Tutorial How to Install Content to Daz w/ w/o Install Manager

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
You can install it manually. But smart content will be unavailable for the item. @coconuts
i think it should do it, i just start using DAz, so i have no idea what "smart items" is :)

if the missing of these smart items doesnt create some big bug, i m good for a start

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Smart content is content you can access from the window pane named "smartcontent" It uses metadata to narrow down your lised based on whatever you select in your scene. Its nice to have if your daz content library is huge. but its certainly not needed @coconuts

Reactions: macadam

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Smart content is content you can access from the window pane named "smartcontent" It uses metadata to narrow down your lised based on whatever you select in your scene. Its nice to have if your daz content library is huge. but its certainly not needed @coconuts
understood , should be ok, i start slowly :)

thanks for the help !

ozoz69

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
can I ask a question?
some rar files have folders named templates and I can not find where to copy them in daz3d.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Templates are for Poser not for Daz3D
i asked same question and Aldo answered me that those files are some sort of backup if you modify the other one :)

its possible to use pozer stuff on studio, i got tons of stuff and some for pozer and look like they work on studio but not all of them

jman253

Dec 3, 2017
can anyone list the pros and conss of installing this way like will i be able to sell content without being hassled.

U

User_66221

I'd like to ask a question, i'm new on DAZ and i've two hard drive on my computer one ssd of 250gb for my system and another one of 2tb for rest and i'd like to install everything from Daz on my big Hard drive of 2tb.

How do i do to Daz (Dim and daz studio) recognize the path and i can able to use the assets i've downloaded on this forum?

HawkTheGreat

Jul 15, 2017
It's really a bit difficult. I think you have first to understand how D3D works with his files. There is a lot of tuto...
Anyway, you can type 'F2' for the preference menu.
Go to 'Content' > click on 'Content directory manager'.
In this windows, you can add a directory to 'Daz Studio Format' and go to select one directory where you have put all your dowloaded stuff (uncompressed with DIM or manually).
upload_2018-2-19_15-5-17.png
For example F:/DAZ_LIB2
Personally, I use the 'manual' way. It's work for 99% of the stuff. (but there is no entries in the 'Smart content')
For some add-ons, you also have to change the registry path if you haven't installed DAZ in the default path :
upload_2018-2-19_15-9-6.png

I think that's all :)...

Sorry for my english !

U

User_66221

It's really a bit difficult. I think you have first to understand how D3D works with his files. There is a lot of tuto...
Anyway, you can type 'F2' for the preference menu.
Go to 'Content' > click on 'Content directory manager'.
In this windows, you can add a directory to 'Daz Studio Format' and go to select one directory where you have put all your dowloaded stuff (uncompressed with DIM or manually).
View attachment 69536
For example F:/DAZ_LIB2
Personally, I use the 'manual' way. It's work for 99% of the stuff. (but there is no entries in the 'Smart content')
For some add-ons, you also have to change the registry path if you haven't installed DAZ in the default path :
View attachment 69537

I think that's all :)...

Sorry for my english !
It's working perfectly, thanks dude:)

FetishCollectorD

Donor
Jan 15, 2018
I'm driving myself insane. lol. I've followed these steps trying to install assets I acquired from this site. When I get into DIM they still don't show up to be installed. I've tried c/p the content files, sub files, all the way down to c/p the individual files themselves into the folder. Refreshed DIM and still nothing shows up. Your efforts are much appreciated, I just wish I was not so dense that I can't figure out how to use them.

Seems like the most difficult part of this so far is just getting the assets together and installed. For me at least.

michael205

Jan 30, 2018
Hi, I'm on 4.10 daz and i can't install any zip file.
Does this tut work for my daz or should i downgrade it ?

a meme

Sep 26, 2017
Hi, I'm on 4.10 daz and i can't install any zip file.
Does this tut work for my daz or should i downgrade it ?
You can still download the installation manager separately. However, I think they changed the folder structure.

a meme

Sep 26, 2017
I just tested it. When you download DAZ3D, make sure to download the Install Manager first, then run it to download DAZ3D and the stock assets. Then you can follow the instructions in this thread.

Reactions: michael205