• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Tested Version control with some old saves.

- Version 0.7 identified as unknown and returned to Menu.
- Version 0.8.4 identified as 0.8.4 and updated, continued after updating.
- Version 0.9.0 recognized, updated and continued after updating.

So that seems fine.

I am curious about the save game location though. I decided to start from fresh (no saves) after above testing and yet it can find all my old save games when I select "load" in what should be a new clean install in a separate folder and disk drive.

Is there a global save in addition to the local saves that i need to delete?
Search did not turn up any global saves. Nor did looking in the usual places.

edit : hmm. found old post that they are in my user profile somewhere too. Damn if I can find that place
Check C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\RenPy

Reactions: DuckSwim

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Thanks both. Found it and when updating page got 2 alerts with your quick answers :)

Will do a clean start now and see how it works (will save the old globals of course, for any future version management testing)

Reactions: DanMachiFan

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Tested Version control with some old saves.

- Version 0.7 identified as unknown and returned to Menu.
- Version 0.8.4 identified as 0.8.4 and updated, continued after updating.
- Version 0.9.0 recognized, updated and continued after updating.

So that seems fine.
Yeah, version management was introduced with 0.0.8.0
So anything before that will no longer work with 0.0.9.2.

Since I've created lots of bugs in trying to make old saves compatible. I hope this will improve now with the new version management I implemented.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
If you tell us what the bugs are, I might be able to help you. I hope it's not a general problem with 0.0.9.2.
I believe he refers to this error (see spoiler)
Started on a fresh game. 0.9.0 and added 0.9.2

Comes when entering players name.

It can be ignored and the game continued.
One simply has to ignore a couple of times before it goes away.

I have no trouble talking to Natasha (introduction at breakfast works fine, talked to her in gym too)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
I have this when I start new game. I press reload and its says its run ned pdate but still nothing change and its show the same. Aslso when I try to caht with Natasha she doesnt have anything only frase Thats all for now.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Damn shit.
Here is a new file, please replace it and try again.
The error is gone after having replaced the characters.rpyc file in games folder with your attached file.
So no problems typing in player name when doing new game intro with Joy, game continues correct.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
There is another major bug. You cannot talk to Natasha when loading an existing save. I'm correcting that right now. New version in a few minutes.
Sorry for that :(

If you want to fix it manually or if you already saved the game to version 0.0.9.2. You can open the console and type:
natasha.create_topics_list()
This will fix it as well.

EDIT: new version has been uploaded.
Get it from my patreon post:

Last edited:

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
Now I cant start a new game thanks. But I still have problem with Natasha. When I load my old save and choose Natasha come to island she doesnt have any chat. Only one phrase Thats all for now

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
My old boss used to say that a quickly fixed fuckup is not a fuckup :)

A small thing for the version manager.
Starting a clean new 0.9.2 and all local and global saves deleted, cache cleaned.

Loading a save game made after that, the version manager sees the 0.9.2 clean start save game as 0.8.4 :)
(unless I missed something of course, was pretty thorough though. seems to be purely cosmetic, does not seem to cause any trouble).

For those with other info on start screen. My start screen correctly states: version 0.0.9.2 alpha content addon 1 (So a full clean will give correct info there)

Last edited:

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
In order to apply the update, copy the content of the zip file into the folder named "game" inside the folder where you installed the game. Overwrite all files when asked.
After that delete the folder named "cache" inside the "game" folder. Also delete the folder named "gui" inside the "game" folder (only necessary if you installed bug fix 1 for 0.0.9 alpha) and restart the game.

the patch includes files that go in the cache folder but we then have to delete it????

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Now I cant start a new game thanks. But I still have problem with Natasha. When I load my old save and choose Natasha come to island she doesnt have any chat. Only one phrase Thats all for now
I wrote something about that a few posts back:

If you want to fix it manually or if you already saved the game to version 0.0.9.2. You can open the console and type:
natasha.create_topics_list()
This will fix it as well.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
My old boss used to say that a quickly fixed fuckup is not a fuckup :)
Lol, well it's more like damage control. If only some people got the bugs, we don't have to answer the same questions over and over again :) Well I guess I need to get back to beta testing the updates as well...

4.00 star(s) 210 Votes