DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
I want to like the game, but when I went to put in the mc's name there was no space. Game is literally unplayable at this point and that is not due to the fact that the flashback scene is an endless loop.
Hi, Adoringfan
You've run out of space?! How many letters do you need for a name? :)
The game is absolutely playable and there's no loop in the exam scene. You've probably clicked through the tutorial message, which explains that you must use the mouse cursor to search the background for the pop-up icon and click on it to answer teacher's questions. Hope it helps and you'll enjoy the game. ;)

Reactions: DJD and xenos87

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Yeah it cycled through 3-4x with no change to dialogue and I figured I might've had the wrong version since someone mentioned a v0.2 in the thread. If you could add the option to use a space in the name that would be great, having to use a tilda just doesn't have the same effect.

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
Yeah it cycled through 3-4x with no change to dialogue and I figured I might've had the wrong version since someone mentioned a v0.2 in the thread. If you could add the option to use a space in the name that would be great, having to use a tilda just doesn't have the same effect.
The version is correct, just follow the tutorial message that I've mentioned earlier. v0.0.2 is available on Patreon and you can read its Changelog in the first post of this thread. :)

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
I had the same problem
Hi, draggon2
Thanks for reporting the issue! Have you tried 32bit or 64bit Mac versions of the game? Let me know if one of them works for you, download links are in the first post of this thread.

draggon2

Mar 7, 2018
Hi, draggon2
Thanks for reporting the issue! Have you tried 32bit or 64bit Mac versions of the game? Let me know if one of them works for you, download links are in the first post of this thread.
I tried both and they did not work I just got a black screen when I started the game

xenos87

May 2, 2017
Why does the op have a change-log for a version we can't download on this site? I thought it was a pirate forum

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
I tried both and they did not work I just got a black screen when I started the game
Understood. So far it seems to be a rare problem, but I'll keep tracking reports about this issue and will adjust the upcoming v0.0.3. In the meantime, you may try the web demo, which is shorter than v0.0.1, but can give you the taste of the game:

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
32bit build not start up on 32bit OS

The entry point in the procedure "TryAcquireSWRLockExclusive" isn't found in library DLL KERNEL32.dll (google translate).
Hi, sanmal
Thanks for reporting the issue. It's the first time I see it, but here's the question: are you trying to run it on Vista 32bit?

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
Hello. Yes. Vista=W7(in 99.9%).
It's not so easy, my friend. Unfortunately, the problem is in the absence of certain system core files in Vista libraries.
Your system Vista has outdated core system library of the game engine. There's nothing to do about it, updating to Win 7 or higher is the only solution.

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
Last months i download and use most update games in "Latest Update" page from this forum. And not start up only 64bit games and Timestamps(Which use "hand made" engine, some vers. ego. With last vers. all ok). Well, your 32bit vers. only one now, which didnt work on my shit (not have time for google transle now, sry:)).
*Fix - your and one more popular game with same "paint" style, not 3d.
Different games use different engines with different compatibility options with old operating systems. Glad that other projects work fine on your computer. If there will be some other fix, you'll know about it.

Reactions: sanmal

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
Ok. But still don't understand, it is not a futuristics AAA 3d games, it is just a slide-show. Why need use "something special" for this?
Surprisingly, some other things don't work on Windows 95 and Vista as well. Like text editors from Microsoft Office 2013, for example. And it's just text, nothing special. Right? :)

DieDuiwel82

Apr 21, 2018
Hello, guys and gals!
A great pleasure to have my game on F95, big thanks to N7! I'm the guy behind the development of "House of Maids" and I'm the resident of F95, so I'm checking threads regularly and your feedback and constructive criticism are much appreciated!

Now a very short FAQ about v 0.0.1:
  1. How long is v0.0.1? A: almost an hour long (!) if you decide to try out all choices and routes;
  2. Male or female protagonist? A: Male
  3. Incest/NTR friendly? A: Yes/No NTR
  4. Do you plan to move to 0.0.2? A: v0.0.2 is already available on Patreon and adds almost 30-40 minutes of content, check out the changelog.
  5. Dark Cube, are you another lazy tasteless dev? A: two updates in one month, almost two hours of content, lewd scenes with hot chicks on every corner - no, not lazy! :) Tasteless? Check out the game! :D
That's it for now, I'll be happy to hear more from you, guys. Keep playing and stay sharp!
So is this the full version or a demo? Since it ends when you find the maid or on the beach. It feels more like a demo than the first release that is supposed to have an hours worth of game play.

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
So is this the full version or a demo? Since it ends when you find the maid or on the beach. It feels more like a demo than the first release that is supposed to have an hours worth of game play.
Hi, DieDuiwel82
Thanks for trying out the game! It's v0.0.1, which demonstrates what the game is about, introduces characters, mechanics, etc. Patreon version of the game is already v0.0.2, you may check out the changelog in the first post of this thread.

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018

New on the game has arrived!
The report is public and provides information about the game development stages, achievements, and improvements.
More information about upcoming v0.0.3, and if you're wondering if the lactating collared chick will be there - the answer is YES! :) So check out the report and follow the development process:

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018

, a popular adult games and media site, has written news about "House of Maids"! :D It's on the main page, so check it out:
It's exciting to see own game making an appearance in the press! :D

Reactions: muttdoggy

MrXV

Oct 3, 2017
That's great, When's 0.2 hitting F95zone though? Since, it's been on patreon a bit now. ( Who uses patreon these days anyway?).

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
That's great, When's 0.2 hitting F95zone though? Since, it's been on patreon a bit now. ( Who uses patreon these days anyway?).
Hi, MrXV!
Glad that you like the game. v0.0.3 comes out next month and then v0.0.2 will go public. ;)

3.90 star(s) 7 Votes