Ren'Py Abandoned Hypno Family Trainer [v0.1.2] [HF Trainer]

knexl_

Jun 15, 2021
Do you mean that HFT will end very soon?

The truth is that I would like the game to be more extensive, and from my point of view it would not bother me to wait for each update since I fully understand that it is a project that is very different from your priorities, however you put effort and dedication into it, you are making the wait worth a lot

Well this is my opinion, I'm a fan of HFT and I thank you very much for developing this game after its sad abandonment.

Thank you and excellent week
View attachment 1714680

- The March, which was once February Update -

The original plan was to release this in Feb, then have a roadmap update in March, but life and priorities got in the way, so March will be having 2 updates. Drop v0.4 this week, and I'll put up a new roadmap next week.
Thank you for the continued interest and sorry for the inconsistency.

What's New:
* The final game mechanic has been implemented, which has been a pain to get working.
* Jennifer Dance Lv4
* Saves do not transfer - please use the debug menu when you first enter your room to jump to Lv4

As I mentioned about a year and a half ago, HFT's idea for Lv4 is what made me want to finish this game. The first pass of it is rough, so I will need to redo it. Please let me know your thoughts

PC: Mega

OSX: Mega

Reactions: ashfort

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
- The delayed April Update -

If you're keeping track of this I want to apologize. I knew I promised a roadmap in March, then got delayed to April and then got delayed more.

However I am still waiting for commitments and prioritization for work and another side project. I don't want conflicts and overloaded commitments so I am waiting on those to release before I make a commitment for HFT.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Do you mean that HFT will end very soon?

The truth is that I would like the game to be more extensive, and from my point of view it would not bother me to wait for each update since I fully understand that it is a project that is very different from your priorities, however you put effort and dedication into it, you are making the wait worth a lot

Well this is my opinion, I'm a fan of HFT and I thank you very much for developing this game after its sad abandonment.

Thank you and excellent week
I mean HFT's original gameplay loop is complete. We have delivered everything promised by the original creator in some way (except for costuming). Next step is refinement and refactoring.

Thank you for your continued support.

Question for you though, in what direction do you want to see the game expand into? I have my own thoughts about the direction, but I am interested is hearing more.

nefernefer

Feb 9, 2021
I would like to see more customization: clothes and toys. Maybe with enough skill you can make them do the chores, so you can have more time for whats really important :p

May 15, 2021
View attachment 1714680

- The March, which was once February Update -

The original plan was to release this in Feb, then have a roadmap update in March, but life and priorities got in the way, so March will be having 2 updates. Drop v0.4 this week, and I'll put up a new roadmap next week.
Thank you for the continued interest and sorry for the inconsistency.

What's New:
* The final game mechanic has been implemented, which has been a pain to get working.
* Jennifer Dance Lv4
* Saves do not transfer - please use the debug menu when you first enter your room to jump to Lv4

As I mentioned about a year and a half ago, HFT's idea for Lv4 is what made me want to finish this game. The first pass of it is rough, so I will need to redo it. Please let me know your thoughts

PC: Mega

OSX: Mega
canu put it on other downloads mega not working

Dave3518

Nov 5, 2017
well how can there be Incest, without this No sexual content im not even going bother downloading it

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
-- the rushing to meet the deadline May update --

Sorry about that, May was fairly hard to balance; Work wise, I'm looking to try and transfer to a department with something more technically interesting to me, without going too much into details: from a Javascript stack to a C++ stack. (note: I don't know C++, I haven't used it since college )

As per why: The Unreal5 demos showed some real nice possibilities that I wouldn't mind playing around with in the future.

Back to HFT:
here's what I've outlined as goals in my dev journal:
* Roadmap should last until End Of Dev year (September 2022)
* Have "release to public" (create new thread) goal slotted

Given that, I've outlined my release criteria as follows:
* Clean up jank and gameplay loop
* Clean up placeholder texts and narrative
* Bring Joanna up to speed with the Jennifer progress
* Have Reasonable SLA set (frequency of updates)
* Add back the old Costuming System

SLA is easy, once we're ready to migrate to a new thread, I'll just tally up the good months and the bad months, and adjust it delivery accordingly.

For cleanup, I've replayed the game a few times and I think I'll address the refactoring and cleanup in 2 updates, 1 for initial feedback, step away from it for a bit, come back and do a 2nd pass.

Given that here's the expected updates the next few months:

Jun: Add Joanna Lv3 and Lv4 stuff
July: Refactor and Cleanup
Aug: Prototype Costuming/Change clothing (hopefully it works)
Sept: v0.5 Release
October: Refactor and Cleanup
Nov: Prototype Costuming/Change clothing again....
Dec: v0.6 Release (public)

Now I kinda cheated a bit here by extending the roadmap to end of the year, but I simply can't slot everything. So I'd rather have promises I can deliver on. Luckily it's just us here and there's no investors :coffee:

Please let me know your thoughts and comments

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
canu put it on other downloads mega not working
Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your continued interest, would AnonFiles be acceptable? :
PC:
OSX:

well how can there be Incest, without this No sexual content im not even going bother downloading it
Yea, that's fair, the game is abandonned, and my version won't get there for at least another 6 months at the rate I'm going....

Reactions: knexl_

Kallel69

Mar 3, 2018
-- the rushing to meet the deadline May update --

Sorry about that, May was fairly hard to balance; Work wise, I'm looking to try and transfer to a department with something more technically interesting to me, without going too much into details: from a Javascript stack to a C++ stack. (note: I don't know C++, I haven't used it since college )

As per why: The Unreal5 demos showed some real nice possibilities that I wouldn't mind playing around with in the future.

Back to HFT:
here's what I've outlined as goals in my dev journal:
* Roadmap should last until End Of Dev year (September 2022)
* Have "release to public" (create new thread) goal slotted

Given that, I've outlined my release criteria as follows:
* Clean up jank and gameplay loop
* Clean up placeholder texts and narrative
* Bring Joanna up to speed with the Jennifer progress
* Have Reasonable SLA set (frequency of updates)
* Add back the old Costuming System

SLA is easy, once we're ready to migrate to a new thread, I'll just tally up the good months and the bad months, and adjust it delivery accordingly.

For cleanup, I've replayed the game a few times and I think I'll address the refactoring and cleanup in 2 updates, 1 for initial feedback, step away from it for a bit, come back and do a 2nd pass.

Given that here's the expected updates the next few months:
Jun: Add Joanna Lv3 and Lv4 stuff
July: Refactor and Cleanup
Aug: Prototype Costuming/Change clothing (hopefully it works)
Sept: v0.5 Release
October: Refactor and Cleanup
Nov: Prototype Costuming/Change clothing again....
Dec: v0.6 Release (public)

Now I kinda cheated a bit here by extending the roadmap to end of the year, but I simply can't slot everything. So I'd rather have promises I can deliver on. Luckily it's just us here and there's no investors :coffee:

Please let me know your thoughts and comments
Ah yes, hi. I just stumbled upon this game (haven't played it yet), its thread, and your plans for reviving it.
Question: You mention that HFT's idea for Lv4 is what made you want to revive this game but my reading back through the form I can't find mention of what that is. Can you elaborate on that, and what your vision is of that?

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
Ah yes, hi. I just stumbled upon this game (haven't played it yet), its thread, and your plans for reviving it.
Question: You mention that HFT's idea for Lv4 is what made you want to revive this game but my reading back through the form I can't find mention of what that is. Can you elaborate on that, and what your vision is of that?
It's something HFT mentioned in his Pattern back in the day if I remember correctly.
At this point in time, Jennifer Lv4 has been sort of implemented. At least my first pass of it. There is also a debug shortcut to jump to it.

If you need to know and don't care to play, it's
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Kallel69

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
Apologies, I am running super behind on a lot of stuff (I somehow did not equate new job position with an unpracticed skillset to more stress, feeling a bit stupid in hindsight).

I will try to get the promised release by end of the month

what is the awaited input format of xxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxx
either "reveal your femininity" or "boost your self-esteem"

knexl_

Jun 15, 2021
Hello everyone, I have not commented anything for a long time. But I've been checking this forum on a daily basis and I'm interested in getting any news on the development of the game
- The delayed April Update -

If you're keeping track of this I want to apologize. I knew I promised a roadmap in March, then got delayed to April and then got delayed more.

However I am still waiting for commitments and prioritization for work and another side project. I don't want conflicts and overloaded commitments so I am waiting on those to release before I make a commitment for HFT.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

I mean HFT's original gameplay loop is complete. We have delivered everything promised by the original creator in some way (except for costuming). Next step is refinement and refactoring.

Thank you for your continued support.

Question for you though, in what direction do you want to see the game expand into? I have my own thoughts about the direction, but I am interested is hearing more.
Honestly, I don't have any information to add that convinces me, personally I'm liking the path the game is taking so far.

This is all for my part, the truth is that I don't mind the time it takes to update the game since it is something very complex (I say this as the creator of Geometry Dash), but I am interested in knowing that this project has not been abandoned. Good day and Happy New Year

Jul 3, 2022
I mean Level creator, it is already difficult to create a good level with deco and commands both for movement and counting.

A simple graphic novel is even more complex than the vast majority of levels.
Ahh, I am dumb I misunderstood. But a level creator !!! That is still very cool.
And you are right, both those jobs seem very tough.

still here - still working on the game in whatever capacity I can. (just got real busy thanks to the tech industry imploding)

Let's aim for early April for a release.
Hey, so happy to see you again! And thanks for your continued efforts :)

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
- The what would have been an actual April Fools April update -

Hello friends,

Just wanted to let people who check in know that the April release is still on track - I actually tried to rush through the last hurdles to have a "not april fools april fools" release - but as I try to balance out the grind, I felt like I'm rushing a fairly important part of the game. (The game portion).

So I've decided to ease off the peddle and take another 2-3 weeks to work on polish and iron out bugs.
If the tech industry is done flipping on itself, I should be able to release something by mid/end of this month.

In the meantime, Here's something old and something new -
* A comparison picture from an unreleased version of HFT.
* Hypnosis in the bathroom - as a gameplay element, the privacy offered in the bathroom allows for more erotic suggestions, as well as giving a slight boost to the efficacy of your hypnosis skill. Also there's just something erotic about the whole thing I can't put my finger on.

Warmest regards and thank you for your time and interest as always.