• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

XaiK

Mar 24, 2022
come on, that's enough, I tested the game for 20 minutes, it was 20 minutes too long, already between the bugs, the useless options... the freezes at the start of the game and the FUCKING of the first enemies that not content to be a pain in the ass to appear in places where you can't do anything, blocks you in your progress, definitely, this is perhaps the most badly jerked off game I've ever tested. I even wonder how the developer saw fit to release it without having tested it himself to see if it worked correctly... it's a shame to release a game in such a state... even incomplete.

anonymous558

Jun 6, 2018
More like a proof of concept than a game at this stage. Let me know if it ever becomes more than that, because most of the stuff on this site doesn't.

zxombor24

Jul 1, 2022
looked good (resemble Zell23 FoTBS games) but no sound, laggy, freeze often, cant interact with option menu ect.
its really a shame it dont work

Nagul Enforcer

Sep 6, 2020
It's not a bad premise, if a little unoriginal, but holy shit does this game have bugs. The controls aren't told to you (Z confirm, X deconfirm, C Menu, and the space bar sprints) There's a decent amount of weird checks. The first enemy is way to active, and you probably will die to her especially if you don't know how to sprint. Everything taking so long is annoying as hell. If it was just draws fine if little annoying, but hiding, saving, and opening doors along with everything else is a dealbreaker. I'll comeback in say a year or two and see what it's like. I don't like watching games die, but this needs polish, fixes, and actual sound/music or ambience.

Kolibrik

Jul 27, 2018
Reminds me of that boy exploring a school at night with a flashlight. Made by the same author?

XaiK

Mar 24, 2022
Reminds me of that boy exploring a school at night with a flashlight. Made by the same author?
Afterschool Tag? i doubt it... i highly doubt it... for some reason i'll keep personnal for now, just the time to do some research.

edit: Afterschool Tag is made by DottoruGames ... so no, not the same devs...

and the reason that made me doubt are the following : in contrary of this game : AfterSchool Tag was playable when it still was in developpement, i don't remember having seen bugs or freezes and the "roaming" enemy is flyable enough to not disturb your progression... (more over, the "roaming" ennemy can be heard and does not catch you in an area where it is totally impossible to fly away => LIKE A FUCKING CORRIDOR WHERE THE CHARACTER NEEDS 5 FUCKING SECONDS TO OPEN A DOOR !)

Last edited:

Kolibrik

Jul 27, 2018
Afterschool Tag? i doubt it... i highly doubt it... for some reason i'll keep personnal for now, just the time to do some research.

and the reason that made me doubt are the following : in contrary of this game : AfterSchool Tag was playable when it still was in developpement, i don't remember having seen bugs or freezes and the "roaming" enemy is flyable enough to not disturb your progression... (more over, the "roaming" ennemy can be heard and does not catch you in an area where it is totally impossible to fly away => LIKE A FUCKING CORRIDOR WHERE THE CHARACTER NEEDS 5 FUCKING SECONDS TO OPEN A DOOR !)
Yeah, you are right lmao. Thanks for correcting me!!

CallousHayat

Dec 31, 2021
Game controls don't work unfortunately. Had some hope honestly, even tried using a controller... It doesn't support controller (I know It was obvious, just wanted to try it)

Nydor

Nov 30, 2021

You are comparing a fully released game to a 0.1 early prototype. Can't say I expected more from the average F95 user.

Reactions: AHornyLad99

Xorrak

May 25, 2020
uh yeah.. game is pretty broken, menus don't work properly. Loading from save and i'm suddenly invisible. Got stuck at titfuck monster so I had to restart but now I can't continue. Hm...

XaiK

Mar 24, 2022
You are comparing a fully released game to a 0.1 early prototype. Can't say I expected more from the average F95 user.

"AfterSchool Tag was playable when it still was in developpement" => maybe you don't know what "in developpement" means...

let me help me => "In developpement" means "NOT FULLY RELEASED" => which means the version was strictly inferior to V1.0, which means V0.9 or less...

which mean i compared a prototype, with a fully released game, sure, WHEN IT WAS A PROTOTYPE AS WELL!!!

reading is good too, you know...

Reactions: jacobjacob

Magnafiend

Jul 7, 2022
Love the concept but man its rough around the edges. Interaction times are a bit long (I'd say halve them for doors and closets, and none for save points, just disable the save if in an active chase). Also having a little more of a delay on the monsters following into a new room. Tone down the spawn rates of the first monster, and adjust the spawn locations so it spawns more towards teh middle of rooms. Ive died so many times to it spawning at an edge of the room just as I enter with no time to react. I also had a bit of optimization issues with slowdown but I'm not sure how much of that is on my end. Aside from that just make sure the menus all work and maybe add a note about controls for the game in the starting room or something and you're off to a good start from there.

EDIT: Just found out she can spawn in the puzzle room in front of the place you have to input the answer, meaning its a guaranteed hit (not that you can open the door fast enough anyway since she spawns 2 feet away). Make rooms like this that have other elements to them "safe" from her spawning. It's extremely frustrating having the chaser spawn in a room with literally no escape. I've basically resorted to save scumming and praying for rng for her to NOT spawn since closets are useless since she spawns in before you can even get close enough for the prompt, let alone finish it (and half crash the game anyway).

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrathrard

Nydor

Nov 30, 2021
"AfterSchool Tag was playable when it still was in developpement" => maybe you don't know what "in developpement" means...

let me help me => "In developpement" means "NOT FULLY RELEASED" => which means the version was strictly inferior to V1.0, which means V0.9 or less...

which mean i compared a prototype, with a fully released game, sure, WHEN IT WAS A PROTOTYPE AS WELL!!!

reading is good too, you know...
Afterschool Tag released as a full game. It wasn't released as an "in-development" title. So you are just plain wrong here.
Also the way you write just makes it clear you are not even 18. I wish there was a ways to really filter out children from this site.

Reactions: Kaizen

Kenzec

Oct 9, 2021
Ive tried to get my mind around this Pre Trial Version. Only things ive noticed which are collectable and Interactable are these:

Watering Can inside the Trap room on a Table.
Leaf of some kind of Flower on the first Floor left side Main Hall
Key and Note inside the Room left next to the Save Room
Dripping Faucet in the Kitchen on the right side of the Mansion

Have no idea if the Demo goes further than this, tried everything but now i drop it. Ill wait for the next Update

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes