RPGM Horny Isekai Party! [Dev Thread]

Best KonoSuba girl?

• Total voters
Oct 1, 2021
Here's the SubStar page! (It's here at the top so they can approve my page)

Hello everyone!
Before the alpha demo gets released, I wanted to make a dev thread for my project.
Horny Isekai Party! is a KonoSuba parody. Why KonoSuba? I like the anime and c'mon, who doesn't want to see the girls in lewd situations.
It'll probably take me a few weeks to finally roll the demo out, but in the meantime I will be posting WIPs and such here.
If you want more info, check out my ! (I don't expect anyone to pledge yet since the actual game isn't out, but I wanted to make it now rather than later)
I also tried my best to make Axel faithful to the original design. (In the screenshot it looks a little wonky since none of the events pop up on the saved map image.)
Right now for the demo I'm trying to have the first quest done and at least 1 scene for each girl. Currently Aqua has 2 scenes, Darkness & Megumin have 1 each.
If you have any thoughts, ideas or feedback I'd love to hear it. I want this project to be what KonoSuba fans like.

Here are some WIP pictures!

WIPAqua.png WIPAqua2.png WIPAqua3.png WIPDarkness.png WIPMegumin.png WIP.png WIP2.png Map106.png Screenshot1.png Screenshot2.png

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021
These past 2 weeks I haven't gotten as much work done as I wanted to, but things are progressing nicely regardless!

New stuff:
  • The first dungeon/cave is almost done.
  • Battle system is 90% done.
  • Kazuma's art is around 70% done, mainly just need to draw the expressions.
  • Added some NPC flavor dialogue.
  • Item shop and blacksmith done.
  • Started working on a clothing system. You can unlock clothes to gift to the girls for them to wear and unlock a scene (such as a maid outfit, because obviously there would be one). A door isn't showing up on the picture since it's an event.

My current goal is to have the demo out before the end of November. It will probably have some little bugs (map bugs are sometimes plentiful but it doesn't break the game) and since it's only 0.0.1 it's more of a sample than anything. I have lots of ideas for the game, but those need to be solidified first. Since KonoSuba doesn't exactly have a story or anything, I'm just brainstorming some kind of storyline to put in the game lol.
Anyways, I want the player to be able to interact with the girls and do fun stuff, so I'm coming up with a bunch of ideas on what could be done.

Till another update!

Cave.png Cave.png Road.png Tailor.png

Reactions: Dementor_ene

Tikkar

Dec 10, 2017
This looks promising so far, dont start to get stresst out if you feel it goes slowly. Take youre Time, think about what you want and how you want it to be as Player not as Creator. Most Games who keep that in mind Turn out better then those who just got slapped together. Oh and one more thing, you dont need to be active dayli, just keep up reports every on what you had done every 2 to 4 weeks and People will look youre way ;)
No one minds a slowly but steadily growing creation as long as growth can be see :)

Reactions: GoldShrimpGames

Dementor_ene

Dec 6, 2020
I'm also a Konosuba fan.
And the fact that someone is making a game in this setting is very encouraging.
The locations and pixel art looks great.
But the artwork... No offense, but I recommend getting your anatomy and drawing skills up, or hiring an artist.
In any case, good luck with development!

Oct 1, 2021
Thank you for the replies! I'm definitely working on the game whenever I have time. There's not much left to do before I can post the first version and I'm excited.

But the artwork... No offense, but I recommend getting your anatomy and drawing skills up, or hiring an artist.
Aw man. This is super discouraging since I really try my best and use references/3D pose apps :'(
I don't have the means to hire anyone else to do the art and frankly don't want to since this is a personal project.
But I'll try to make the art better from now on...

Reactions: Dementor_ene

longbong

Dec 16, 2019
I'm also a Konosuba fan.
And the fact that someone is making a game in this setting is very encouraging.
The locations and pixel art looks great.
In any case, good luck with development!
Care to share actual constructive criticism regarding anatomy, besides get a better artist genuine question since armchair artists love that buzzword and so many projects have that tired response.

Dementor_ene

Dec 6, 2020
Care to share actual constructive criticism regarding anatomy, besides get a better artist genuine question since armchair artists love that buzzword and so many projects have that tired response.
1) This is my personal view and does not claim to be true.
2) Just compare the characters in the anime or manga with the GoldShrimpGames characters. You will surely see the difference.
3) My statement only serves to let the author see what he should have focused on, not to provoke fierce debate. The author is free to either listen to or ignore my statement.
4) The better the images, the larger the audience the game can attract. It's also probably in the GoldShrimpGames best interest.

Oct 1, 2021
2) Just compare the characters in the anime or manga with the GoldShrimpGames characters. You will surely see the difference.
Sigh. Here's the thing. This is a fangame and not an official game. It's very unfair to demand/expect me to make the characters look exactly like how they're drawn officially. It's not valid criticism just to say that fan art doesn't look like the official art, it's impossible for me to copy it directly and I want to draw them my own way. I am not a machine.

I feel my art is fine and there are plenty other (parody) games where the artist clearly doesn't even care what they put out.
At this point I'm not even sure if you're trolling or not, tbh.

Dementor_ene

Dec 6, 2020
Sigh. Here's the thing. This is a fangame and not an official game. It's very unfair to demand/expect me to make the characters look exactly like how they're drawn officially. It's not valid criticism just to say that fan art doesn't look like the official art, it's impossible for me to copy it directly and I want to draw them my own way. I am not a machine.

I feel my art is fine and there are plenty other (parody) games where the artist clearly doesn't even care what they put out.
At this point I'm not even sure if you're trolling or not, tbh.
A fan game doesn't always mean it's different from the original :unsure:
And what does that have to do with what the original's drawings looks like? If I'm talking about the anatomy.

Unfair to expect? Seriously? Since when is expectation unfair, what is this nonsense? Everyone has the right to expect and hope for anything.
And I did not make any demands. I said above that it's my opinion and you're free to ignore it.
People have become so squishy. God forbid to give advice or express an opinion, as you immediately become almost an enemy of the people. :cautious:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I will be watching this game with great interest.

However much Darkness content is in here, please add more. One can never have too much best Girl.

Darkness fate.jpg

Oct 1, 2021
Happy new year everyone! May the pandemic stop buttfucking us this year.

Thanks for the nice comments!
Unfortunately I was wayyy too busy last month because of work+holidays and couldn't finish the demo yet. Rest assured it's being worked on slowly but steadily! Right now it's mostly more scenario building and art.
c00.jpg

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

Unfortunately I was wayyy too busy last month because of work+holidays and couldn't finish the demo yet. Rest assured it's being worked on slowly but steadily! Right now it's mostly more scenario building and art.
View attachment 1578906
Well here's to 2022 not pulling out a strap-on fit for Darkness and continuing the buttfucking.

As for your heitus, no worries there. It was the holiday season which is a time for friends and family. I hope you had a lot of fun and a feast fit for Aqua on payday.

Hibikiki

Sep 29, 2018

View attachment 1578906
It's understandable that you were busy during the holidays. Take your time with the game, we can wait patiently

Oct 1, 2021
I've had a lot more time to focus on the game, woo!
I finally got around to finishing Kazuma's art, bust art takes a while since I have to draw over 30 different parts and also combine them for expressions (Megumin's folder alone has 55).
I'm also planning on making the battle art different than the default ones, but those aren't the priority right now. It'll look more dynamic in the end so I'll definitely add them a little later!
To be honest, converting the characters into pixel art is probs my least favorite part since they have a lot of details which are hard to make into tiny pixels, lol.

The beginning of the game is shaping up nicely. It's just hard to figure out things when you have 3 girls to handle at the same time. The beginning starts with Aqua, then Megumin and finally Darkness joins the party. In the game they already know each other, but there will be a short introduction of each girl just for the players who have never watched/read Konosuba before.
Just a little disclaimer; the game deviates from the canon story (what story) and Axel looks different, but think of it as some kinda alternative timeline or something. Rest assured I'm doing my best to make the characters faithful to the originals!

But yeah, all in all I'm trying to figure out how the game progresses and all the technical stuff. I like making the maps since I usually get really into it and can brainstorm ideas at the same time. I just want the demo to be of good quality and not half-assed, since I don't want this to be another sucky RPGM game. More than likely I'll update existing places/events/art as the game progresses and I get better at it.
There's a bunch of ideas for scenes in my notepad, now I just need to decide which ones are the best and start drawing the art. I also decided to try making the CG art with cell shading to match the bust art better. Oh and also, I'm not sure if I'll stick with the pixel font. I might replace it for a font that's easier to read and maybe make the pixel font optional.

(I'm not posting on Patreon yet, will do when I publish the game's thread here)

Till another update!

AquaWhining.png Forest.png AbandonedHouse.png Battle.png Slime2.png