• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
FFS it looks like the dev is counting on the supporters to dictate the project. Fucking dumpster fire.
edit* It seems I was wrong they have planned and thought out the content and are asking the community how they feel about it first.

Last edited:
Reactions: qaywsx

juliusnestor

Sep 9, 2020
very good demo, I only hope that the future games will keep the same orientation as the demo and will not fall into the same deviance as usual NTR/GROSSES/INCEST/NETORARE which generally ask on F95 by people who 90% do not spend not $1 for games.

Reactions: reb95 and th3n

vihnyan

Mar 13, 2018
very good demo, I only hope that the future games will keep the same orientation as the demo and will not fall into the same deviance as usual NTR/GROSSES/INCEST/NETORARE which generally ask on F95 by people who 90% do not spend not $1 for games.
calm down man wtf, most of those things tends to be optional.

Leutnant Obvious

Apr 1, 2024
Hating on a Game for Optional stuff is some woke ass shit!

I believe it's time to express this sentiment: If you criticize a game or hate due to something optional stuff, you seem to belong to the "woke bubble" in my view.

"Oh, I don't like that. I don't care if I don't have to play it; I don't want you to be able to play it either!"

As far as I can tell, everything in this game so far is optional. So why the negativity towards something that was presented as an additional option?

Just because you don't like it, does that mean no one else should be able to play it?

I can understand if something is forced upon you—take "The Last of Us 2," which was terrible in that point. But if I have the choice to bypass it and the content I want is well-executed, then I'm okay with that.

Let other players have a different experience. more players more support for the game

Dont go Woke!

th3n

Jan 27, 2022
Hating on a Game for Optional stuff is some woke ass shit!

I believe it's time to express this sentiment: If you criticize a game or hate due to something optional stuff, you seem to belong to the "woke bubble" in my view.

"Oh, I don't like that. I don't care if I don't have to play it; I don't want you to be able to play it either!"

As far as I can tell, everything in this game so far is optional. So why the negativity towards something that was presented as an additional option?

Just because you don't like it, does that mean no one else should be able to play it?

I can understand if something is forced upon you—take "The Last of Us 2," which was terrible in that point. But if I have the choice to bypass it and the content I want is well-executed, then I'm okay with that.

Let other players have a different experience. more players more support for the game

Dont go Woke!
Because the "optional" content takes time, that is not used in the principal content. If a game have 2 pahts and are equally developed then both paths recibe half the content. But in case of the three letter tags things changes, because the people who like also like other content, but the people who hate it doesn't want to see it. The history with ntr it's too long to resume here, but to sumarize there are so many games and devs that have been fucking with ntr-haters that there is 0 trust anymore for devs and most people like me want to know if its going to have the content to not play in first place. And the hate is not for the game, is for the tag perse, it's a controversial topic, and to prevent discussion people like myself prefer to ask before playing the game because if it's going to have, just ignore the game and at the same time, save time for future people asking the same questions. You can ask the same question to the ntr people, why DM or write in threads asking to put the content when it was not previously planed? Because they want the content. I dont want that content and just like you can say what you want, people can comment on content that they dont like.

EDIT: There are little games that mix type of content and kinks and have good luck with it, the normal thing is that you decide what your game is about and the people that are interested in it will come, if you attract x type of people and then do y type of thing then the x people will not feel good about it. Dev can do what he want for the game, it's his. But people can have the reaction they want too for the content too.

Sorry for the big text, i think i extend too much the text. I just wanted to answer the question because see it on notifications, but probably my presence in this thread will probably disappear. Good luck to you all and best of lucks for the dev and all your proyects and future ones<3

Jun 2, 2022
The game doesn't end there. During the previous conversation with Bridget, you have the option to respond three times. Choose "Logic" twice and "Humanity" once to proceed.
You actually expect people to reload and go through that whole sequence up to eight times until they happen to hit on the right choices? And this is something you're going to keep doing in this game?

Leutnant Obvious

Apr 1, 2024
Because the "optional" content takes time, that is not used in the principal content. If a game have 2 pahts and are equally developed then both paths recibe half the content. But in case of the three letter tags things changes, because the people who like also like other content, but the people who hate it doesn't want to see it. The history with ntr it's too long to resume here, but to sumarize there are so many games and devs that have been fucking with ntr-haters that there is 0 trust anymore for devs and most people like me want to know if its going to have the content to not play in first place. And the hate is not for the game, is for the tag perse, it's a controversial topic, and to prevent discussion people like myself prefer to ask before playing the game because if it's going to have, just ignore the game and at the same time, save time for future people asking the same questions. You can ask the same question to the ntr people, why DM or write in threads asking to put the content when it was not previously planed? Because they want the content. I dont want that content and just like you can say what you want, people can comment on content that they dont like.

EDIT: There are little games that mix type of content and kinks and have good luck with it, the normal thing is that you decide what your game is about and the people that are interested in it will come, if you attract x type of people and then do y type of thing then the x people will not feel good about it. Dev can do what he want for the game, it's his. But people can have the reaction they want too for the content too.

Sorry for the big text, i think i extend too much the text. I just wanted to answer the question because see it on notifications, but probably my presence in this thread will probably disappear. Good luck to you all and best of lucks for the dev and all your proyects and future ones<3

Thats the only valid point I can give, is that creating content I don't like consumes time and detracts from what I want. I agree with you on this but only on this.

Personally, I don't find feed stuff good. However, after consulting with the developer, I understand that many people appreciate it :sick:.

But If this takes time and delays my progress with EDEN :love:, I'd prefer that over the project receiving no support and failing.

Greater diversity creates more opportunities for generating income, which in turn can boost success. However, I understand if it is forced. But in this game, I can fuck EDEN in the ass without having to get a footjob from Bridget.

And i want more of EDEN! If I have to wait a few more days for it, that's okay, as long as I get something in return.

rspkers

Sep 20, 2017
Gave this a try. Not a fan of the choice system. I don't think randomly ending the game if the player doesn't guess whatever arbitrary bullshit sequence of events you want them to pick makes much sense from an enjoyment perspective. I genuinely thought the game was over after not picking the "correct" nonsense to tell Bridgette.

Also, the "dom" path with Bridgette seems to be bugged. For some odd reason, the MC still acts like a bumbling submissive coward for the remainder of the demo even after choosing it. :Kappa:

In otherwords, it's a bit jarring if you're going to write him to be this inept buffoon that gets verbally pushed around in every other instance, only for him to suddenly switch gears exclusively when it comes to sex. Perhaps this was designed to be a femdom game first and foremost, (Dev notes has no clarification on tags) in which case this game just probably isn't made for me. Or, perhaps it's too early to tell and the MC will actually grow a spine as time progresses? Dunno, not enough info.

As for real bugs:
HorizonNexus.0.1.Demo_1sEfKAAERw.png

Other than that, renders are slick, girls are hot, and the idea of base building and colonizing planets sounds super cool. Looking forward to more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juerhullycin

E_nigma

Jan 20, 2019
Yeah honestly I'd like to know. I gave it an honest shot and played through and actually read but if any of the questionable shit is in the pipeline i'd rather not get invested in any way

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Good looking game with beautiful ladies and interesting plot lines running across and into eachother in somewhat unconfortable but interesting ways right through the gameplay.

Starting with fast paced cutscenes that remind players of outworld exploration and corporate espionage and human revolution in the midst of so many rogue agents being nasty working for either the establishment or the rival corpos running interference of the deadly kind;
- players familiar with dead space, mass effect or cyberpunk games will relate and have fond memories;
- alien movies level of cutthroat corpo tactics with actions of outright guerrilla warfare close to deux ex human revolution - these will populate the minds of gamers getting a feel for the gameplay.

Lore rich eastereggs all over the place with iconic scenes from some of the games above being teased to bring back the muscle memory of going day by day to hunt down the right time slot for the right event to trigger ...

There are some hiccups even with a tight lipped demo such as this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
Looks very good for an initial release. I really like the characters and the setting so far, and there is a very good amount of content. Only nitpick I have is that the sandbox aspect of it isn't really intuitive, as I'm not aware if I'm actually doing something useful by clicking on all the small storage spaces and opening the containers in the hub for example, among other things. Looking forward to future updates.

H0rnyPot4to

Sep 15, 2021
1712113032103.png Something is wrong with the part with the Tech room where I have to push the button? When the option "push" show up, I couldn't do anything with it or click anywhere, and I ended up failing.

Last edited:

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
I second it looks great for an initial release, but the plead for backing the project sounds like they have a kickstarter up or smth and not just ye olde patreon.
I'm definitely a bit sceptical about the "we can do everything, the possibilities are limitless" thing advertised, that usually scares me right off, but I suppose I have the luxury to wait.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
This game might have promise, but it has the stupidest branching path idea I've ever come across.

Pick the wrong choice and it's game over. Not only is it game over, but it's game over in half an hour to an hour, because the game will continue to play until you finally figure out that you failed.

What is the point here?
Making the player feel the "weight" of their choices?
There's none. You reload, you skip all the content, you press different buttons. There's no weight, just the weight of savegame management to allow reloads at checkpoints.

Keeping the player in the dark so they're surpised by the result?
The result is largely out of your hands. You can only guess, and then you just content skip again. Getting the revelation "you failed an hour earlier, try again" is not exciting, or fun, or surpises you. It's just a bad idea.

Allowing the player to see the results of his failure, to allow a glimpse into an alternate timeline where you fail?
Nope. The content is identical. There is no added content, no changed content. It's just a game over screen with an hour delay.
You don't get to "see" your failure, you just get notified. Sorry bro, you failed an hour ago.

There is nothing redeeming to this gameplay mechanic. It adds nothing, it just detracts. It doesn't even increase playtime, since players will just skip. It takes players out of the game and into content skipping, which distances them from the gameplay experience.

An unimaginably bad decision.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
This game might have promise, but it has the stupidest branching path idea I've ever come across.

Pick the wrong choice and it's game over. Not only is it game over, but it's game over in half an hour to an hour, because the game will continue to play until you finally figure out that you failed.

What is the point here?
Making the player feel the "weight" of their choices?
There's none. You reload, you skip all the content, you press different buttons. There's no weight, just the weight of savegame management to allow reloads at checkpoints.

Keeping the player in the dark so they're surpised by the result?
The result is largely out of your hands. You can only guess, and then you just content skip again. Getting the revelation "you failed an hour earlier, try again" is not exciting, or fun, or surpises you. It's just a bad idea.

Allowing the player to see the results of his failure, to allow a glimpse into an alternate timeline where you fail?
Nope. The content is identical. There is no added content, no changed content. It's just a game over screen with an hour delay.
You don't get to "see" your failure, you just get notified. Sorry bro, you failed an hour ago.

There is nothing redeeming to this gameplay mechanic. It adds nothing, it just detracts. It doesn't even increase playtime, since players will just skip. It takes players out of the game and into content skipping, which distances them from the gameplay experience.

An unimaginably bad decision.
Thanks for the feedback. I have brought this up with PHiL, like the possibility of providing some type of clues so the player could figure it out without the guide.

FYI, you don't have to be kept in the dark. When starting a new game, you have the choice for a guide by picking the EASY game mode:
1712271360628.png

And then, when you run into a choice like which server to pick, you're told in green which you should pick:
So ultimately you really shouldn't need to be completely blind when making the choice. I'll pass along your reaction to this part to him, though. Again, the feedback is appreciated.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Thanks for the feedback. I have brought this up with PHiL, like the possibility of providing some type of clues so the player could figure it out without the guide.

FYI, you don't have to be kept in the dark. When starting a new game, you have the choice for a guide by picking the EASY game mode:

And then, when you run into a choice like which server to pick, you're told in green which you should pick:
So ultimately you really shouldn't need to be completely blind when making the choice. I'll pass along your reaction to this part to him, though. Again, the feedback is appreciated.
There's a couple problems with the Game Mode.
1. If the dev offers "exclusive content" for a game mode, most players will pick that option.

2. No help is indicated as "you have to play minigames and don't get tips" (since Easy talks about minigames).
This is a problem. The game is not "hard" or "hardcore". I'm not having any difficulty with loading a previous save and skipping through the dialogue and clicking other options. That's not hardcore or difficult, it pulls me out of the game into the savegame meta level. It ruins the atmosphere.
Nor are the minigames or choices "hardcore" or difficult. They're random. The outcome for the decisions is dependent on your luck in picking the right options, not in actually engaging with the situation, puzzeling things out or using clues for a deduction. You just guess. Maybe you're right. Maybe you're wrong. If you're wrong, you reload, skip, click different things.

The Problem is that I want to play hardcore - but it isn't. It's random. Decisions and minigames should not be random - or a chore. They should be fun.

3. The dev should ask themself what exactly they're going for with that mechanic and the minigames. What's the purpose they're supposed to fulfill and how should they affect the player's experience. And do those things actually do what they're intended to do or are they badly/wrongly implemented?

If the decisions would be based on you paying attention for clues that help you in deducing the right course of action, that'd be interesting. If it's just guessing, it's boring.
The same applies to the minigames. They're not fun. They're a chore. But they don't have to be. People have been able to create entertaining small minigames that provide both a challenge, as well as some excitement.

This game has potential, but there are some design decisions that are completely incomphrensible to me. I do not know and cannot imagine what the developer thought those would contribute to the game.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
There's a couple problems with the Game Mode.
1. If the dev offers "exclusive content" for a game mode, most players will pick that option.

2. No help is indicated as "you have to play minigames and don't get tips" (since Easy talks about minigames).
This is a problem. The game is not "hard" or "hardcore". I'm not having any difficulty with loading a previous save and skipping through the dialogue and clicking other options. That's not hardcore or difficult, it pulls me out of the game into the savegame meta level. It ruins the atmosphere.
Nor are the minigames or choices "hardcore" or difficult. They're random. The outcome for the decisions is dependent on your luck in picking the right options, not in actually engaging with the situation, puzzeling things out or using clues for a deduction. You just guess. Maybe you're right. Maybe you're wrong. If you're wrong, you reload, skip, click different things.

The Problem is that I want to play hardcore - but it isn't. It's random. Decisions and minigames should not be random - or a chore. They should be fun.

3. The dev should ask themself what exactly they're going for with that mechanic and the minigames. What's the purpose they're supposed to fulfill and how should they affect the player's experience. And do those things actually do what they're intended to do or are they badly/wrongly implemented?

If the decisions would be based on you paying attention for clues that help you in deducing the right course of action, that'd be interesting. If it's just guessing, it's boring.
The same applies to the minigames. They're not fun. They're a chore. But they don't have to be. People have been able to create entertaining small minigames that provide both a challenge, as well as some excitement.

This game has potential, but there are some design decisions that are completely incomphrensible to me. I do not know and cannot imagine what the developer thought those would contribute to the game.
First, let me say thank you for all of the feedback. It's helpful to see what people like and don't so improvements can be made over time. Seriously, it's appreciated.
  1. That is fair, although that is also player choice. The answers are available if you choose Easy Mode. On a high level, I can't imagine choosing a game mode that is indicated to be more difficult and then being upset that it was harder to get through. And there are games all the time that lock more exclusive content behind higher difficulties.

Nevertheless, that doesn't mean that current implementation is correct. It's meant to be hard, but making it so hard that it can't be done is also a problem. Obviously the dev's goal is to make it actually hard while making it achievable as well. So some adjustments are in order.

2. The minigames are random, yes: it's a minigame. If you play a matching game, something like Tetris, shooting bottles in the air, etc., those are also randomized. I'm not sure why a minigame would ever not be randomized, since that's the nature of them generally.

The choices are not random, however. They are consistent every game. It's always the same server; it's always the same combination of types of answers to Bridget. Those do not change. I'm guessing by "random" here you mean that you are guessing without information, picking randomly. This would go to the point I made that clues being provided would be a good addition to the game.

3. You seem to have ideas in mind of minigames you've found to be fun. Can you provide some examples? I'm sure the dev would like to see what things players find more entertaining and adjust the game accordingly. Keep in mind that this is a demo of the game, so it's still very early in development. There isn't really a lot set in stone, as far as I'm aware.

As I said before, I have already been discussing with the dev about the possibility of adding clues for things like the server restart. I cannot say more on that until he's gotten back to me and things progress from there.
I understand that you've gotten frustrated with some things. I'm sorry it's been less fun for you. I know PHiL is open to suggestions and is willing to make adjustments. (He is already working on some currently, as am I.) Obviously it's not required and we'll try to figure some things out regardless, but any specific, concrete suggestions you can offer would be very helpful and appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: kuraiken

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
  1. That is fair, although that is also player choice. The answers are available if you choose Easy Mode. On a high level, I can't imagine choosing a game mode that is indicated to be more difficult and then being upset that it was harder to get through. And there are games all the time that lock more exclusive content behind higher difficulties.
    [...]
    The choices are not random, however. They are consistent every game. It's always the same server; it's always the same combination of types of answers to Bridget. Those do not change. I'm guessing by "random" here you mean that you are guessing without information, picking randomly. This would go to the point I made that clues being provided would be a good addition to the game.
Difficulty does not mean tedious or time-reducing or frequent game over screens. A game can make it easy to get a game over without being difficult.
Difficulty comes from informed decisions the player has to make. This game presents uninformed decisions. There is no basis for the decision making. That's why the game's decisions are not easy, nor hard. They're random. You have no control over what choice is the right one but trial and error.
If I put a bomb in front of you with a red and green switch and ask you to deactivate it, there is a reasonable inference you can do on what deactivates the bomb.
If I put a bomb with 3 grey buttons in front of you, there is nothing you can go by to deactivate it. The choice is random.

If the decisions to convince Bridget, for instance, were not two equally plausible versions of which you have to guess the right magic sequence, but you had to use your knowledge of Bridget (which would have to be established previously) to convince her, than it becomes an informed decision. Your knowledge of a character and how the character internally works allows the right decision. If the character isn't well established, or the decisions don't clearly enough indicate (or at all) what part of her personality you appeal to - then there is no informed decison, and the player, when presented with the options, can only randomly guess.

The minigames are random, yes: it's a minigame. If you play a matching game, something like Tetris, shooting bottles in the air, etc., those are also randomized. I'm not sure why a minigame would ever not be randomized, since that's the nature of them generally.

The minigame being random that I was thinking of was the story-minigame where you fix the access to the tech lab.
I have no idea why I failed the first time or why I won the second time, nor do I clearly understand the rules.
I have to click x times and then press the button, and then get a 50% random chance of succeeding? Or click 2x times or so and then the button for a 100% chance? There's no counter of how many clicks I've made. I don't know where I'm at, or why I failed and then succeeded.
The game is not clearly telling my what actions cause what outcome, doesn't show me how I'm progressing, and then seems to maybe or maybe not leave a part of it once again up to random chance?
I got past the game in less than a minute, but that's not the point. The point is I have no idea what the minigame was supposed to even accomplish for my play experience, or what it was really even asking of me. I don't know why I lost the first time, and why I won the second time.

You seem to have ideas in mind of minigames you've found to be fun. Can you provide some examples? I'm sure the dev would like to see what things players find more entertaining and adjust the game accordingly. Keep in mind that this is a demo of the game, so it's still very early in development. There isn't really a lot set in stone, as far as I'm aware.

As I said before, I have already been discussing with the dev about the possibility of adding clues for things like the server restart. I cannot say more on that until he's gotten back to me and things progress from there.
I understand that you've gotten frustrated with some things. I'm sorry it's been less fun for you. I know PHiL is open to suggestions and is willing to make adjustments. (He is already working on some currently, as am I.) Obviously it's not required and we'll try to figure some things out regardless, but any specific, concrete suggestions you can offer would be very helpful and appreciated.
Repeatable minigames depend a lot on programming skill.
Usually they should be...
* responsive (visual reaction to actions, audio cues)
* clear (you know exactly what to do, the game makes it clear when you do something right and when you do it wrong)
* well defined (simple and logically cohesive in its design)
* short

You've mentioned Tetris. That's a good example.
* Every action you do visually shows on screen as the tile moves or rotates. Pressing the down key lets it crash down.
* When you lose because the screen is filled, the rest of the screen fills and makes it clear you lost because the tiles grew too high. The moment you form a row, it explodes, score numbers pop up. The game tells you when you did bad and when you did good. In addition, the game tells you *ahead* of time what the next piece is going to be, so you can calculate a step ahead and know what you'll have next.
* The game of Tetris is simple. Use the shapes to form rows and make them explode, or the rows grow too high and you lose.

Another example of good minigames is Sword & Soul: Never seen.

It has multiple "training" minigames that boost your skills. Every one of them fulfills all of the above. You know exactly what to do, the game shows you what you did right and what you did wrong, and the interaction uses visual and audio cues to create a satisfying interaction loop where clicking on stuff feels like more than just clicking. It feels like slicing apples, shooting arrows, zooming projectiles, evading, etc.

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes