Mastodon

Feb 20, 2018
The choice on whether to kill the pirates and/or their leader seems rather nonsensical.
It's treated - but not posed - as a choice whether you want to save them, rather than whether or not you want to keep them alive until the civilians arrive and decide what to do with them, and you're rebuked for merely not taking the opportunity for a spot of impromptu vigilantism.

LTD

Jul 30, 2017
I really enjoyed what's in there so far, but a female protagonist who is repeatedly raped, humiliated and even literally objectified is my kind of content, so there's little surprise there. I also love sci-fi and we don't see enough of that in the games around here. I'm sold just on that stuff, so please, more of that!

I thought the writing was pretty decent, especially for someone who's not a native English speaker. The premise is interesting and sets up for the management-hub based mission structure nicely. I could even see it lending itself well to mods, with people tacking on extra missions of all sorts and varying lengths.

As to the opening scroll thing, I don't like it. It's not bad per se, but it should be skippable (you know, like a "Read Intro" or "Skip Intro" option), because as it is it's just a pain in the ass when you want to start over to have to go through it again.

A small request: will there be an option to get rid of the pubes? I am not a fan.

Like I said at the top, I really like this start you've got. I look forward to seeing how you flesh out the game in the future. :)

Reactions: Ashani

HopeDev

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2024
The choice on whether to kill the pirates and/or their leader seems rather nonsensical.
It's treated - but not posed - as a choice whether you want to save them, rather than whether or not you want to keep them alive until the civilians arrive and decide what to do with them, and you're rebuked for merely not taking the opportunity for a spot of impromptu vigilantism.
That was mostly posed as a way to show that the scientist were flawed as well, lashing out at you for not being enough violent.
But you're right, maybe I can reframe it to be more like, "wait for them before choosing" instead of "spare them or not".

I really enjoyed what's in there so far, but a female protagonist who is repeatedly raped, humiliated and even literally objectified is my kind of content, so there's little surprise there. I also love sci-fi and we don't see enough of that in the games around here. I'm sold just on that stuff, so please, more of that!

I thought the writing was pretty decent, especially for someone who's not a native English speaker. The premise is interesting and sets up for the management-hub based mission structure nicely. I could even see it lending itself well to mods, with people tacking on extra missions of all sorts and varying lengths.

As to the opening scroll thing, I don't like it. It's not bad per se, but it should be skippable (you know, like a "Read Intro" or "Skip Intro" option), because as it is it's just a pain in the ass when you want to start over to have to go through it again.

A small request: will there be an option to get rid of the pubes? I am not a fan.

Like I said at the top, I really like this start you've got. I look forward to seeing how you flesh out the game in the future. :)
Yes, the system to shave yourself is already there, I just have to implement it in a fun way. I'll try to do it sooner than later.

this looks good ngl worthy of precum
What an honor!

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
Just a few thoughts for the dev, in case they are useful:
  • The setting is great, the overall concept is interesting, and in general the execution seems to be headed to a good place. Please take the additional points below as the constructive criticisms they are meant to be.
  • The highlighted dialogue boxes are a nice touch.
  • There are many typos and errors scattered throughout, which can be very jarring in such a text-heavy game - I understand that English may not be your first language, but I would encourage you to use some additional spell-checking resources.
  • From a game-design perspective, having Hope start out at 0 Respect is a potentially limiting choice. Since the stat currently acts as the "corruption" metric, it effectively leaves Hope with nowhere to fall. It makes a lot of sense thematically for her to start there - but it may not be a great idea mechanically. Perhaps it may be worth it to track "Respect" (i.e. perceived humanity) and "Corruption" separately?
  • As it currently stands, Respect tends to bounce around a lot. One random encounter can wipe out 15 respect - i.e. 15% of the total available "Corruption" resource. That sort of instability is generally high-risk/low-reward in game design. Perhaps consider some sort of a cap on Respect loss in a given cycle, or cut down on the raw values of the random encounters.
Thanks for sharing your work here!

Reactions: HopeDev and Ashani

HopeDev

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2024
Just a few thoughts for the dev, in case they are useful:
  • The setting is great, the overall concept is interesting, and in general the execution seems to be headed to a good place. Please take the additional points below as the constructive criticisms they are meant to be.
  • The highlighted dialogue boxes are a nice touch.
  • There are many typos and errors scattered throughout, which can be very jarring in such a text-heavy game - I understand that English may not be your first language, but I would encourage you to use some additional spell-checking resources.
  • From a game-design perspective, having Hope start out at 0 Respect is a potentially limiting choice. Since the stat currently acts as the "corruption" metric, it effectively leaves Hope with nowhere to fall. It makes a lot of sense thematically for her to start there - but it may not be a great idea mechanically. Perhaps it may be worth it to track "Respect" (i.e. perceived humanity) and "Corruption" separately?
  • As it currently stands, Respect tends to bounce around a lot. One random encounter can wipe out 15 respect - i.e. 15% of the total available "Corruption" resource. That sort of instability is generally high-risk/low-reward in game design. Perhaps consider some sort of a cap on Respect loss in a given cycle, or cut down on the raw values of the random encounters.
Thanks for sharing your work here!
Thanks for the comments.

The thing about adding "corruption" as a status, is that I want to avoid bloating the game with a lot of options that don't do much. The more status conditions I add, the more variants I have to write, or the less impactful they are. So, I decided to unify your classic corruption stat and the attitude of the humans towards you in one. Basically because it's easier for me.
I agree that as of now, the changes seem too abrupt. That's one of the balance things I have to tweak with time.
And for next release, you'll start with the respect full or almost full, it doesn't make too much playable sens to start with it at zero.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
You can take off your underwear but can't leave your quarters without them. Is there some stat that's going to keep track of that?

Reactions: Ashani

HopeDev

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2024
You can take off your underwear but can't leave your quarters without them. Is there some stat that's going to keep track of that?
Yes, at some point you'll be able to go out without it, or be forced to do it.
Also, I figured that if I left the option to go without underwear as of now, you pervs would go commando all day long.

• Wow
Reactions: Ashani and LTD

HopeDev

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2024
The second release of the game is here!

Aside from a bunch of new events, you can now jump forward in space from the bridge, revealing a new zone to explore and get resources from. You have three new missions, two quick ones and a long one, similar in size to the Hades or the Victoria.

Please enjoy and tell me if you find any bugs or typos.

• Changelog 0.2
    • You can jump forward in space from the bridge.
      • Unlocks 3 new missions, two quick ones and one large (I recommend getting to know some of your residents before doing the mission in the CI127)
    • A new event for talking to Roger, Dash, and Captain Susan (for a total of 3 each)
    • Some residents can call you now (rare)
    • By popular demand, removed fade-in text from the introduction and speeded up the rest (you can wait two seconds, a couple of times during the game, I believe in you)
    • Added some mementos to your room
    • You can now shave under certain conditions (it will be easier to get in the future, but for now you should talk to Roger and get lucky)
    • Balance changes
      • Reduced the general loss of respect to be more progressive
      • Sec actions are more beneficial
    • Bugfixes
      • No more students exploding in the Hades
      • Various bugfixes here and there

-

PS: Can I add tags? Or I have to ask a moderator?

Last edited:

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
Few events calculate stress wrong, instead of raising it's lowering it and vice-versa.

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
Can you point out which ones?
1)
Now the only loose thread is the original crew of the Victoria, you force yourself not to look at the body that was once Rebecca, the daughter of Dr Scott, the leader of the expedition.
2)
In any case, you don't have time to lose, the gunshot was too loud.
3)
You return the salute, smiling, as you pass by.
4)
After that, you both walk away, having shared an intimate and genuine moment, the ones that don't come easily nowadays.
Also how it's possible for Rebecca to lose virginity by her father if she was raped by pirates in every holes?

Reactions: LightningMaestro

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
Instead of
Code:
[[Attack the Hangman yourself, no need for Dash to risk his life pointlessly.|Hades4.3 -Dash lives-]]
should be
Code:
[[Attack the Hangman yourself, no need for Dash to risk his life pointlessly.|Hades4.4]]
Also in same passage need to complete <</speech>> tag and add <</if>> for weapon check.
Another bug: when Sergeant Michael check MC he find out cum even if we didn't had any sex with prisoners.

Reactions: LightningMaestro
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes