Tutorial How to Install Content to Daz w/ w/o Install Manager

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017
It is possible to insert some kind of minigame with Daz3D?
??? you mean as in make actual game mechanics with Daz?
if so then no. Daz is just for making pretty pictures (and animations)
I mean if your minigame had renders, then sure, you can make the renders the minigame uses with daz. but Daz is not a game engine

Teron

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2017
Edit: Ay nevermind me, didn't realise the thread had two pages until I hit reply saying pretty much what the above post does! :p

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
Im going to go through the steps taken to Install "Daz zip Files" using Daz Install Manager.

1. First you need to know how to tell "Daz zips" apart from other contet zips.
- A Daz Zip contains an Install Manager number in begining of file name (see img)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2. Now after you download it may be in a 7zip or rar format so you should un zip with one of those first. When you find the folder in ".zip" format with the "IM" in its name right click and select copy.

3. Now find the Content Download directory for the DIM. Path should look like this.
C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads

4. Paste the file in "Downloads" folder located in the path above.

5. Run and start the DIM. (Make sure to check workoffline or files may fail to install)

6. If they dont show up under downloads inside the program, try refresh at top right. (see examples for 5 and 6 in picture below)

Please update OP to include infobit that one benefit to using the DAZ install manager is that it includes the metadata to use the smart content browser

Laimq

May 3, 2017
guys i have more than 1700 daz files am I supposed to install each one of them separately ? it will take a week to do it

is there any other way to install them ?

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
guys i have more than 1700 daz files am I supposed to install each one of them separately ? it will take a week to do it

is there any other way to install them ?
1700....... Lot of work for you then! I would unzip all into one folder, the bulk will be in 'Data', 'Runtime/Textures', 'People', 'Environments' and 'Props' folders. If you have any stuff designed for poser then you will get 'Runtime/Geometries', 'Runtime/Libraries' as well.

Once you have done that, I would advise you spend some time doing some admin. Nearly all the items will end up in folders named after the vendor, whcih makes sorting/finding quite hard. Spend some time on props and people folders to arrange the content.

It takes time, but you want to be able to find the content.

Laimq

May 3, 2017
1700....... Lot of work for you then! I would unzip all into one folder, the bulk will be in 'Data', 'Runtime/Textures', 'People', 'Environments' and 'Props' folders. If you have any stuff designed for poser then you will get 'Runtime/Geometries', 'Runtime/Libraries' as well.

Once you have done that, I would advise you spend some time doing some admin. Nearly all the items will end up in folders named after the vendor, whcih makes sorting/finding quite hard. Spend some time on props and people folders to arrange the content.

It takes time, but you want to be able to find the content.
thank you

RustyXXL

Nov 2, 2017
Only the first image is showing for me.
Afaik Manifest.dsx is used by DIM
there usually is a support.dsx, and that contains the metadata.
Everything in content usually goes to your library folder. There's often folders like data, runtime etc in it. Put those in your daz library folder.

Also I want to mention, that by installing manually you will loose the metadata and stuff will not show up in your smart content tab. If you want to use that you'll either have to manually assign new metadata (there are tutorials for that in the daz forums) or install via DIM.
Your stuff is still available in your content library in Daz, it is just the smart content tab, though.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
Find your 'Daz 3D Library' folder, I moved it long a go but I think it normally sits in the 'User' folder structure, or 'My Docs'. If your struggling you can browse to folder location within Daz in the Content Library tab. All your content will go in there, under the content will be People, Runtime etc

The manifest file is not needed, but it sits within a different folder structure. It is bascially a list of all the products.

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
Im going to go through the steps taken to Install "Daz zip Files" using Daz Install Manager.

(Note: Using DIM to install content also Installs products metadata, which makes the product available to use in the "Smart Content Pane")

1. First you need to know how to tell "Daz zips" apart from other contet zips.
- A Daz Zip contains an Install Manager number in begining of file name (see img)

2. Now after you download it may be in a 7zip or rar format so you should un zip with one of those first. When you find the folder in ".zip" format with the "IM" in its name right click and select copy.

3. Now find the Content Download directory for the DIM. Path should look like this.
C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads

4. Paste the file in "Downloads" folder located in the path above.

5. Run and start the DIM. (Make sure to check workoffline or files may fail to install)

6. If they dont show up under downloads inside the program, try refresh at top right. (see examples for 5 and 6 in picture below)

Fantastic! But I can't get the files to show up. Yes, I'm working offline, and I've pressed Refresh several times.

Reactions: Notty-Man-74

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Fantastic! But I can't get the files to show up. Yes, I'm working offline, and I've pressed Refresh several times.
well. sometimes you need to open the zip and see exactly where its putting your files. Aftrerwards, load up daz and go down the same path that your zip file went.

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
if they arent there, still. Then you may have to just mmanually install it.
I unzipped them all to the same place and they just created a Content directory with all of the normal subdirectories. Could I just drop them in the Library?

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
:O
oh my.. i just discover this part of the webiste lol. i didnt knew theyw ere some DAZ stuff shared here.
thanks for all and this instal way is super easy . i guess i m gonna give DAZ a try :)

btw.. i see a file who doesnt have the correct name starting with IMxxxxxx , but start like 54120-IMxxxx ... and inside its the normal stuff, so the zip have a wrong name.
is it correct if i just delete the 54120- and put the zip in the install manager ? ( that will just rename it with a correct name IMxxxx , but i dont know if its ok as its not his base name )

and no, like i say, this was the zip name and theyare no other zip in it (i checked before asking ^^ )

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
:O
oh my.. i just discover this part of the webiste lol. i didnt knew theyw ere some DAZ stuff shared here.
thanks for all and this instal way is super easy . i guess i m gonna give DAZ a try :)

btw.. i see a file who doesnt have the correct name starting with IMxxxxxx , but start like 54120-IMxxxx ... and inside its the normal stuff, so the zip have a wrong name.
is it correct if i just delete the 54120- and put the zip in the install manager ? ( that will just rename it with a correct name IMxxxx , but i dont know if its ok as its not his base name )

and no, like i say, this was the zip name and theyare no other zip in it (i checked before asking ^^ )
unfortunatly it doesnt work that way. usually if i file is named with a missing "IM-xxx" but still has the rest of the numbers in its name. you can just rename it yourself and add the "IM-000"

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
unfortunatly it doesnt work that way. usually if i file is named with a missing "IM-xxx" but still has the rest of the numbers in its name. you can just rename it yourself and add the "IM-000"
but can i just open it and copy-paste the content like if i instal it manually ? does it work like this ? or its only for the file manager ? (because it have the IMxxx placed behind)

i get what you mean, i should rename this folder (ike in my exempl )
" IM00054120_IMxxxxx_blablabla "
and it should be ok ?