• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

nikkunamesu

Dec 26, 2019
It won't launch, hangs after the "made with unity" screen.
The log says
Curl error 60: Cert verify failed: UNITYTLS_X509VERIFY_FLAG_USER_ERROR1
SSL CA certificate error
Curl error 7: Failed to connect to docs.google.com port 443 after 2037 ms: Connection refused
Cannot connect to destination host

Imagine requiring online connection and proper certificated to launch a tiny hentai game, this is worse than DRM. Why is such phone home functionality even allowed, it should be detectable by antivirus. Who knows what it's sending where.
And to have the entire launch sequence fail due to an unnecessary online call is super lame.
AFAIK it's enabled by default in Unity builds

Seedmanc

Apr 12, 2024
So how do I fix it? I tried rebooting to Win7 (my old second OS), it does work there, but this OS of mine is highly unstable these days and I won't be able to use it every time I want to play.
I recall having this certificate problem before with a completely different software, not even Unity based, it was Ollama (AI text generation), it failed to download models from their repository with a similar error, but that doesn't help me understand it.
Since it works on Win7, it's not an ISP problem. I already tried running in Win7 compatibility mode.
I wish I could somehow trick the game into thinking that it accessed googledocs successfully. Surely there can't be anything crucial to the gameplay there, must be just the statistics collection.

Strangely enough, the demo from Steam works. Really makes you think this is some kind of DRM. I thought the games shared here are all jailbroken.

Last edited:

Seedmanc

Apr 12, 2024
In the end I had to install Win7 on a virtual machine and play from there. Imagine having to go such lengths just to play some pixel game (which requires videocard drivers installation or you get 10 fps).
I do not recommend such experience and gamemakers like this should be punished, both for unauthorized phoning home built into their games and requiring online connection and a particular OS for it to be playable.

• Haha
Reactions: XMHK and ViviX12

z-z

Aug 17, 2022
It won't launch, hangs after the "made with unity" screen.
The log says
Curl error 60: Cert verify failed: UNITYTLS_X509VERIFY_FLAG_USER_ERROR1
SSL CA certificate error
Curl error 7: Failed to connect to docs.google.com port 443 after 2037 ms: Connection refused
Cannot connect to destination host

Imagine requiring online connection and proper certificated to launch a tiny hentai game, this is worse than DRM. Why is such phone home functionality even allowed, it should be detectable by antivirus. Who knows what it's sending where.
And to have the entire launch sequence fail due to an unnecessary online call is super lame.
weird never had this problem

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes