, college-bound Astraea "Raya".
1618642511727.png

Some things to keep in mind regarding the Visual Novel format is reading fatigue. I often find myself skipping text when playing these types of games. I normally enjoy reading but many times it feels like there's just too much information being dumped on the player all at once. This is something I've taken into consideration while structuring the story and how to deliver information to the player in more ways than just text. I'm really pleased in how I've tackled it so far and will be looking forward to hearing your feedback.
With the groundworks laid out as well as the character pipeline finalized, development has shifted from R&D to production. Over the coming weeks I'll be introducing the rest of the cast. A trailer will be released as we get closer to finalizing the first chapter. No release dates or timelines will be announced until the project is in the hands of testers.

I hope you're all as excited as I am for this project. It's gonna be a banger.
1622221066257.png 1622221137554.png 1622221184243.png 1626751392301.png 1626924274988.png 1626924302675.png 1633156501809.png 1639664624045.png 1641059400999.png

Last edited:

EthanHunt95

Oct 23, 2019
Domeik 2nd project hmmmm hardly waiting for play the game...
Hope this one longer and longer and completing all the girls route....

Last edited:

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Thanks for starting the thread johnelros .

Domeik 2nd project hmmmm hardly waiting for play the game...
Hope this one longer and longer and completing all the girls route....
This time around I'm doing a heavy focus on telling a single story rather than a bunch of different routes with multiple separate women. The ending was written and then I worked my way backwards from there. There will be only one ending but with player input on how the events play out.

The goal here is to have a tight and easy to digest story that flows well from beginning to end. I don't want this to be just another game with a little bit of everything to try and please everyone. There will still be multiple women to boink but they're instrumental to a single story rather than solely existing for the sake of variation.

Ultimately, I want to deliver a refined story with an overall shorter development cycle rather than spreading myself thin in multiple directions for a few years. If this plays out as envisioned, I think you're in for a treat.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well .. Domiek , you know MrKnobb very well to go and play the last chapter of retrieving the past
and get a hang of a thing or two when it comes to choosing from a close roster of 3 bombshells,
the absolute blast of dialogues that calm and entice while worshipping fenomenal babes,
the smooth character development of babes inside relationships,
That said, you should be ready to actually game
some wonderful throbbing interactions towards the babe blush bonanza..

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I've known Dom for a long time now and he's helped me fix my shitty renders to a point (if they shit its my fault) and I can tell you all that he's done/doing his homework on creating the best renders and game that can be done. He's spent hours researching various things to improve himself.

Honestly cannot wait to see what he's going to dish up for us to enjoy.

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
Thanks for starting the thread johnelros .

This time around I'm doing a heavy focus on telling a single story rather than a bunch of different routes with multiple separate women. The ending was written and then I worked my way backwards from there. There will be only one ending but with player input on how the events play out.

The goal here is to have a tight and easy to digest story that flows well from beginning to end. I don't want this to be just another game with a little bit of everything to try and please everyone. There will still be multiple women to boink but they're instrumental to a single story rather than solely existing for the sake of variation.

Ultimately, I want to deliver a refined story with an overall shorter development cycle rather than spreading myself thin in multiple directions for a few years. If this plays out as envisioned, I think you're in for a treat.
Looking forward to it, really really looking forward to it. I laughed out loud several times and was also struck by the genuine story of Personal Vibrator, I mean Personal Trainer. Many Thanks, keep up the good work.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
simplified and straightforward. sounds like a recipe for a massively popular game.

unless somekinda niche fetish loses everybody.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Elene, baby, you stand to lose that cup .. unless it is glued on, in which case, let me sip a little.
What you need to do is .. wrap your big finger around the middle of the shaft,
keeping it tight and squeezed, while your index reaches to make up distance on the outside.
You need this tug motion towards the base of the shaft, which will keep it erect.
View attachment 1216872

Our third lovely lady has decided to make an appearance. Selene is in upper management. Would you go full Karen and demand to speak with her?
Babe, wass matter? You seem to tense for sluching on the couch.
Here, let me touch up on that strap, it seems astray.