• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Pinerappler

Jan 21, 2019
Typos!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Other thoughts!
An art heavy update, which is always nice. Lady Sluttony's powers seem like they'll offer all kinds of interesting fun whenever they're developed.
Ah, that reminds me, was meaning to comment about the writing myself. it seems like most of the story/text is written in Infinitive form: "you walk, you decide, she sucks" but for a lot of the scenes it switches into Preterite: "you felt, she sucked, He stood" note that Infinitum is used for expressing things that happen in the real time of the writing, while Preterite is used to convey something that has happened or been completed in the past. (it might have been the other way around)
Not currently playing so have no real reference, but I might post about it later. Look up Grammatical Tense if you want. could be easily fixed by searching for and replacing words automatically. (Microsoft word has that function)

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
I don't remember any dudes in MGQ.
It's more the outline than the actual content, I believe. despite the world supposedly being in peril, things are pretty lighthearted and full of spoofs (in the beginning). a devout believer of the goddess is called upon, to go out and do works in her name (doesn't go well in MGQ). travels with a female companion of great fame and power(kinda), who helps you grow along the quest. but really, its the relaxed atmosphere that is most reminiscent of MGQ, and makes it a great game. solid art and few bugs doesn't hurt either.

Reactions: Billy The Blub

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Thanks for the typo fixes everyone. They will be done by the time the next release comes out. Which is on schedule, thankfully. It'll contain a few new CG and several new scenes so I hope you all enjoy it!

Not currently playing so have no real reference, but I might post about it later. Look up Grammatical Tense if you want. could be easily fixed by searching for and replacing words automatically. (Microsoft word has that function)
Yeah I have this issue pretty bad. I write in chunks and sometimes when I come back and sit down things have switched in my mind and I write in a completely different tense than what I meant.

Reactions: revan335

BONECC

Mar 9, 2018
So, i'm a multimedia and videgame creation student and i was wondering if i could use your characters/ art style in a future project in my animation class. If you see this please reply. By the way continue with the great job and please do a walkthrough if possible.

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
So, i'm a multimedia and videgame creation student and i was wondering if i could use your characters/ art style in a future project in my animation class. If you see this please reply. By the way continue with the great job and please do a walkthrough if possible.
So long as you credit me during the project I don't see any harm in it.

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
The latest update is out for patrons over at

Changelog:
  • More content added to the Male Half Elf
  • CGs for Half Elf Assasin & Lewd Scene
  • CGs for Werewolf & Lewd Scene
  • Grammar and bug fixes
I plan on working on Nari the Plague Elf next and adding a bunch more non-lewd scenes to the game. Also, the final enemy for the Forest will be done. Hope you guys like harpies!

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
By the way continue with the great job and please do a walkthrough if possible.
This should carry you through the first few parts of the game.

How to be a Hero is an RPG VN. In it, you travel the land and fight enemies. Your character, Hero, has 6 stats and 4 moves to start.

Stats-

Health: How much HP you have. If it reaches 0 you lose.
Lust: How aroused you are. If it reaches 100 you lose.
Strength: How much damage your basic attack does. This is a hidden stat. It starts at 0.
Arouse-Strength: How much damage your arouse attack does. Starts at 1.
Defense: Determines how much physical damage you take is reduced. This is a hidden stat. It starts at 0.
Lust Defense: Determines how much lust damage you take is reduced. This is a hidden stat. It starts at 0.

Moves-

Attack: A basic attack. Deals 15 damage.
Arouse: A basic magical attack. Deals 1 damage.
Wait: Do nothing.
Escape: Flee battle. May not be available for some fights.

Scan: Obtained later. Gives you information about enemies.

Enemies have their own stats that can be found with Scan.

When you start the game off you are able to go to four areas on the map. The Camp, Forest, Elf City, and Mountain.

The camp is where Lady Sluttony is. She can heal you, lower your lust, or strengthen your arouse spell. The Arouse spell can only be strengthened if you have used Arouse to win 4 fights and it hasn't been strengthened 21 times.

map.png

The forest is where you'll start off and spend a majority of your time early game.

The elf city is locked for now.

The mountain contains some powerful enemies if you enter the caves from the start. Climbing the mountain is impossible.

Explore the forest until you encounter a female Half Elf.

helfcasual.png

These are the second weakest enemies in the game. Defeat one and fuck them once. This will give you an HP increase. Fucking enemies is the most efficient way to increase your hp for now.

Also, if you use your arouse spell to beat them, you can strengthen the spell. Do not try this without increasing your hp at least once. They will kill you before you can do it unless you're really lucky.

Continue fighting Half Elves and watching the little events that happen in the forest. Once you have beaten enough a Pure Elf should appear.

pelfcasual.png

Defeat the Pure Elf to unlock the ability to search for them.

You have to defeat at least 3 Pure Elves to unlock the first boss of the game, the Plague Elf.

naricasual.png

The Plague Elf has a devastating attack, is hard to arouse, and has a lot of HP. Also, you can not flee from the fight and if she wins she will kill you. Proceed with caution.

Once you defeat her the areas you can explore opens up. You can now visit the elf city, climb the mountain, and progress further with the story.

zcasual.png

First, visit the elf city. This will unlock Zinia, a romancable Half Elf, and the store. Visit the store and buy 3 Strength Talismans. You can also buy the Anti-Poison Amulet and the Scanner. The Anti-Poison amulet lets you fuck the Plague Elf without dying. The Scanner gives you the Scan ability.

With these items in hand, what you do next is up to you. Just about every character has more to them when you interact.

A few things that may not be immediately noticeable:

Arousing an enemy and then not fucking them has a unique scene for the Male Half Elf, Female Half Elf, and Pure Elf. You have to do it a few times for it to work and then explore the area they normally spawn in.
Some character interactions cross over. People will comment on things you've done in the world.
You -can- arouse the spider. It just takes a really really high Arouse stat.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
Another update! Fun things all around.

First off, the typos!

Good things!
The new combat tutorial! Great descriptions of resistance and prepares the player for it. One thing you might want to add to the lust part is Lady Sluttony explaining that if you use the arouse spell enough she can strengthen it for you. Also on that note, I assume there's a counter keeping track of how often the player wins with it and you can up the damage of the spell whenever that counter hits certain thresholds. It'd be a bit more work, but it'd nice if the player was informed somehow that the lust spell was ready to be upgraded.

The redesigned Werewolf is a much better encounter overall. I personally was a bit disappointed she subbed out immediately, but that's my own tastes speaking.

It took me a while to realize that the Tree(?) enemy was the Half Elven assassin(s).

Odd things!
During the Female Half Elf Follower scene, when Sluttony announces that she's joining the church, there is a fully colored background piece for the camp instead of the default sketch. Kind of curious why that's the case since you see the default sketch scene way more often than you will the Half Elf scene. I don't know much about art but wouldn't it be easier to draw Sluttony and the Half Elf seated as separate layers and just stick them in the finished scene as needed instead?

When you're in the shop, you can only buy things you can afford. Simple, but it makes it seem odd when you buy stuff and the scanner or strength talismans disappear because you can't afford them. I assume the goods are in an array and the menu is only displaying them if the players gold >= their price. Would be better to display them at all times and then check to see if the player can afford them when they click on them and have Alma say something like "You can't afford that yet!" but in a cuter and possibly more demonic way.

One big thing I realized playing through the whole game again was that I had no idea whatsoever triggered the arrival of the Werewolf or the Tree(?) enemy. I spent 30 minutes poking various things with steel and flesh both trying to find them before I thought to try encountering the Oni, go through the entirety of Zinia's route to date, and then go through best bat's route to date just in case. After doing all three of those things, the Werewolf showed up the next time I went searching for stronger enemies. Before that it was just the Drow being terribly unhappy with me something like 50 times. It's not really an issue right now but it bugged me enough to want to mention it.

Bugs!
I think the progression scenes are broken again. The Half Elves use their initial dialogue during sex scenes all the way up until you get the option to find your favorite one. If you encounter a random one in the forest after you have a favorite (Note: They have to be encountered using the Explore the Forest option to trigger this) they use the progression dialogue during the encounter.

Notes: I didn't check the Oni route, but I assume Shuten and her fellows are still in roughly the same spot as they were when I last looked over them and there aren't any new things to check. I did go through Zinia's route again and found nothing amiss. I also went through best bats route again for research purposes and discovered that, among other things, I made her too smol in my story. That's been fixed.

Overall - Good update!

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
During the Female Half Elf Follower scene, when Sluttony announces that she's joining the church, there is a fully colored background piece for the camp instead of the default sketch. Kind of curious why that's the case since you see the default sketch scene way more often than you will the Half Elf scene. I don't know much about art but wouldn't it be easier to draw Sluttony and the Half Elf seated as separate layers and just stick them in the finished scene as needed instead?
That is one of the new backgrounds that I had ordered! It's still a WIP but the old camp background will be phased out slowly but surely. You should see it fully during the next big release.

When you're in the shop, you can only buy things you can afford. Simple, but it makes it seem odd when you buy stuff and the scanner or strength talismans disappear because you can't afford them. I assume the goods are in an array and the menu is only displaying them if the players gold >= their price. Would be better to display them at all times and then check to see if the player can afford them when they click on them and have Alma say something like "You can't afford that yet!" but in a cuter and possibly more demonic way.
I'd like a more feature complete shop to be up later in the future along with a bit more content for Alma herself. Sadly this is on the backburner for now but it will -definitely- get done as soon as I have time to work on that bit.

One big thing I realized playing through the whole game again was that I had no idea whatsoever triggered the arrival of the Werewolf or the Tree(?) enemy.
It's triggered by completing Zinia's route to a certain point. This is due to the way save compatibility 'used' to work. It'll have to stay like this for the near future but I should have that fixed by the next big release.

The Half Elves use their initial dialogue during sex scenes all the way up until you get the option to find your favorite one.
Fixed!

Also, all typos are fixed. Expect them to see them in the next minor update.

Dec 15, 2017
Speaking of updates, a gallery function has been added to the game! You can pick up the latest version for free over at

View attachment 254953
So, speaking of galleries. The preview pictures show a drider that looks like you can lewd, but I did not come across a drider yet. Am I missing something or is she not implemented yet? Also, I am loving your game so far. Really enjoy the content with Zinia and Shuten, can't wait to see more. Also, really interested to see how you will implement the lewd the Tree(?) option, I feel like that one will be fun.

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
So, speaking of galleries. The preview pictures show a drider that looks like you can lewd, but I did not come across a drider yet. Am I missing something or is she not implemented yet? Also, I am loving your game so far. Really enjoy the content with Zinia and Shuten, can't wait to see more. Also, really interested to see how you will implement the lewd the Tree(?) option, I feel like that one will be fun.
I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! Those two are probably my favorites too. The secret to meet the drider involves somehow overcoming the Spider's unusually high lust defense.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
I've really enjoyed the game so far, but I have a few questions. How are you going to handle map\area progression(e.g. going from the elves to the next main races)? Will there be multiple endings? What other races do you have in mind for later in the game? And, of course, when can we expect a new update.

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
I've really enjoyed the game so far, but I have a few questions. How are you going to handle map\area progression(e.g. going from the elves to the next main races)? Will there be multiple endings? What other races do you have in mind for later in the game? And, of course, when can we expect a new update.
Let me try to answer these in order.

1. Basically certain areas are locked off until you get to them in the story. A few locations later on won't be story locked but the enemies there might be stronger than what you are meant to fight.

2. Right now there's two endings planned but each ending might have multiple branches to it. Similar to something like Fallout where you can see how different characters end up depending on what you've done with them.

3. I'm not sure if anyone will get as much attention as the elves but I plan on adding undine, undead, a single slime, harpies, lamia, and a few more eldritch monsters.

4. Soon!

May 7, 2017
Let me try to answer these in order.

1. Basically, certain areas are locked off until you get to them in the story. A few locations, later on, won't be story locked but the enemies there might be stronger than what you are meant to fight.

2. Right now there are two endings planned but each ending might have multiple branches to it. Similar to something like Fallout where you can see how different characters end up depending on what you've done with them.

3. I'm not sure if anyone will get as much attention as the elves but I plan on adding undine, undead, a single slime, harpies, lamia, and a few more eldritch monsters.

4. Soon!
Any chance for some Orc Ladies?

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes