• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tutorial How to Install Content to Daz w/ w/o Install Manager

Heinz Becker

Jun 4, 2017
how to install bundle without Install Manager number???
Look for a directory "runtime\\support" and there for a file "DAZ_3D_nnn_nameofyourpackage.dsx".
nnn is the number you are looking for.
Or use Package Assist and drag the zip file into it. It will rebuild metadata if possible and generate missing data.

Sunnyday

Oct 28, 2017
I am very new to this. Can u explain it in detail?

Look for a directory "runtime\\support" and there for a file "DAZ_3D_nnn_nameofyourpackage.dsx".
nnn is the number you are looking for.
Or use Package Assist and drag the zip file into it. It will rebuild metadata if possible and generate missing data.

Heinz Becker

Jun 4, 2017
If my last explanation was too complicated for you, you should try a different approach.
In addition to the "official" llibrary where Install Manager puts all files, you have a "personal" library where you can put your own files. Where this library is located on your HDD depends on your installation, you can find the path in the DAZ-Studio configuration.
In this personal library you put the content of your RAR Files, but only the folders in "My Library" or "Content".
It will take a few hours or even days to understand the files and folder structure of DAZ.
It's a matter of "time or money". The less official your content is, the more it will take you to install it.
To begin the research it's good advice to examine your official content (there's a lot given with DAZ Studio for free) and check where it is installed. Once you understood this, you can move on to "not so official" content or even own content.
Sorry, sometimes it's hard work to be a pirate.
Cheers,
Heinz

SgtPepper234

Oct 21, 2017
Hi Guys. I'm struggling a bit using content package assist. I can't find a pdf on it. Every time I try add a ZIP file get a message saying: "ZipForge: Cannot creat file "C:\Users\.....\" - Native error: 00019. File processing error, possibly disk is full". My disk isnt full, I have over 2TB. I run 64bit pc, and the crack is only available in 32bit. Could this be my problem or is there something I'm not doing right?

SgtPepper234

Oct 21, 2017
Hi Guys. I'm struggling a bit using content package assist. I can't find a pdf on it. Every time I try add a ZIP file get a message saying: "ZipForge: Cannot creat file "C:\Users\.....\" - Native error: 00019. File processing error, possibly disk is full". My disk isnt full, I have over 2TB. I run 64bit pc, and the crack is only available in 32bit. Could this be my problem or is there something I'm not doing right?
Nevermind guys. Sorry, my Antivirus was blacking the program

craftyg

Feb 25, 2018
Can I ask something stupid. I don't know if this is the right place. I'm tempted to get started with DAZ but I'm afraid my laptop will burn on rendering, it is a Dell Inspiron i7 5667. Should I bother downloding Gig's of data and learn to find out rendering will take hours? or stop just right now.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Thx for all the tips here.. luckily i dont have too many assets, even tho quite some lol, and this wil help me have it more "organized"

Can I ask something stupid. I don't know if this is the right place. I'm tempted to get started with DAZ but I'm afraid my laptop will burn on rendering, it is a Dell Inspiron i7 5667. Should I bother downloding Gig's of data and learn to find out rendering will take hours? or stop just right now.
Looking at the specs of that laptop (if they are the correct ones) say that besides the i7 processor, it has 16gb of ram and an 4gb AMD video card. all three are pretty decent. Tho with the AMD video card, you won't have the Iray render, that is from Nvidia.
Also, the site shows that the HDD is 5400rpm, which is slow.

You can find my renders in some of the fanart threads (tho I didn't make too many), I have an older i7 with 16gb of ram and a 2gb GTX, and a regular HDD. Some of the simpler renders took more than 40mins.

In the end, my advice is that you download a model (or use the ones that come with DAZ) and test your computer out 1st.
There are several users here that can help you out tweaking the render settings for the best result.
IF a simple render with a model, a single color background and some lights take too long for what you expect, then you know to let it go.

Reactions: craftyg

Heinz Becker

Jun 4, 2017
Should I bother downloding Gig's of data and learn to find out rendering will take hours?
Short answer, it WILL take hours. We also learned it the hard way. We started to create a visual novel with two old laptops. If you do more than a simple demo with a figure in the void (without a room or landscape), it could take more than 6 hours.
The video card is the most important part in that game. An uncle of mine has a NVidia 1060. I made a simple demo with an animal in the grass, it took 35min on his i5 PC but almost 4 hours on my i7 Laptop.
Of course I can't use my uncle's computer to do renders for an adult VN, so I still hope I can get my hands on a decent PC and a good card. Patreon is not really an option to raise funds but that is a different story.

Reactions: vgyew and craftyg

DevilPants

Mar 10, 2018
Hello. Can someone advise what to install first to start playing with daz3d on a clean version of the program? I am totally new to this topic and I am asking for your understanding.

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
Hello. Can someone advise what to install first to start playing with daz3d on a clean version of the program? I am totally new to this topic and I am asking for your understanding.
Go to , create an account and download DazStudio. It's free

ItaSemperErit

Jun 4, 2017
Is there any risk in opening the install manager in online mode after I installed some of the assets on this forum? I found some free assets in the DAZ store and want to download and install them but I need to enter online mode to do so. Can they somehow see what products you have installed on your pc and compare them to the things you bought with your DAZ account?

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
Is there any risk in opening the install manager in online mode after I installed some of the assets on this forum? I found some free assets in the DAZ store and want to download and install them but I need to enter online mode to do so. Can they somehow see what products you have installed on your pc and compare them to the things you bought with your DAZ account?
I don't believe.
But you can download them, then install them with DazInstallManager while being offline.
By indicating where the files are

Reactions: ItaSemperErit

ZXIIDead

Mar 18, 2018
I've installed this on daz
But I dont know where is it on daz or how I use it, help plz