Ren'Py Abandoned Hypno Family Trainer [v0.1.2] [HF Trainer]

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
To me the "old" renders look better - Imho
Yea, I agree, there's a distinct style in the old HS that Neo and HS2 just doesn't have. I tried my darnest to get close but I am a coder not a renderer. Neo tends to look like The Sims at times.....
I do believe the QoL and features of Neo will pay off in future renders though, since it allows for things not possible with OG HS (like FK).

Reactions: ajleo

nefernefer

Feb 9, 2021
Yea, I agree, there's a distinct style in the old HS that Neo and HS2 just doesn't have. I tried my darnest to get close but I am a coder not a renderer. Neo tends to look like The Sims at times.....
I do believe the QoL and features of Neo will pay off in future renders though, since it allows for things not possible with OG HS (like FK).
Hi, long time no post. Is this resurrection thing still on? No hard feelings if no, just want to know what's going on.

Reactions: ajleo

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
Hi, long time no post. Is this resurrection thing still on? No hard feelings if no, just want to know what's going on.
Hello,
sorry for the lack of updates - ironically I have been consistently working on the game the past few weekends, but the more I set up, the more holes I see in the original design; nothing to worry about though - just need to come up with solutions that adhere to the original HFT vision.

I just felt like after failing to meet deadlines I've set for myself, instead of treating this as a project that I publish monthly/bi-monthly updates - I'd just do it on my free time with no time pressure.

Long story short - ressurection project still on-going -

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
There are still no signs of when to revive?
Sorry it's taking longer than expected -
there's some progress on my end-ish, here's what I've been up to
* Fiddling around with AI to write scripts
* added a shop where you can buy a hidden camera (fulfill the vouyerism tag)
* have a clear outline of progression

Most of the time investment has been trying to figure out how to programmatically generate images.
I'm nogging my head on how to make costuming work without having to manually reprint and set the images again.

Thank you for your interest and patience.

knexl_

Jun 15, 2021

Most of the time investment has been trying to figure out how to programmatically generate images.
I'm nogging my head on how to make costuming work without having to manually reprint and set the images again.

Jeckdex!! Honestly, I'm very happy that you continue working on this project. I have been checking this forum every week eager to hear news, and I was afraid that this game would be abandoned. Nothing more to add, I just wish you encouragement, and I'm not just saying this for this project that you took on as a hobby, but also for your path.

And happy new year to all :)

Reactions: flxgrm

nefernefer

Feb 9, 2021

Are you OK? Please give us a sign you are still alive!