Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
To be more precise, Faye groping is included in the next update, but not Lacey.
The next version will directly be 0.1.3.0 - I will skip 0.1.2.1 It doesn't make sense to release a content version as a "bug fix".
Will 0.1.3.0 have a new focus girl? Maybe one of the 'small breasted' ones based on the poll results? Regardless, can't wait. Great job as always!

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Will 0.1.3.0 have a new focus girl? Maybe one of the 'small breasted' ones based on the poll results? Regardless, can't wait. Great job as always!
No new focus girl yet. I'm not done with Eva. At least her reward appointment is still missing.
The poll winner for the smaller breasted girls will get some content. But nothing like focus girl level.
Then there is the sial boat tour and the lab scene with Jennifer and Joy. So, there is no risk of not knowing what to do next :D

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Now I am in dubio.
Looking at the saves I have, I last played this in July.
To get the feel for it again I will play from scratch, but should I wait or get on the way with it?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Now I am in dubio.
To get the feel for it again I will play from scratch, but should I wait or get on the way with it?
Well 'saves' back from 0.0.8.0 forward are still good. But starting over from the beginning isn't bad either. I mean you already know some of the things you need to do. Using the console and cheat codes you can play all the way through in about 3 hours of non-stop play.

Reactions: junior366

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Now I am in dubio.
I suggest you play a bit with your existing saves and start over once 0.1.3 is out. There are so many changes with 0.1.3

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Well 'saves' back from 0.0.8.0 forward are still good. But starting over from the beginning isn't bad either. I mean you already know some of the things you need to do. Using the console and cheat codes you can play all the way through in about 3 hours of non-stop play.
I know this game quite well. I just checked. My first post on this game was on page 9.

Reactions: Bantry

Pattitto00

May 20, 2018
After reading posts here and there my picture about 1.3 update will be an "ingame" update, upgrading interfaces mainly.

Im pretty curious about the "Interface update for MC masturbation ". I must admit that I laught so much reading that tittle post (just my sense of humour don't blame me Please).

Mar 3, 2018
Now I am in dubio.
My tendency is to zip & label my old saves and then start from scratch (using cheats) with each new release.

Sometimes I'll skip a release or two so there's more new stuff to play with, but often there are so many updates & changes that it's worth playing through the whole gloriously boobly mess again every time.

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Usually it isn't neccessary to start over.
But if you are out of it for a few versions there are often things changed in intro, or one time events that have new renders.
If you have to play all those things again and again just for a few new pics, it's not worth it.
But I like this game a lot and I want to take everything out of it.

I have started Son of a Bitch, and Superpowered at least 10 times but now I let it rest for a few updates.
It's like what I had with the books of Wheel of time or Game of Thrones.
You read book 1. Book 2 comes out but you read book one again. I have read book one frome Wheel of Time at least 15 times in the past 25 years.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.3 beta - development news (updated 20/10/2018)
Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next main version of Holiday Island (0.1.3.0 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.

The next release is 0.1.3.0 beta which includes bug fixes and new content

The update from 0.1.2.0 to 0.1.3.0 has 206 new renders and videos right now!

New features and content

• The attractiveness of the girls can now be changed in a scene with Yumiko at the bar --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
  • Yumiko will work at the night bar for two days of the week instead of Jennifer --> will be added with 0.1.3.0 (still working on it)
  • The butt contest can take place in two locations now (same as the Wet T contest) - pool or beach --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
  • Aly gets a new quest, related to the pool pose scene --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
  • Wet T-Shirt contest will be availabel on saturdays --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
  • You can add a description for each save game now. Also the version number of the save is displayed. In addition you have 15 pages for save slots now instead of 9 --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
  • Yumiko gets some sexting images for the new category "context related" --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
  • Sextings can be send with a time delay now. I needed this for the new context related sexting messages. --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
  • A new fifth section for "sexting" has been added. In the future you will get context related sextings with individual texts. --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
  • The phone gets a new app to display "Trophies" for each girl --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
  • Yumiko gets the basic actions (hug, kiss, grope, gift) --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
  • Aly gets the pool pose scene --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
  • Aly gets the pool sunbed scene --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
  • Faye gets the breast flash action renders --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
Minor improvements and changes

• Joy's progress display for the office scenes has been changed to "multi image" --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
  • Instead of only the "not yet discovered!" image, you see a preview of the scene behind --> will be added with 0.1.3.0
  • Lots of corrections for spelling and grammar (many thanks to Rock H. for all the help) --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
  • Contacts and progress overview phone app gets a scrollbar /mousewheel scroll option. Meaning the next/previous page buttons are no longer needed and have been removed --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
  • Inventory phone app gets a scrollbar/mousewheel scroll option. Meaning the next/previous page buttons are no longer needed and have been removed --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
  • Probability for all girls to be at the night bar at 01:30 has been greatly reduced --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
  • Yvette is still wearing her old bathing suit in the initial phone image --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
  • Fixed some spelling and grammar mistakes --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
Bug fixes

• Image with Faye at the pool had part of an arm showing that did not belong there --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
  • "initimate action" counters not properly increased during Eva elevator scene and Amy shower scene --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
  • When you get the footjob from Renee, your lust isn't reduced --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
  • Eva pool distraction scene when she asks you to swim at the end of the scene could lead to a strange text: "Sorry, but this action is not yet supported for <player>" <player> could also be another girl name. --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
  • Ivy sexting image placeholder on phone achievements is missing --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
  • sleeping could cause error: name 'char1' is not definied in pl_actions.rpy, line 1077 --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
  • Some lines of text when talking to the doctor or with receptionist could not be seen. This is related to the size reduction of the text box. --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
  • Relaxing at the pool could cause the problem that text was shown, but the images were not changing. In addition all interface buttons were deactivated. --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
  • Some quests could be added several times for one girl (e.g. Natasha breast growth quest) --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0
  • Faye gets the breast grope action back. Was accidentially removed in 0.1.2 --> will be fixed with 0.1.3.0

Is the update going to break save games?:
0.1.3.0 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:
0.1.3.0 beta --> no date yet

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I don't think that the players understand the girl's attractiveness stat. The choices made at the start of the game tell how attractive YOU find the girl. Thus, when you kiss her, your lust rises an amount tied to how attractive you find her. (For me, Ivy always adds 9 to my lust when I kiss her.) By changing a girl's atttractiveness, I don't think that her looks will change, but how sexy she is to you will change, so that when you kiss her, your lust will change accordingly.

Reactions: Tomomasa

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I don't think that the players understand the girl's attractiveness stat. The choices made at the start of the game tell how attractive YOU find the girl. Thus, when you kiss her, your lust rises an amount tied to how attractive you find her. (For me, Ivy always adds 9 to my lust when I kiss her.) By changing a girl's atttractiveness, I don't think that her looks will change, but how sexy she is to you will change, so that when you kiss her, your lust will change accordingly.
Back in my day, we'd sit at the bar and the bartender would sell us drinks. The more drinks we had, the better and better the women started to look. We called it 'Beer Goggles'. Just guessing here, but I do not think that is what @darkhound1 has in mind when he says:
< The attractiveness of the girls can now be changed in a scene with Yumiko at the bar >

Reactions: junior366

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
I still cant open beach bar and Yumoko. I tru everything but still cant open her. What I do wrong?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I still cant open beach bar and Yumoko. I tru everything but still cant open her. What I do wrong?
You will never, repeat never find Yumiko on your own. Now if you see Eva at the beach in a bikini and you go to the sunbeds she might ask you to buy her a soft drink. The only place to get a soft drink at the beach is the beach bar.

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
You will never, repeat never find Yumiko on your own. Now if you see Eva at the beach in a bikini and you go to the sunbeds she might ask you to buy her a soft drink. The only place to get a soft drink at the beach is the beach bar.
Thank you!

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Yes, that explains well how it works.
The attractiveness stat is a personal preference of the player. How the mc perceives each girl.
Changing the value will not change how the girls look. But it will allow each player to get a more fitting environment.
Chaning the stat works like a queston and answer game. So you cannot just use a slider and adjust the values.
Yumiko asks the mc who he finds the most attractive. The answer/choice will adjust the girl's attractiveness.

4.00 star(s) 210 Votes