Unity Horror in Hongdae [v02.2024] [David Balsamique]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021
weird unfinished game with iffy mechanics
pretty good definitely checking this one out for a while waiting

Dec 11, 2018
With the recent Unity pricing controversy, Balsamique might need to switch engine again.
From
Starting in January, games will qualify for the Unity Runtime Fee after the game has passed a minimum revenue threshold in the last 12 months and passed a minimum lifetime install count. Unity says it has intentionally set high revenue and install thresholds to avoid impacting smaller developers. Unity's current threshold for Unity Personal and Plus is set for games that have made $200,000 or more in the last 12 months and have at least 200,000 lifetime game installs; after hitting the threshold for those plans, developers will be charged $0.20 per install over the threshold. For the Pro and Enterprise versions, the games must have made $1,000,000 or more in the last 12 months and have at least 1,000,000 lifetime installs. For the Pro license, developers will be charged between $0.02 and $0.15 per install over the threshold, while Enterprise license holders will be charged between $0.01 and $0.125 per install over the threshold.
I think Balsa will be fine.
Perhaps he might want to switch engine for his next game, but certainly not for this.
The fee only comes into effect, after a certain number of games have been installed or a certain amount of money made from game sales.
Well, Balsa doesn't even sell his game currently. Subscribers get to download it free of charge. And technically nobody "installs" his game. It's just an archive, that needs to be unpacked. So does this even apply to him at all?
Ok, he plans to sell his ame on Steam soon, but even then it would take a long, looong time to reach these numbers, unless the game becomes a surprise hit. And in that case Balsa surely wouldn't be sad because of 0,20$ per install.

guiseppe

Jun 5, 2017
pretty nice game - the main character is typical french to me and him beeing in asia is exotic and different. charming.

not so charming is the chosen engine. to me. i can play it only a few minutes at a time due to my hardware limitations and i am comparing it to the dune according to game size and features and wondering what makes unity so great - i am definitely impressed by the flash

anyway i made it through the end and liked it - there are quite some language mixups say french appearing in english, in case it hasnt been mentioned yet

Dec 11, 2018
Did David get banned because of all the ai pedo trash he kept making? Hilarious. Is he working elsewhere or is this a death sentence for the game?
Edit: I see he's on subscribestar, nothing on kemono though
His subscriber count is disappointing and not sustainable. I don't know how many he had before on Patreon but he certainly has fewer now. I'd say the paltry payment options are at least partly to blame. I would like to subscribe for a month or two and see what's up, but I don't want to apply for a credit card just for that.
Horror in Hongdae is supposed to be released on Steam soon, though. So that will hopefully bring in some paying customers.

Dec 11, 2018
And why his patreon was nuked? For pics with little gnomes from HS?
Very likely. Although he hasn't posted any unclothed ones on patreon itself. But apparently patreon is now also looking at off-site content of their creators and issuing bans based on that (which is bullshit, if true).
It could also be the incest content in BtD. He's been getting away with it for years, despite making no attempt to conceal it. Maybe someone at patreon finally took a look at the game.

• Wow
Reactions: Kirara23

ultramanfan

Jun 17, 2017
In more recent news. There are no news. ):
Saw he updated in his subscribe star on the 19th, but it's locked behind a paywall.

kdaniel111

Jun 27, 2022
Why not? The game is already pretty far along and progress is steady.

That'r really nice to hear !!! And hey man, yesterday I downloaded from your post Vega Hunter, just so I can play, and I need to say - Big Thanks !!! Game is gorgeous, Simple, interesting and really really fun to play ;) I love Balsamique works ! I still will wait for this to be completed ;D

• Red Heart
Reactions: reynold.biplane

LOGhetto

Nov 8, 2017
Very likely. Although he hasn't posted any unclothed ones on patreon itself. But apparently patreon is now also looking at off-site content of their creators and issuing bans based on that (which is bullshit, if true).
It could also be the incest content in BtD. He's been getting away with it for years, despite making no attempt to conceal it. Maybe someone at patreon finally took a look at the game.
Always a reminder that Patreon and prudes of fictional content are retards.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes