DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
This is pirate community or not? It's not your patreon where you can put your rules. If people want it, they will get it.
If playing a web corsair is your thing - so be it.:cool: But you'll be surprised, that the majority of people in this community do care about game developers and are ready to help them with advice, constructive criticism and even coin. To each his own, my man.;)

Reactions: phreakinowski
K

Kedub

If playing a web corsair is your thing - so be it.:cool: But you'll be surprised, that the majority of people in this community do care about game developers and are ready to help them with advice, constructive criticism and even coin. To each his own, my man.;)
Take a look on more popular games here. Big Brother - 5 min after release on this forum already. DmD the same story. They had bigger support from F95 users than you. But still someone want free links. And you can not prevent it.

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
Take a look on more popular games here. Big Brother - 5 min after release on this forum already. DmD the same story. They had bigger support from F95 users than you. But still someone want free links. And you can not prevent it.
My dear pirate friend, I'm glad that you're comparing my game to big titles like DmD, Big Brother and the like, which have big teams of creators, armies of patrons and tens of thousands in income. Even you, the guy who clearly hates my game, sees the potential of my project. Thank you for a pill of confidence!:winkytongue:

Reactions: Wyrme

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
We welcome Dev to converse with our members and spend time here, but all links here are posted you must understand whether they be shared by Dev or by some other means. Either way your work get noticed but the links as its a pirate site will always be posted.
@Kedub soon as someone can it will be done. Thanks

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
We welcome Dev to converse with our members and spend time here, but all links here are posted you must understand whether they be shared by Dev or by someone means. Either way your work get noticed but the links as its a pirate site will always be posted.
Hi, Muff Diver! A pleasure to have a word with the staff member.

Here's my point: I'm the developer, who cares about the game and shares free builds and other stuff with the F95 community. My builds are stable, quality checked and don't have any maleware inside. Because I do give a shit about my game and reputation. And then there's some guy, who shares some zip archive, which may contain anything, including viruses, crypto miners, and other unpleasant crap. So what would a usual F95 member choose: a safe game client from the developer or some zipped archive from a random dude? I'd choose safety.;)

Reactions: phreakinowski

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016

Here's my point: I'm the developer, who cares about the game and shares free builds and other stuff with the F95 community. My builds are stable, quality checked and don't have any maleware inside. Because I do give a shit about my game and reputation. And then there's some guy, who shares some zip archive, which may contain anything, including viruses, crypto miners, and other unpleasant crap. So what would a usual F95 member choose: a safe game client from the developer or some zipped archive from a random dude? I'd choose safety.;)
I hear you but before links are uploaded into the threads they are checked by our uploader/mods/staff whoever is doing it and by chance a member gets a malware alert the thread is pulled and checked by staff. Nothing to worry about there.
The part of sharing, there is a large base of dev that do that, both theres and others.
We also care and give a shit about what is posted we just don't post anything without checking it over. This is a pirate site so, and as such links given to us either public or silently, given by Dev or members who have found or pirated it will be posted. It's what we do.

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
I hear you but before links are uploaded into the threads they are checked by our uploader/mods/staff whoever is doing it and by chance a member gets a malware alert the thread is pulled and checked by staff. Nothing to worry about there.
About the part of sharing, there is a large base of dev that do that, both theres and others.
We also care and give a shit about what is posted we just don't post anything without checking it over. This is a pirate site so, and as such links given to us either public or silently, given by Dev or members who have found or pirated it will be posted. It's what we do.
I hear you, Muff Diver. And I know what this site is about, I've been around for some time before becoming the dev. ;) We've had an informal agreement before that free public client is one update behind Patreon's version: in this case, people get a free game, I get necessary funds to support the project and make the game better, and patrons get early access to the game. If things change, then it's probably for the better. We'll see.:angel:

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
@DarkCube posting of links from patreon before they go public has always been here. Some like to respect the dev here by not posting them, but they usually just give it to staff/mods. I understand your frustration at it, but its the reason we are here.
If we waited for only public links without trying to pirate links before they are released this place would be a ghost town. Thanks for understanding.

Reactions: bacchusplateau

geamoiri

Apr 23, 2017
It's surreal reading a dev's comments on a pirate site , trying to "convince" people not to pirate his game but wait for the public release.

K

Kedub

This build was taken from your patreon. It was just ziped to reduce size. I have not even once played your game. And won't. I was not comparing you with DmD and BB as a game developers. Just saying that they could survive with immediate link leaks and you will... may be.

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
This build was taken from your patreon. It was just ziped to reduce size. I have not even once played your game. And won't. I was not comparing you with DmD and BB as a game developers. Just saying that they could survive with immediate link leaks and you will... may be.
My man, I don't mind if you play the game. Not at all! ;)

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
20 minutes if you read everything, 3 if you just skip to the choices.
Hi, switchsl! So you've managed to play the whole game from start to finish with all choices, unlockable CGs, secrets and alternative characters in 20 minutes? Man, you've got talent!:D

Reactions: jolann

blobzerz

Sep 15, 2017
It's surreal reading a dev's comments on a pirate site , trying to "convince" people not to pirate his game but wait for the public release.
Is it kinda weird that in this case i will wait? He is not a dick about it so might as well.
Downside to that is: by the time public version gets released i might lose interest and will never be bothered to check this game again (and since i check here for new game versions and not patreon there's big chance it will happen since i doubt free 0.2 will be somehow noted in new releases since 0.3a is here already). So being decent for dev sake have cons also ;)

Reactions: Muff Diver

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That introduction didn't give me enough motivation to replay. It's just a .03 so you can't really blame me for not pursuing all paths, spending the time to find all the secrets, etc... it's just that when I saw you say something along the lines of "almost two hours of game play", I figured I would check it out because .03, you see? But anyhow, as someone that enjoys a story, I encourage you to keep plugging away at this, although I warn you that I am part of the minority as most others will just skip ahead because reading is hard. Regardless, good luck with your project!
I'm not the author of that introduction, and can't comment on someone's fan material in order to avoid spoilers. The info is incomplete, to say the least. Play the game, it's way better!;)

fbb

Oct 29, 2017
Are there really ~45 hidden CG or are the majority of them placeholder?
Great art! Stepsis is super nice.

Reactions: DarkCube

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
Are there really ~45 hidden CG or are the majority of them placeholder?
Great art! Stepsis is super nice.
Hi, fbb!
Glad that you're enjoying the game. There are multiple secret CGs in the game right now but far less than 45. Not sure from where that number has come from. And yeah, Alice is a hot young thing. ;)

3.90 star(s) 7 Votes