Holiday Island [v0.1.4] [darkhound1] - General discussions and information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
To add to what Bantry said, Darkhound1 is looking for maximum benefit for the effort.
For example, I have suggested that he put cheating at poker in game. If you are dealing, use your hacking skill to deal yourself a winning hand. The game knows who wins, so just make it only show a hand where you win.
This seems ok, but it would be a lot of programming for little benefit since you can already just put in a cheat in the console or save and bet.
The best suggestions are ones that open up possibilities without taking up a lot of time which could be used to render the rest of Jennifer's transformation.
Ask yourself, would you rather see what you have suggested or another image of your favorite girl topless?

Reactions: brianiac and Bantry

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Hi guys, thanks for all the suggestions.
There is so much stuff here, that I can't answer all your posts, or I won't be doing much else.
As some of the "veterans" already pointed out, I'm just one guy with a full time job. All the rendering, writing and coding is done in my free time. A lot of stuff would be nice to have and we can always dream about new locations and more girls.
But the game is not a 100 year project ;)
Right now I have more than enough ideas to bring the game to version 0.2.
This doesn't mean that I'm not going to pick up an idea (or two, or three) from one of the posts and add it in between. If I like the idea and if the amount of time it takes is reasonable.

Here is a small change to display the girl(s) the new messages are from:
messages.jpg
I don't remember who asked for it and I'm too lazy to search right now :)
I even made it a bit nicer than asked for. You get the names displayed even when there are more new messages than just 1.
(up to 4 names are displayed, any more and it ends with "and others!")

I will still try to answer or talk about some of the suggestions, so you get a better feeling what's possibel and what isn't. Also adding some of what's more or less fix already at least as a plan to do it.
  • phone stuff - the phone is already a very important item in the game - Two way commnication would be nice, but it's incredibly hard to implement and would take a ton of time without any real benefit. That's also the reason I've added the physical "visit a girl" option instead of just using the phone to schedule a date.
  • There won't be any maps for locations or rooms to click and go there - this just doesn't fit with the game style and makes things complicated without any real benefit
  • There won't be any more contests in the near future. We had a lot of suggestions already (twister, dancing, who makes the MC hard first wins, ...)
    I want to update the butt contest first to make it more interesting and bring it to the level of the wet T contest.
    Also before any new contests will be added, I think it's better to have more reward scenes from other girls as wel, to make it more "rewarding" to to the contest
  • The night bar is still a little under used right now. I want to change that in one of the next main updates. What I'm going to add exactly is not fixed yet. Could be (slot machine, dancing, pool/snooker, darts or maybe one of the games like twister)
  • There is also still that tit fight competition to be done. It will also take place in the night bar.
  • Then we have the new player room. I have plans for at least three different scenes right now:
    - Faye comes for a visit to make good on a promise
    - Jennifer roleplay (I won't spoil the surprise)
    - Another scene in the pool or using the pole dance area (girl is not yet fixed)
  • The sauna, a new indoor location for the spa will be added at some point, since I can do renders with up to three or even four characters now. But there won't be any animations, just stills.
  • The new PC hardware also makes it possible to finally do a 2 girl massage scene
  • Then there are Yvette and Heather each telling a story about their end of school days (involving fun with a guy)
  • Then we have the still open sail boat trip with Jennifer and Amy
  • I also have a scene planned with Yvette and the MC having a private dinner in the restaurant with Yumiko as waitress.
    Yvette will get a new outfir for that scene. She will also tell a story about her younger self. You can see the picture of her as a 16 year old on my patreon.
Finishing and creating all the above with adding some basic scenes for girls that still don't have them, will surely take until summer this year.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
The Covenant of Incestion still waiting for Mother & Sister (no loli pls!) content pack.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(make it separate pack, so no need afraid of Paletron idiot admin).
This is not a request, nor suggestion and not even an order.
This is a ransom, a ransom of our own pocket from donating to your game.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
The way everyone is responding to the picture frames, I wonder if two more can be added, 1 on either side (for 150 HI bucks each).
I know that I'd buy them.
You'll have to hit H to see them all, but that would be ok.

Culain

Jan 23, 2018
One suggestion for the pics in frames:

We have 2 contests so far, butt and shirt. Dev mentioned, titfight will also come.
I`d love to see the weekly winners on such pic around somewhere...maybe at the walls of the training area.

Culain

Jan 23, 2018
I`m still a bit unhappy with MC`s old room.
He now lives in his new rooms, full of several options.
Basically, his old room wouldn`t be needed anymore.
Well, how about rebuilding it into a shower/sauna/lockerroom for the girls (and him lol)?
In this way, there wont be another room needed, bc the old one can be used.
But main point of this suggestion, there would be a button for access needed, as MC actually cant move between those 2 rooms by free will.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I`m still a bit unhappy with MC`s old room.
He now lives in his new rooms, full of several options.
Basically, his old room wouldn`t be needed anymore.
Well, how about rebuilding it into a shower/sauna/lockerroom for the girls (and him lol)?
In this way, there wont be another room needed, bc the old one can be used.
But main point of this suggestion, there would be a button for access needed, as MC actually cant move between those 2 rooms by free will.
The old room is still needed, because there are several scenes in the old room. It doesn't make sense to limit the availability of these once the player moved into the new room.
We don't need more areas where the player can have sex with the girls.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Been walking on the beach with all the smaller breasted girls, Delizia, Lacey, Brenda and they all have the 'look at their ass' option instead of 'look at their cleavage' like the other girls. Not a bad thing as they are all beautiful, but I recall the cosplay costume tryout session we observe and the smaller breasted girls all lament not having larger breasts like Heather. It seems to me that women being some what vain and self-conscious might consider it an insult that we only looked at their ass and side-boob when we walked on the beach.

Now personally I would motorboat any and all of them, however I can envision a conversation along these lines after complimenting them instead of looking again ... You didn't really look at my boobs, is it because they aren't 'big' like some of the other girls? I would think the MC could explain he thinks they're perfect, didn't want to seem rude, could barely keep himself from fondling them, etc.

Which could lead to scenes where the girl asks the MC to do just that in some form either after a drink or dance in the night bar or a private dance in the new playroom or maybe a soak in the hot tub. Just trying to find a way to kick off some new scenes for the full breasted girls that seem plausible. Or maybe @darkhound1 has future plans for them all to meet Joy and go the Jennifer route.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Obviously just a minor oversight that neither the night bar or the new playroom has a fireplace. We should have contractors start renovations immediately to add one or two. I mean can't you just see a beautiful woman lounging in front of the fireplace? Maybe on a bearskin rug or something. Wearing ... oh I don't know, wearing something.

fireside_girl06.jpg

SiJa

Feb 21, 2018
Would be nice if the "Dinner with Amy" scene was finished.
How about (to keep it simple and not many complex renders) just options of Footjob or Blowjob or Titjob.
Would be nice to have this scene completed.

Culain

Jan 23, 2018
Would be nice, if we could have different outfits for the girls, when playing poker.
;)

Wilson NE

May 12, 2018
Would be nice, if we could have different outfits for the girls, when playing poker.
;)
+1 here for this, thinking in long term obviously.

The other nightoutfits of the girls deserves an strip scene too :) Maybe this was already planned from the beginning of the game but posponed because there is priority stuff to be done.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
;)

The other nightoutfits of the girls deserves an strip scene too :) Maybe this was already planned from the beginning of the game but posponed because there is priority stuff to be done.
Next thing you know, you'll want Jennifer designing new outfits for all the girls with private modelling sessions in either their room or the new playroom. Wait, that might not be a bad thing.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017

Right now the code is not set up to handle different outfits. It would require some changes to the girl class, some picture renaming and some other code changes. The image names are like that: "Natasha_poker0.jpg", "Natasha_poker1.jpg" and so on. So there is no clothing type in the file name. An alternative option would be to leave the file name as it is, but use a sub folder or different folders. Like "poker1", "poker2" instead of just "poker". Probably the easiest way to do it. Would require some search and replace in the code as well.

Reactions: junior366

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Wow, Darkhound1, that new tech. you bought must be something special! I'd love different outfits for poker because I like variety in the game, and I seem to play a lot of it in the new version. I thought for sure you'd say too much work for too little benefit, but if it's not, I say go for it!
Who to start with? My vote is for Desire or Delizia. They have the fewest images, and getting a different outfit would benefit them the most. Plus, Desire would only give you the lap dance & titfuck in her super sexy outfit, so you'd have to work for it.
Second choice: Joy. She randomly pops up and could surprise you with what she wears.
The achievements could even be updated to get all outfits.
Plus, you could eliminate the line of dialogue about her changing, since it doesn't make sense when she's wearing her super sexy outfit.
Love it!

Reactions: junior366

jikorde

Mar 4, 2018
Right now the code is not set up to handle different outfits. It would require some changes to the girl class, some picture renaming and some other code changes. The image names are like that: "Natasha_poker0.jpg", "Natasha_poker1.jpg" and so on. So there is no clothing type in the file name. An alternative option would be to leave the file name as it is, but use a sub folder or different folders. Like "poker1", "poker2" instead of just "poker". Probably the easiest way to do it. Would require some search and replace in the code as well.
How about making them wear different outfits for when you add unique poker things to the new room? So keep the old poker things as is, but redesign the system for the new room so that you can add more outfits to the newer stuff. Maybe even have multiple outfits(that you gift them specifically for these kind of occasions) with an occasional special scene based on outfit the girl wears to the session. Would make the new room feel more unique and add a reason to gift seasonal or eventish outfits to the girls that they don't have to wear anywhere else.

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Obviously just a minor oversight that neither the night bar or the new playroom has a fireplace. We should have contractors start renovations immediately to add one or two. I mean can't you just see a beautiful woman lounging in front of the fireplace? Maybe on a bearskin rug or something. Wearing ... oh I don't know, wearing something.

View attachment 230542
Nice Leanna Decker photo !!!!! :love:(y)

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
How about making them wear different outfits for when you add unique poker things to the new room? So keep the old poker things as is, but redesign the system for the new room so that you can add more outfits to the newer stuff. Maybe even have multiple outfits(that you gift them specifically for these kind of occasions) with an occasional special scene based on outfit the girl wears to the session. Would make the new room feel more unique and add a reason to gift seasonal or eventish outfits to the girls that they don't have to wear anywhere else.
It doesn't work like that. There is only 1 poker code in the game. It's not location dependent. It's just images and how many there are. I already said I have to change the code and other stuff. After that it won't matter if it's 1 or 2 or 5 or 10 outfits. It will all work the same way. The new outfits will be poker only or based on existing outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.