Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
thanks! do you know if this is base 0.8.8, or the redepoly? either one works, really.

UPDATE: looking at the dates that the files were modified, it looks like this is actually the redepoly. thanks!
I am guessing its the redeploy.
Is there any way to actually check? The date that files were modified isnt exactly the most reliable proof.

jarb01

May 18, 2017
I am guessing its the redeploy.
Is there any way to actually check? The date that files were modified isnt exactly the most reliable proof.
hmm, you're right. i don't know how to check, but i do know i didn't run into any of the bugs that the redeploy supposedly fixed.

side note: i was pleasently surprised to see the valentine's story was fully voiced.

seanupp

Feb 22, 2018
House Party v0.8.6 Beta
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Win32+Win64+Linux+MacOS in attached torrent
OR
In case of downloading Original Story problems, extract attached zip in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Eek\House Party\
and maybe once party will be held also in the office.
this isnt working for me there is no slumber party story at all any help would be great

seanupp

Feb 22, 2018
house party screen.png because the slumber party at madisons hasn't worked in any of the versions i tried have worked 0.8.3 - 0.8.8 and it has now gone from the lists of all those versions and was hoping for there to be a way to install one through this version

this is all i have now :S

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
View attachment 70808 because the slumber party at madisons hasn't worked in any of the versions i tried have worked 0.8.3 - 0.8.8 and it has now gone from the lists of all those versions and was hoping for there to be a way to install one through this version

this is all i have now :S
Thats strange because for me Slumber Party at Madison's seem to be on the list and I'm able to load it just fine.
None of the characters seem to be able to be talked to however, seems glitched.

It worked with both 0.8.7 and 0.8.8.

Have you checked the Stories folder? Perhaps it got deleted or corrupted for some reason. I recommend you redownload it.

seanupp

Feb 22, 2018
unfortunately these pictures were taken straight after fresh install not in any folder in 0.8.6 it 'worked'

is there a way you could zip up the slumber party story and send it ?

and now when i look at displays to pick from it says 1(right) which is my middle one 2 and 3 right(3 right is correct) ?

but i couldnt use phone to text or use stream thing glitch where frank kept appearing on computer upstairs after usb used

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
unfortunately these pictures were taken straight after fresh install not in any folder in 0.8.6 it 'worked'

is there a way you could zip up the slumber party story and send it ?

and now when i look at displays to pick from it says 1(right) which is my middle one 2 and 3 right(3 right is correct) ?

but i couldnt use phone to text or use stream thing glitch where frank kept appearing on computer upstairs after usb used
Honestly I understood very little of what you said. You have a three monitor setup? Not sure what you're trying to say there.

Anyway, unfortunately I dont even have the original Slumber Party at Madison's anymore, but I still have the one I installed back when I installed 0.8.4. So, I dont know if the story I got is clean or if the files are ok, but its the one the game used to load it when I tested it.

So here it is:

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Why are you downloading an older version of HP?
Custom stories only work correctly on the version they were made for, since the forums were wiped it's a bit hard to tell unless you can remember what version the mod was for. While you might be able to load one, most if not all of the features of said mod will not work.
because the slumber party at madisons hasn't worked in any of the versions i tried have worked 0.8.3 - 0.8.8
Unfortunately I'm willing to bet nobody here has a walkthrough for any custom stories. Unless you can find the original author of the mod, I don't think anyone here can help you. If the story is not working, and you know for a fact that it worked before, it's probably incompatible with the build you are using. Just my two cents.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
The SPAM story was only available with specific Patreon release of the game. It was buggy as hell alpha version of the story...

If you upgraded to later release, it would not be deleted. But it would also not be downloaded by the game if not on specific game release (was it 0.8.6?)

Additionally, after servers broke for Eek games, I do not think they host Mod.zip files for older Patreon releases. As far as I can see only 0.8.7 and 0.8.8 are hosted at their website, and thus could be downloaded with auto-updater.

Works:

But, following do not work:

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
Are you kidding me? I cant even download the Custom Story Creator, it keeps saying that their site is undergoing maintenance for days now....

Thing is, I've tried to find the CSC elsewhere by googling it, but it seems that it isnt uploaded anywhere else.
Because it was given for free in the official eek website, no one bothered to upload it anywhere, and now I just cant find it.

Would appreciate it if someone was able to upload it here.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Are you kidding me? I cant even download the Custom Story Creator, it keeps saying that their site is undergoing maintenance for days now....
Quote from the forums: "Hmm... no ? What the point to get an outdated tool which only create bugged story version (using current game engine), when the new one will be published soon ?"

Taking a wild guess, but I'm assuming the creator is bugged out, hence why it's not available.

Reactions: Morpheas

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
Quote from the forums: "Hmm... no ? What the point to get an outdated tool which only create bugged story version (using current game engine), when the new one will be published soon ?"

Taking a wild guess, but I'm assuming the creator is bugged out, hence why it's not available.
Oh I see. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I had no idea.

suresh

Aug 20, 2017
when i start a new game the game is stuck at loading screen?
i even tried to lower the resolution and graphics quality. but it still wont start.
please help..

suresh

Aug 20, 2017
what do i do after i extracted the game?? its almost 5gb of data. how to play this game? the new game option isnt showing either.
help,help,help...

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
what do i do after i extracted the game?? its almost 5gb of data. how to play this game? the new game option isnt showing either.
help,help,help...
Loading screens are pretty long, and in order for the new game option to appear, it has to "finish downloading stories", which takes a long time even though it doesnt download anything.

It should appear after a while, you just gotta wait.

Did you download the Mods folder from the OP here?
You should do that if you havent already.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Not really bugged out. Just outdated. It is designed to work with 0.8.3 version of game, not 0.8.7 or 0.8.8.

Reactions: Prick

jonghyunsong

Feb 24, 2018
I am watching the steam community's guide and playing the game.

Where is the skeleton key in garage?

Although it is stated in the guide that it is located on the first storage shelf, I can not find it.

3.60 star(s) 61 Votes